Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine pulley source? 1630

Need 4&5 inch (1"bore) double pulley for 1630
Source?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Engine pulley source? 1630

I don't know where you are, but Glen's surplus in Shelby Ohio will have them and I believe that you can find them on line. If you live close by, a visit there is worth the trip.

Glen's surplus in Shelby Ohio does not have it.

Did you ask about two singles? A 4" and a 5".

I was at Glen's yesterday and they do have single 4 and 5 inch pulleys. They are cast iron and not cheap, but they are there. Ron

OK .. use 2 singles!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch .... I hammered the old one back into usable shape. Was mowing just fine with 2 new blades and belt when a clang and the only 1 blade was cutting. Stopped engine and checked if pins were sheared on blade. Wow! No blade, no shaft, just a hole where shaft should be! Retraced my path and found blade still attached to shaft with ball bearing all covered in dirt! Looks like the snap ring broke.