Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
s-24 front end

I'm trying to bring an old s-24 back to life.I had to pull the spindles off because the grease had hardened up and it was hard to turn.Upon putting it back together i have noticed play up and down.I have checked all bushing they are ok was just wondering if the up and down play was normal,and if not how to fix it.Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: s-24 front end

You can get rid of the play by loosening the tie rod piece on the top of the spindle and tapping it down tight or take it apart and put a large washer on the bottom.

Re: s-24 front end

thanks ron i'll give it a try got it almost painted finish motor work next week then put a pipe in it as soon as i get some fresh rubber for rear i'm gonna post some pics anymore questions i'll post thanks again