Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving into dead Grandparents home (torn down)

I've had this dream 4 times now and it's always the same. I am cleaning out cupboards and closets in my Grandparents home so I can move my stuff in. I'm sorting their things by "keep" or "throw-away". The weird thing is that they have both passed and the house was torn down 20 years ago. Everything was sold to help pay for my Grandfather's Alzheimers care before he passed 5 years ago. The property that their house sat on is still part of my Mother's farm. What can this mean??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 Washington state

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Moving into dead Grandparents home (torn down)

hi,
the fact the dream is reccuring suggests unresolved issues,
the farm could be a metaphor for yourself,
as you stated,that an area of this property was still occupied ,
this suggested to me that an area of your own life is still domintated by maybe, the memories of the relationship with your grandparents or even your mother,as it was her place,
the clearing out of the cupboards would then suggest exactly that,
maybe its time to have a clear out, of things you are holding onto from this time in your life,that are impeding your progress somehow ,
you were in the process within the dream of reclaiming your space,does this suggest anything,
i hope this is of use,
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Moving into dead Grandparents home (torn down)

Kim,
Cleaning out cupboards and closets often represents cleaning out old emotional experiences accumulated over the years. These are places we put things away, out of sight. Often we forget, or even repress certain experiences but they are stored in the unconscious. Your Grandparents home may allude to experiences from that period of time. Or they may merely represent those 'old' experiences. At 39 you are at the beginning of the mid-life thing {sorry, but it is true}. This time of life often brings about reflecting on the past. 'Meaning' becomes important, why is your life the way it is?

You may want to revisit those years {20 years ago} to see if there are any remarkable experiences that need your attention. Plus you may want to look back to when these dreams started and see if there was a particular stimulus that brought them on. Have those earlier years been discussed or thought of prior to your dreams? What is it in the cupboards and closets that need to let out and examined? They may be happy events. More often they are traumatic experiences that have become a part of the building blocks that make up who you are and how you act as an adult.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present