Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams with TALL Dogs

I have a dog up in Brisbane (at the home of my parents) that I miss... we will see him over Christmas and I have been a bit home sick of late...

I dreamt that Anna and I drove up to Brisbane (which is what is going to happen) and that as we got home, there were 2 tall dogs (that looked like my real dog, but that were as tall as I am) but no cosmo!!!!

Anna and I went searching for this dog, however we came across two business colleagues down here in Sydney that said that they took him to the vet as he had cancer.... I couldn't understand this as I realised that they lived in a different location to my dog and that they couldn't possibly had known that my dog had cancer...

All no doubt relating to the same theme....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dreams with TALL Dogs

Hi Craigy

Likely the same theme ,, there is another post on the Forum at present anout dogs and although it is from a woman it may help to look at the symbolism from the other side (as it is often easier to see / understand issues in others than in ourselves).

If the dream represents both your inner and outer journey ,,,
returning home would suggest that you are getting closer to who you really are, you are with Anna - there is / has been a growing closeness and understanding of the role of the feminine in you, as companion and council.
So if the dogs represent the masculine ,,, and they are TALL ,, as tal as you - you are as big as them - this is the size of your manhood, your masculine ,,, it is equal to you, you are this tall.

However - does someone else have your dog (your masculine); have you sold part of yourself over to the business part of your life to the material world ?
Cancer is something that is anarchistic ,, it is uncontained and does not obey the rules of life, the rules that sustain life ,, it prapagated and spreads in a way that sucks the life out of the body and eventually the body dies

Food for thought ,,,
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Craigy,
We are still stuck on dogs are we? Steve points out the possible masculine aspects a dog can represent {cats are more feminine}. But of course we know that it is probably addressing deeper issues.

Perhaps the two dogs that look like Cosmo {is it merely synchronistic that cosmos is representative of the whole?} represent the two aspects that are confronting who you are {Anna's faithful guy or the ladies man}. The true self has yet to be fully realized {no Cosmo} thus there seems to be a lot of work left in finding this part of you.

The cancer. Perhaps your 'ladies man' affliction? And again the 'two' colleges. These are aspects of yourself in co-ordinated consultation trying to discover and help heal the inner self {took him to the vet}.

Yes, the same theme. But there seems to be progress since the animal aspects are getting medical attention {vet in your dream}. Perhaps by realizing your 'ladies man' personality you are indeed aware of its power and are taking extra 'care' not to let it control your life. Of course the proof is in the 'puddin' {sexual connotations aside} and whether you remain true to Anna.

Hey, hey, hey. We may be making progress. That is the real intent of the Dream Forum. To help others realize the true self and discover whatever it may be that is preventing them from living harmonious and happy lives.

Gerard

PS- I want to refer you to Tinkster dream where she seems to have had a less than nourishing childhood like yourself but is reacting to it in a somewhat different way. But before anyone begins to think I am picking on these two, let me state that almost everyone has some type of childhood issue{s} that need attention later in life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Cheers, it seems as if you are right!

I am working very consciously on the aspects of these dreams, and haven't had a dream about it since this post - instead, I am dreaming of a white Xmas and poker!

from Tinkster's dream...

"It turns out {at as least as I can determine} he is trying to replace that lost love never received in his childhood. He is looking for love in all the wrong places using sex as a substitute for the ungiven love earlier in life."

Very loved earlier from everyone - parents, friends, parents of friends...

That's not what I think it is, its just a higher than normal threshold for sexual things...

Craigy,
Dreams of poker. Now that opens up new doors. Poke her. And also are you gambling on something, hoping to win the big prize? The prize being winning that love you have been looking for in all the wrong places {unconsciously the love not received earlier in life}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present