Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a dream about a car dying

I had a dream I was in a car and all of a sudden it started to die. I jumped out and right afterwards the tires blew out one by one and then this fluid (blood or gas or oil--I'm not sure) started gushing out and then it was dead and I could not even get inside of it again. The car was in some kind of mall or inside facility like a showroom.

I don't understand how a car could die and was really confused in my dream.

I was really frightened because I figured the car was a representation of myself.

thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 & seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: a dream about a car dying

Hi Carla

welcome - it was a big thing for me to post on this sight and so I guess the dream must have really gotten your attention.
well the first thing is that dreams are not about hurting us, rather they can provide us with insights and guidance that the conscious part of ourselves may overlook. In this wasy we can mindfully prepare / look at our options.

In a way you are right, the car may represent you ,,, or rather your life, how you are moving throught your life ,,,, and less likely the physical you. When you scan your life is there anything that may 'stop you in it's tracks', or that has all the life out of it ? Could this be to do with some public aspect of you life ?

What are your thoughts ?
All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: a dream about a car dying

Hi Justin

Thank you for your response to my dream. I have been thinking about what you said and on some level I wish it were about my body because if that car represented my life or an aspect of my life then to me it means some aspect of my life (my dreams, I believe) are dead and I can't go back to trying to pursuing them.

I am battling an addiction and this problem is moving me far away from the life I imagine living. I hate sounding negative but it seems that the dream solidified my feeling that a certain future is dead to me now.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 & Seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Re: a dream about a car dying

Hi Clara

thank you for replying and putting things in context.
Firstly, with dreams, it is important to consider that the purpose of our dreams is never to hurt us - for me this is what I have seen over and over. If there is something in our waking life that we are not getting, or refusing to accept then the dreams try and get our attention ,,, and get more vivid, wild and even nightmarish. I think this is a big point ti consider ,,, and I recommend you spend some time on this ,,, can you flip your perspective to (even the possibility) that somewhere deep inside these dreams are there to help you - for you.

Dreams ay be drawing our attention to how things are in our life now, or how things could turn out IF we continue as we are, or may be giving us another persective on something we already know - but another perspective that can help us understand more fully.
Dreams tell it like it is - they are like a friend who will just tell you how it is, all the while wanting and waiting for you to do what you need to do.

So your dream is not necessarily one of despair ,, could it be that the car / life you are walking away from is your life of addiction, that part of you wants to get back into ,,, or it could be recognising how the addiction has separated you from who you really are + the life you could be living. Representing the efforts you are putting in to getting back on board ,,,

attend to your inner work, watch your dreams, start a dream journal,
take care
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present