Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Myth and Music

I found an interesting article while surfing the net that might resinant with some. The Danish composer Per Nørgård used myth in many of his articles. I've not read about such observations before but I can the see the relationship. The pinnacle of achieving hero status is based in the spiritual/creative aspect. The muse is creativity.

From Wikipedia: In Greek mythology, the Muses (Greek Μουσαι, Mousai: from the Proto-Indo-European root *men- "think", from which mind and mental are also derived ) are nine goddesses who embody the right evocation of myth, inspired through remembered and improvised song and traditional music and dances

Quote: 'Nørgård emphasises that a piece of music can express with great precision the flow of feelings and shifts of moods which we are all familiar with in our daily lives. In fact, in Nørgård's opinion, music expresses the nature of man so accurately that we could learn a lot about ourselves if we could find a way to conceptualise musical experiences'.

No matter what aspect of the muse, science, or nature we examine, we find the common threads in all. All things are related thus the common threads {Jung's archetypes?}.

To read more of the article: Mythology.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Myth and Music

Gerard,
Great article. Thank you. Music is an integral part of my creative aspect. I do not listen to music when interpreting dreams, studying, tasks that involve rational mind work as evocation of feeling and mood by music is too distracting. Yet when engaged in creative mode music is on.

After reading the article I examined past and current music choices and find mythic aspects of my life in thes music choices.

Interesting to see what everyone is listening to...anyone interested in posting your current listening list?

Two quotes by Ludwig van Beethoven:

"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life."

"Music: The one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend."

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present