Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Removing front wheels

How can I remove the front wheels from an S14. There is a metal cap on the axle, I hate to grab it with channel locks. It it threaded on, left or right threads, both, one way or like what?

Re: Removing front wheels

Its just a cap that just basically fits on there. i just used channel locks on mine and twisted it back and forth underneat that there's a cotter pin holding it on.

Re: Removing front wheels

Thanks. I did the same thing. Boogered them up but smoothed them out with a Dremel tool. Repainting covered 98% on the marks. I am re-restoring an S14. Front wheels were badly rusted out around the valve stem opening so needed to be welded and gound down, new 3 rib tires too.