Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
S-24 parts

Hi i am looking to buy a lift handle and the lift lever for my hitch. I would also like to buy the front steer bar that is across the front tires. My Email: Jeremybarnett1984@yahoo.com thanks!

Re: S-24 parts

Must have some miles on her if you have worn out the steering stop. If you don't have someone to weld a new stop rod on you can still make the front steering link pretty cheap. Get a piece of flat steel bar, I think it was 1/4" or 3/8" thick and copy the existing link. To make the "stop", that little piece of round rod that wore off of your link, to control steering travel I cut a short piece of flat stock about 3" - 4" long. Cut the one end of this piece off at about 30 - 45 degree angle fitting it to the tractor as you go, drill two matching holes through the link and the stop and bolt them together with grade 8 hardware. The grade 8 bolts won't shear off. Use nylon insert locknuts so they can't come loose.