Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
speedex s 17

Hi i just bought a speedex s 17 2 speed and the chain drive on it slaps when moving it ,is there a way i can adjust it so that it is tighter?

Re: speedex s 17

Logan,
I believe that you are referring to the chain slapping the chain guard between thr trans and rear axel! There is probably a lot of wear on the drive train. The trans has a couple of bolts thru a plate on the bottom of the frame that can be loosened to move the trans forward to tighten the chain.The belt would then have to be tightened thru the rod between the brake and the engine. The spockets must have a lot of wear also. If there is too much wear on the chain, it could also be replaced. Try to tighten every thing a little bit and see what happens.
Hope that this helps. Ron

Re: speedex s 17

Ron
thanks for the help with the chain tenshiner i tried it and got it to wostop slapping.