Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Masked mother figure

Hi wondering if you had any thoughts on this dream; I was a child being breast fed by a large woman with dark skin wearing a mask.it was outside with lots of plants and the sky was stormy. i am not very close to my mother and i cant have children, do you think it is about that or the figure an aspect of my own personality? thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 scotland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Masked mother figure

Sandie,
The dream could very well be addressing both current personal aspects as well as deeper issues, most likely related to childhood experiences. The large woman with dark skin could symbolize your mother {breast feeding would representing nurturing, or lack of}. This would be a negative view or attitude toward her {as you state is the case in waking life}. The mask may be a desire to mask these emotions, maybe not {or maybe} to hide them but a desire to change them {seeking to fulfill the nurture aspect you never received}. She would be a shadow figure symbolizing the rejected aspects of those experiences in your life.

As for being an aspect of your current psychological self, since you do have these unresolved emotional conflicts, perhaps you are covering up possible deeper emotions and masking your pain. As a child the idea is to grow {plants] but the storming sky's {conflicts} prevent that, perhaps even today. Unresolved issues from childhood usually follow us through life, or until they are resolved.

There may be deeper issues from childhood that still remain unresolved. Not being able to have children may also have some relationship to the dream but that is not as clear. The plant and growth motif may be addressing that issue as well. I would examine closer the relationship with your mother and try to discover the issues that most are in conflict. There may be a need to resolve these issues before you can become that plant, and grow under 'sunny' skies.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: Masked mother figure

hi sandie,
sometimes dreams work on a personal level,and a collective one at the same time,
the figure could represent your personal mother relationship or be compensating for the lack of one,
but i also saw the collective version,
the mother figure being dark skinned,large breasted,could be the archetypal mother goddess of the world,in mythological motifs this is represented as ,isis with horus,mary with jesus etc,
you may already be on this trail,or are you being shown the trail?,
the mask is a well known personna symbol,
maybe in this case it represents, a face you have not seen before,ie an aspect you may find will nurture you if recognized within yourself,

i don't know if this is how it is or has been for you,
just food for thought.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present