Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the hideous damsel.

hi,
for those who may not be familiar with the hideous damsel from the grail myth,i will give this abridged version,as a ref to my dream,

parsifal is in the process of having his glorious ego celebrated,when in burst a hideous damsel,
she points her finger ay him and reminds him of all his failings,namely being in the presence of the grail and not realizing it,
his ego is totally deflated,head bowed he leaves and goes back into the forest.
robert a johnson ,a jungian, used this ref in his book,HE,for the mid life process of the male ,introspection etc.

MY DREAM.
i am in a great hall ,medieval banquet going on,
i am an invisible observer ,
on the top table is a male who seems to be the celebratee,he is bragging of his deeds and power,
in bursts a female,she says something to him to be-little him,he bows his head in shame,she lifts up her blue top and flashes her breasts and everyone bursts out laughing,this response was actually to the be-littlement of the deflated ego presence.
she turns and flashes her breasts at me,
but she winks,
(no doubt the flashing of breasts is a ref to ,boobs, ie mistakes,)
the hideous damsel,kundry,in the grail myth,is the grail messenger,and as in most myths,
she is an aspect of the one (feminine)wrathful or peaceful,beautiful/hideous,as she also bears the grail in the procession as a beautiful maiden,
this is obviously comparitive with the different aspects or moods of the anima .
i am deep in mid life and i have been visited by the hideous damsel,although she is not hideous to me,as the dream shows,she is beautiful.

does this suggest that i have accepted my failings and am open to something greater than myself ?,

i was reminded on looking into this dream about gerards experience with the goddess kali,which again is an aspect of the feminine,but in her more frightening form,(a ref to the hideous damsel again ?,}
any comments.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

Re: the hideous damsel.

Steve,
I am reminded of Joseph Campbell's words, "If you think you are it, you are not it." Just when the masculine begins to think it is 'it', the feminine exerts her powers and the masculine is subdued. As it should be.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: the hideous damsel.

gerard,
i hope campbells words, if they refer to my dream,
are on about past events otherwise, i have missed something to my peril,

steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yep

How refreshing to see two men with such a mature insight into things, as it seems there are many men ( and women too) who carry on simply indulging in their ego and believing that there are 'it'.
As you said in another post, Joseph Campbell said
"once you think u are 'it' you are not' -
maybe enduring uncertainty is the true human condition - or a fluctuation of this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Steve,
I mentioned Campbell's words only to remind all of us that when we discover the valuable inner assets and begin to utilize them in our waking life, we must never let the ego take back any space it once controlled. Once we do accept our failings, realize it is an ego thing first, then there is no turning back. The feminine has become the controlling agent in our lives and the masculine submissive. But the ego will not go willingly and will constantly present itself as an alternative to the difficult task of staying the path. It will even use the feminine if it can {flashing boobs?}. In Campbell's story of Percival the last temptation to overcome was sex. And it took more than one try before he got it right. And since sex is such a strong physical aspect we all possess, it is not surprising Percival {Parsifal} had trouble overcoming this strong desire.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present