Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Choking / Being Attacked

Hello all:

Last nights dream:

I’m at my parent’s house, and I find my old cat Bobo (black cat…died when I was 16) lying on the ground. For some reason, I know that he has eaten a piece of chocolate (the kind I have in my house right now) that has gotten stuck in his throat. I know that he will be ok in a few minutes b/c the chocolate will dissolve quickly. So I pick him up and place him on the kitchen table. I get a cup of water and a spoon, and begin to spoon some water into his mouth, thinking that this will help the chocolate dissolve faster. I know that he is scared, so I’m talking to him and trying to calm him. After a few sips of water, he begins to breathe differently and sits up. He is better.

Suddenly the cat transforms into a little girl…about 4? The girl is my ex-boyfriends daughter, who I have not seen in almost 3 years. I pick her up and am consoling her. Later we are playing Go-Fish (the card game) and laughing/having fun. I decide that it’s time to take a nap, so I carry her into my parent’s bedroom. I set her down on the bed and tell her that I have to go to the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom, and there are three men inside making repairs. I sit on the toilet, in front of the men (apparently this doesn’t bother me) and am just thinking (about what I’m not sure, but I’m very relaxed) and am taking my time.

Suddenly, one of the men points the shower nozzle at me and sprays water in my face. The three men (who had no personality at first) all laugh and have a very evil, sinister presence. One of them jerks me off the toilet, (but now I’m suddenly dressed), turns me around, and holds my arms so that I can’t escape. I’m screaming “please stop”, but they won’t let go. The other two continue to leer at me, and the one holding my arms begins to slowly tickle me (in a weird way) on my hip/stomach. I continue to yell louder, hoping that someone will come and open the bathroom door. I wake up before anything else happens. In the dream, I thought the men were going to rape me.

My thoughts:
Seeing the young girl in my dream reminded me of another dream I had a few years ago. After much thought, I have concluded that the girl represents the part of me as a child that felt unloved/neglected.

The choking represents repressed feelings; I helped the choking end faster, although it would have eventually have cleared itself. The bedroom symbolizes intimacy/privacy; this is something very private to me.

Bathroom/ toilet represents wanting to cleanse my old thoughts. Shower/water in face… is it just data dump from a movie I saw? Otherwise, not sure. Three men, with me make 4 people.

Assuming that I'm right about what the girl represents, I don't understand why the men would attack me? Why wouldn't my masculine/ego want to get rid of these thoughts?

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Choking / Being Attacked

drshell,
I'll give your dream a better look either later tonight or in the morning. Many things to do, too little time to do them.
Thanks,

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

drshell,
Your conclusions about this dream seem very plausible. You know better than anyone how these symbols fit into your waking life. Having Jungian insights reinforces those conclusions.

As for the men attacking you. This may be your animus. You may be attacking yourself over certain aspects of your life. It may also represent some emotional conflicts having to do with men. There may be something deeper, and still yet unacknowledged about this aspect. You may not have let all of your emotions out {someone will come and open the bathroom door}.

Is there something that you are still holding in that needs to be let out? You mention intimacy/privacy as being something very private to you. Could that coincide with the 'attempted' rape in your dream?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I think the men represent part of my animus b/c the part of me that the child represents, are things that still bother me and I choose to keep very private(hence the bedroom).

I realize that the dream (and previous dreams) may indicate a potential conflict with men, but I don't think this is the case, at least not any physical aggression.

However, if I thought that I had been the victim of female aggression or just had emotional conflicts with women, would this come through in my dreams as being attacked by females? Or does aggressive behavior come across as masculine regardless?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

drshell,
The female aggression you speak of could very well represent aggression against yourself. Getting angry or upset at yourself for things you do, or do not do, could translate into imagery in your dreams. Aggression is a masculine aspect but we all possess this quality. The victim may be yourself and the actions toward yourself depicted as masculine aggression {symbolically}.

Does this fit into your waking life?

Gerard

Hi

I have a feeling that you are right about the anger being at myself. But I know that I will have to think about this more, b/c it's not clear to me right now. One thought...I did have another dream about being in a restroom with more people around me, (no violence this time) and I wasn't able to go. These two dreams are probably related and have something to do with release, but I need more time to make the real connection. Thanks for all the input.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present