Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
finding other's real selves - testing - projection?

I apologise in advance as this is not strictly to do with dreams - but is to do with the Jungian idea of projection.

Why with some people, if you disagree with them or
express your doubts about them,or a situation between you, do they turn 'nasty' and extreme and 'curse' you ( his words not mine lol)etc etc - can we not as mature personalities - male or female - 'agree to disagree'?
I tend to go with my instinct and also usually end up revealing or saying the truth, perhaps maybe where others would be more tactful and just agree with that person to 'keep in with them'?
Is this the only truth then, with someone who cannot accept anything other than themselves (ego?)that you either are 'with' them or 'against them'?

Or do I just 'test' people ( men in particular) until they reveal what seems to me their 'real self' - their dark side?

Is it the 'real situation' or projection from one, both of us?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: finding other's real selves - testing - projection?

Hi Claire,

How are you?

It seems to me that all of our rational minds ever know of reality is our own projection of "it".

But I also think that we EXPERIENCE "true" reality through those projections. Every thought, feeling, emotion, sensation etc. we have is a pointer to an "unknowable" reality beyond (and within too). I am sure that's all we have "in this life" - do you agree? Btw that's so much that I can't describe it!

Some people run aground by forgetting to draw a distinction between reality and the picture of it in our rational minds (i.e. our projection). And some become very attached to their projections (e.g. religious fundamentalists, who exist in every religious tradition).

Such people can become very defensive when their paradigms are threatened, as you know! :-)

We can surely agree to disagree, but there are some things (ourselves, ultimate reality) about which there is NOTHING we can say for which the opposite is not also true in some sense.

It seems to me that the problems start when we "define" ourselves as separate from the universe, and separate from the objects of our perception. But in some sense, this distinction between subject and object is valid too, of course!

Very sorry if this doesn't help but I'll be glad to try again...

Jim
:-)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, Nashville, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

As a college goer, I tend to find that adults act very childish some times. People want to be right, its only natural, and some people deal with being wrong in different ways to others.
xxx

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 surrey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

That's very true Nathalie - and of course as we know that we tell ourselves that we are not like that - and then continue to react in different ways to different people and so it goes on lol...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 Uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present