Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ESP - Is It Possible to Develope Such Skills?

I recently added an article from ThinkQuest on the subject of ESP {Extrasensory Perception}. I am not well versed in this subject and to be honest have many reservations about the possibilities of ordinary minds having this ability. I do believe there are those who do have special talents in this field, much like those I believe I possess when it comes to understanding dreams. Of course dream work is as much, if not much more, learned from informed sources {Jung} as it is intuitive. But both ultiamtely involve extra sensory abilities.

My question to all, and especially to those who may have some knowledge in this matter, can one develop such skills? Or are they merely a fringe benefit for those who do have the inherent abilities?

I ask this question because I have very recently experienced vibrations that may have been a precurser of future events. I had them prior to 9/11 and Katrina {I attempted to rationalize the Katrina event in posts at the Forum}. I did not know for sure what the vibrations were prior to 9/11 but Katrina was different. A few days ago I had this premonition, distinct in its forecast, derived from several separate visual sources within a very limited time frame. The first part of this premonition involved words for which I ultimately transcribed into San Francisco and Oakland. The next part involved the number 8. And a constant number that has been on my mind, and again in this same time frame, is the number 27. Does this mean anything or am I merely confused?

I was leaning toward confused until I learned this morning San Francisco had a 3.5 earthquake. Now I am really interested in the possibilities. I have had the number 27 on my antenna for some time now. I believe is has to do with the year 2007. But could it be something more, or nothing at all. San Francisco has earthquakes all the time so the ramblings they had recently {3 in the past several days} could be pure coincidence. Of course we also can think of Synchronicity but sychronized to what?

Inquiring minds need to know. Confused minds need to know more.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: ESP - Is It Possible to Develope Such Skills?

Hi Gerard

I have had a few dreams (and other experiences) that I would view as precognitive or at least not a coincidence. Although, nothing that I can align with any large-scale events. For me, there are distinct differences between these types of dreams compared to a dream that is about myself and my subconscious. So, this had led me to do a little reading on the subject.

I enjoyed this book b/c it was short, easy to read, and covered a lot of different topics. There are a lot of mental exercises that the author suggests that are supposed to help develop your intuition. The book also comes with a meditation CD. I haven't listed to the CD, so I don't know what's on it or how useful it is.

But the overall idea is that anyone can develop these abilities....mind over matter. Hope this helps.

Psychic Navigator: Empowering Your Inner Guidance
by John Holland

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present