Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what is the best way to remove the v-belt starter pulley from a 9hp engine?

what is the best way to remove the v-belt starter pulley from a 9hp engine? I have one but ended up breaking it into several pieces. I was lucky to find one for sale. But for next time does anyone have tips or a speciasl tool to remove this. Thanks digger

Re: what is the best way to remove the v-belt starter pulley from a 9hp engine?

That pulley is held on by two 5/16 bolts. After the bolts are removed, soak the shaft with PB blaster and try to bump the pulley sideways so that it will turn in circles. Once it starts to turn, you should be able to twist it back and forth and pull it off.

Re: what is the best way to remove the v-belt starter pulley from a 9hp engine?

thanks, after breaking the first one that seemed to be the way to remove the remaining piece on the shaft, Digger