Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wanted to buy speedex garden tractors

I am wanting to buy speedex garden tractor this would be my first speedex i did not know much about them even though they are made in my state of ohio. i am looking for the riding tractor type and walk behind tractors. in poor to fair condition. also wanting manuals on them. literature and advertising . thank you . dave

Re: wanted to buy speedex garden tractors

Welcome aboard. You are in the right place. Lots of people here know all about the history, mechanics and folk lore of these great little tractors. I am a fan of the larger frame tractors like the 1430, 1630 and 1631. The old round hood S24s look pretty cool too. All fixed up, they are the envy of all your plastic hood hydro drive neighbors. If you are good with basic rusty bolt busted knuckles kind of repairs, you won't have any trouble fixing up a Speedex. Can't speak to the walk behinds, but I would guess they are the same. Good simple engineering that you can fix yourself. I thought about getting a Power King before I decided on a Speedex. So much easier to repair and you can get a lot of the parts at the local car parts store. I think I like red better than orange anyway. Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

okay brent i had found a couple . on the yahoo groups . on speedex garden tractor groups that im a member of. one s 19. and one s 24. trying to get pictures of them and work out the details. sence they are not in my state where they were made i will keep you up dated thanks dave.

Good luck Dave , watch E-Bay also . Lots of action going on there. Just type in Speedex Tractors

Instant Messenger: Watch E-Bay Too

BEWARE...Think Again..You may never find parts for these tractors. I can not find a simple part for...YEARS...and no one can help.Are you sure this is what you really want?

john . i have collected several different garden tractors. over the years . and have looked for parts for them the ones i could not find parts for i gave up and sold them. but i think that with certain mopdels . of speedex garden tractors. i dont think i will have a problem finding parts. john can i ask what parts are you looking for . on a speedex garden tractor. a riding tractor or walk behind thanks dave .

Dave,the part that we need is a toolbar weldment part#100-7001 category 0. my dad has an old sears with a manual plow lift.Due to his age he has trouble using this old tractor. We found a 1832 speedex tractor with a hydraulic plow lift so he could do what he loves to do, work in the garden. Purchased a plow from trans-tech.we need this toolbar so we can hook the plow to. then mount it to the hydraulic arms on the tractor. the 1632 uses the same system. if someone would lend us theirs,or sell, i could make one. we drove over 300 miles last weekend because someone "had one", but it turned out to be the wrong part, even though i sent pictures. He said he would trade his mower for one... Thanks for asking. I know someone will help a 70 year old man and his son... some day. Times have surely changed. Thanks Again Pap and i.

john when i go next month to buy my s 14. and s 17. the man has some other speedex parts for sale for other speedex garden tractors. i will see what he has in that category . but it will be about 3 to 5. weeks before i go up by where im getting these tractors at. i dont like to go buy and look at things when im outside. and it is cold so i am waiting on warmer weather. if you can wait that long i will see what i can do . dave

Dave any luck finding us a toolbar? Still looking.

not yet still looking for a tool bar. i havent gotten a chance to go up to eastern ohio to see what the guy has for sale for speedex garden tractors he does not wanmt me to come up untill the weather gets nicer . but i am still keeping you in mind though. dave

Thanks,Dave,keep us in mind and I'll let you know if I find one.

i have a speedex with a ton of atachments.
but in in rochester ny.

John, I have sent a working drawing of the Model 1631-32 Tool Bar for you in yur e-mail . Hopefully you can get one made locally to you. Good Luck Mike

I just posted a 1430 up for sale on classified here in the site. If anyone is still looking for one. I am in Magee Mississippi.

Instant Messenger: Facebook