www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    A Birthday - Well sort Of

It will be two years come January 4 2007 since I revived the Dream Forum at MDS. Although the Forum has been a part of the MDS website off and on for several years {Myths-Dreams-Symbols first went on line in July 1998}, this is the its longest and most successful run. And it is all due to the many contributions from the Forum contributors. Because it does take a lot of time and effort to properly address dreams, and since I am unable to give full time to doing that, it is the Forum contributors who have graciously given of themselves that has made the Forum the success that it is. Their compassionate attitude in interpreting dreams has provided many visitors with new insights, not only to the dream world but also in many instances to their own inner lives. I have witnessed first hand the positive results from these interactions. People looking for answers and in most cases find more than what they were looking for. That is saying a lot about a subject {dreams} that is so misunderstood, if not altogether ignored or looked upon with a contemptuous attitude.

But there is another aspect of the thanks I want to give to the wonderful people who contribute their energies to the Dream Forum. I personally believe we are breaking new ground in how to approach and interpretation dreams. By taking up the torch that Jung lite and by using his many insights to the dream, we at the Forum are blazing new paths into the dream world. One only need to read the posted dreams and their interpretations to realize, yes, Jung got it right. But a trained mind and a developed intuitive sense can also share the insights Jung discovered within himself. There is indeed a way to successfully read dreams. It is not perfect, people are all different, but it is in my mind the most logical and successful way to understanding dreams. I am often surprised at the successes we enjoy in providing the correct interpretation{s} to dreams. Or in the least, providing insights to a dream that let's the dreamer understand the message of the dream. Of all the methods used I am convinced the Jungian approach is the best correct way in approaching the dream world.

Thanks to all who contribute. As aspirers of the hero/heroine path we are a part of that new myth Joseph Campbell tells us we ourselves have to construct for the new millenium. It may not be the Mayflower but this flower is the blossoming, in a new age of understanding the human psyche. And we are a part of that adventure.

Jerry {alias Gerard}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A Birthday - Well sort Of

gerard, i feel that it is you who deserve thanks, for giving us a place to come, a watering hole for psychological and spiritual refreshment, i personally do not know how i would have faired, if not for the knowledge contained within mds, to me it is the lamp in the cave, long live mds. steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

stats from 7-14-10 to the present