www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    the revelation

hi all,
    i would welcome any comments on this dream,

i am walking down a hallway,as i arrive at a door,
    there is a blinding flash of white light,
    i manage at the same instant to photograph it.
    not expecting anything to have been caught,i am amazed to see 3 pictures,
    the first is of the spirit of a young boy,who is mouthing the word, scream.
    the 2nd is the spirit of a human like figure,
    made up of green matrix type code,
    the 3rd is of the light itself.

i am completley overjoyed as i realise, i have proof
    of the existance of the supernatural.

my dreams of late have i think been pointing to some sort of inner/outer realization,
    maybe this is a pointer to the content.
    or is it compensation for a long held desire ?.
    steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: the revelation

Steve,
    I suggest it is both. The long held desire we are sure of, it is an important part of your journey. It is your journey. The content is the code, the language of myth and dreams.

The 3 pictures. I don't know for sure what is taking place but this number has been a constant in many posts of late at the Dream Forum. The next number is 4. Wholeness. That is the picture you and I are seeking to frame. And the secret is in the code. Is that not what symbols represent in dreams, a code? The secret code of the soul?

I had a realization about the number 3 yesterday. And it explains part of my fixation on the number 27. I have thought for a long time now that the 27 is partly represented by the year 2007. But looking back I now realize it will be 27 years, come 2007, that I first began my journey. It was only the beginning and it was about physical discipline. I lost 40 pounds using exercise and a better diet. I was determined to change things in my life {primarily stimulated by what I believed was a failed love affair of the heart}. And although it would be another 15 years before I confronted the psychological issues that were the underpinning to most of my problems, it was the discovery of this disciplined self that openned doors to future realizations.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: the revelation

hi gerard,
    remember my no 12 bus,
    i did the same as yourself,12 yrs ago was when the unconscious really stirred into action,
    i found a significant dream exactly to the day from 12 yrs ago which was the pointer to what was to come,
    and only now has a sense about it,
    i am in a house that it floating in a vast sea,
    i go down into the basement,to my suprize the floor is missing,exposing me/house to the vast depth of the ocean,out of the gloom comes an orca who bashes into the side of the house and turns it upside down,exposing me now to the sun and sky.
    if you had not mentioned about your discovery of the 27 ref to years ,it might have taken me a bit longer to realize my own discovery,thanks for that,
    as you can probably ascertain this dream was definatly the precursor for the journey i am now on.
    absolutly amazing.
    regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Steve,
    Very interesting dream. An Orca coming to the rescue. Your dreams tend to border on archetypal imagery if not a direct association. I believe that is a great indication that your journey is progressing as it should. It also makes interpretation of your dreams a lot easier to understand.

As for the numbers {co-incidence that your bus is number 12=3}. It was all the posts with the numbers 3 & 4 that got me to thinking about my first experience with the major changes in my life. Of course as you probably know I have a fixation on the number 9 and more recently the number 27. When I took a deeper look at the possibilities I realized that will be 27 years this year {2007} that I first began to make real changes in my life. It was a precursor to deeper realization that were to come psychologically. I lost 40 lbs, a response to how I was beginning to look physically {I had ballooned to up 200 lbs} and to perceived failed relationship that I originally believed was one for the heart {which was in fact a result of my own psychological insecurities}.

Maybe it is just me but I do believe there is something major about to take place in 2007. I don't know if it is strictly personal or a universal event. If it has the pattern we see in dreams it could be both. We will see.

A footnote to the changes I made in 1979. Physical fitness has been a part of my lifestyle ever since. During those times prior to discovering Jung and Campbell it was those many workouts that kept me grounded. And now, at age 56, I am seeing the benefits. I do not have those physical ailments many boomers are experiencing. Pay me now, or pay me later. At least there was one wise decision among all the wrong ones I can look to and say was positive. The body is the temple.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Steve it seems to me you have been searching for an answer to something, in your dreams you have recieved the answer 3 times. Maybe since they are ghosts, lights, or unconvenional, your subconcious is telling you to look deeper. the answers you are looking for is there, screaming at you, you just have to get in the right perpective mind to understand it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48/Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present