Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Dreaming Mind-Brain: A Jungian Perspective

I found an article from the 'Journal of Analytical Society' that I know everyone will find interesting. A neuroscience study paper {the scientific study of the nervous system} confirms Jung's view that emotional health, not censorship or disguise {Freud}, underpins the dreaming process. I haven't digested the whole paper thoroughly but it is yet another example of the forsight and insights of Carl Jung. His insights to the psyche are revolutionary and I don't believe the full importance of his writings and philosophies have yet to be fully realized, and appreciated. The whole body, physical and psychological are interdependent, they are two aspects of the whole, related and aware of the other. This study provides insights of those relationships and how they affect dreams.

I have always liked the idea that dreams are about the emotions and the archetypes are the collective emotions. In this paper it is stated that 'the emotions shape the dream plots'. When we can identify the emotional pattern{s}, the motif{s}, {as varied and diverse as they are} then we begin to read the dream with more success.

When we come across the archeypal symbols in a dream, those that we can discern as being important to the deeper levels of emotional health, we can look to mythology for the unversal patterns and a better understanding of the root causations.
Reading from Cinderella: Biography of an Archetype we can see how this works out in real lfe, corresponding to the myth.

In " The Truth About Cinderella," evolutionary psychologists Martin Daly and Margo Wilson have argued that "Cinderella," far from being an innocent flight of fancy, has roots that lie deep in the evolution of human psychology. Its archetype of mistreated stepchildren, they believe, has a firm basis in the genetic investment that binds parents to biological offspring. They cite in support, for example, the statistic that a child is 100 times more likely to be abused or killed by a stepparent, who has no genetic stake in the child, than by a genetic parent, who does.

Going past the archetypal importance of the Cinderella story, I believe the term 'genetic' is important. These patterns are hardwired within the DNA of our species {and I believe an evolutaionary thing, everything being related-giving a name to the source is where we have a problem}. And the most primitive mind, where the experience was still as much animal as it was pychological {man with his developed emotions}, still has an influence on our modern brains.

If man can be self sustaining as we know he is, why not the planet earth as a single living organism, made up of many interdependent parts, just like the human body. And what about the cosmos. Perhaps it too is a self contained living thing. But mankind can not accept his own divinity, we are destroying the planet because we will not accept the earth's divinity, and kill each other because we have a different theology to the unknowable divinity that is the cosmos.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present