www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    the number 4

hello,
    following the recent post by gerard on jung and the number 4, and some in depth follow ups,
    i had the following dream,
    i include it not so much for interpretation as i understand what it refers to,
    but open to comment,
    the dream,
    i watch as 4 reptilian type gods cut a male into 4 pieces
    i make my way into a square white room, (4 walls).
    from the roof hang 4 chains,in each chain there is a huge oval cut diamond,(again 4),
    i am with two other males and a female,4 of us,
    my function is to somehow retrieve the diamonds,
    i hit each one 4 times ,they pop out,
    the gods tell us,their value will be honoured,
    this value being £9000 each,
    one of the gods offers us a cheque for £150,000,because the diamonds may be fake,and worthless,
    i say no because i feel them to be real.
    he smiles,
    i realize in the dream this is a test to see if we are worthy for the challenge to come.
    i find myself in a queue ,i am 4 from the front,
    a female comes over to me,she is exactly four foot higher than me,i have to stand on a chair,four legs,
    i am waiting to collect the value of the diamonds,the counter i have to go to is no 4,
    my awareness in the dream was drawn in all cases to the number 4,

to say the no 4 is present is an understatement,
    i have never had a dream so bombarded with a number,

do you think its important!
    regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: the number 4

Steve,
    Again I see much symbolism one would see in dreams of a person who is traveling the hero path. The only conclusion I can see to the significance to the number 4 repreating itself in the dream is a possible realization of this wholeness. You may be at the 'threshold' of A major realization. Which threshold is the real question {Campbell's dictate; life is a series of trials and realizations}. Many of your recent dreams point to these possiblies. I am of the opinion that there is a universal 'threshold' for many of us about to take place. Your dreams may be fortelling {something dreams do not often do, although the universal mind is very capable} of your own coming experiences which would be a part of the 'universal' threshold. I believe 2007 will be an important year for us all, but even more important for those who are in tune with the natural forces within life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: the number 4

hi gerard,
    i agree with what you have said, although i don't fully understand what the future holds,
    my own initial findings on this dream again are shamanic in origin,the ritual dismemberment by ancient beings,the reptilian gods,and i even found a ref to the placing of crystals in the dismembered body,
    i have come across this same symbolism in most of the shamanic traditions,
    full of death and rebirth symbolism,and of course that no4,
    something is definately going on,
    steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present