Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bridge - not there

Hello All:

I was hoping for some insight on a dream I had the other night.

I'm driving home from work in the evening, and it's raining. I'm using one of two routes that I normally take, but I notice some of the scenery is different...new restaurants, etc.

I come to point where I am supposed to cross a bridge, but the bridge isn't there. The bridge isn't that long, it simply crosses a small stream of water. I get out of the car and walk down the embankment (about 5 feet). It's still raining. I wonder if the rain has washed the bridge away, and I look to both sides to see if any of the bridge has floated away, but I don't see anything.

I see that someone has laid some wooden planks across the small stream so that you can cross the water. It seems silly that someone would have put them there b/c you could have easily crossed the water by walking over it. I stare up at the embankment and it towers above me. It's at least 30 feet tall. I'm considering climbing the embankment. It's very muddy and I know that the chances of me slipping are very high. I continue to stare and consider climbing.

Suddenly another car pulls up and three or four guys, slightly younger than me, get out of the car. They are looking for the bridge too. For some reason, I know that they are on their way to a concert. I ask one of them, "are you going to try and climb up?"

He laughs and says "no way. besides, we wouldn't have a car on the other side." I instantly realize that he is right. Why didn't I think of that earlier? The dreams ends with me at work the next day asking others who take the same route about the bridge. Everyone else left earlier than me, and the bridge was there for them. The End.

My thoughts:
I suppose the dream has to do with work since that is where I'm coming from. Perhaps I'm wanting to acheive some things without thinking them through (climbing the embankment wihtout planning what happens afterwards)? Is there any significance to the rain, planks, and small body of water?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Bridge - not there

drshell,
I'll try this again since I had written an opinion about your dream and my cable carrier wiped it out.
The *@#*&%!@$^% dragon is up early this morning.

Perhaps you need to make some minor changes in how you approach achieving those goals you have set out to accomplish. New input or thinking {restaurants}.

You may be expecting new ways of approaching this task but the way forward is not yet there or yet clear {bridge}. There may be small obstructions in your waking life {most likely to do with work} that prevents this and may makes it seem as if it may not occur at all {bridge washing away}.

Since there is not the natural bridge {natural expectations not coming true} you may be trying to create ways around it. But indications from the dream is that this thing you need to cross or overcome is minor in its scope. But it seems they are much taller than they are and the way across is muddied.

The problem, and perhaps the solution, may involve masculine aspects. This may allude to your own masculine self, perhaps a need to be more assertive or forceful in some the ways you approach the situation. But it be alluding to actual waking experiences involving real men. The concert could symbolize a balance of the masculine/feminine aspects, or harmony and cooperation in your situation.

The assumptions you state in the last of your post seems to be what this dream is primarily addressing. There may be a need for everything and everyone to work together so to achieve the same goals. It may seem everything is conspiring against you but in my assessment of the dream it may be more a 'thinking' attitude that gets in the way as much as other people or circumstances.

Does this fit with your real life working situations?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard - sorry about the dragon the other day. I know that can be extremely frustrating!

I probably should have mentioned in the last post that I recently changed jobs about 3 weeks ago.
So my work/goal perspective are definitely in the mist of changing...for the better I think.

The new job allows me to leave earlier in the day, so I have started to take a different route on the way home to avoid traffic (the route in the dream). In the past I took this route all the time, but haven't in the past 1-2 years. In the dream, when seeing the new restaurants, I remember thinking that it was probably b/c I hadn't taken that route in a while, or at least not on a regular basis, which makes sense in waking life.

I think the concert was just a way for me to identify the ages of the guys who appeared. And I have a feeling that they are indicative of myself (at work) at that age (a few years ago).. being clear-headed, focused, forward thinking, ambitious.

Overall, I intuitively feel that this job is going to have a very strong influence in my career. To me, the sky is the limit (can be good and bad), and I have had new hopes that I can really make good impressions with some influential people (hopes/goals that I remember having a few years ago).. The dream is telling me that it's not time yet, and to not rush anything. The part of myself from a few years ago is reminding me to be more flexible in my thinking. (simply taking an alternate route, rather than climbing a tall slippery embankment).

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

dr shell,
There is at least one better interpreter of this dream than I could ever possibility hope to be. And that is you. The 'you' that is equipped with a Jungian knowledge of dreams and an intuitive ability to understand them. It is always useful to understand our dreams. Consciously we may overlook some important aspect about our lives. But unconsciously, and through our dreams, we are capable of 'seeing' all possibilities. That provides us with unequivocal powers that offer helping hands when confronting the social dragon. Gnosis is a great quality to possess.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard. I appreciate your input and encouraging words very much. I am truly grateful for this site and everyone's input.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present