Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedex S17 questions

I recently aquired a Speedex S17 tractor in complete, original running condition. Tractor is a 1968. I have a few questions regarding this tractor.

1. The front grill is missing. I assume expanded metal is what to use to replace it? Anyone have a close up picture of this grill so I can fabricate it correctly? An inside the hood shot would be great.

2. What shades of red and gold are a good match? I am only set up to use spray cans so please keep that in mind.

3. Does anyone have some good close up pictures of how the choke cable is attached? mine came without one and I can't see any good way to attach it unless I am missing a piece.

4. Anyone know where I can get an operators manual for this tractor?

5. My tractor has an unusual feature. The decal on the belt guard is quite large. Every source I go to for decals offer a 6" long decal for the belt guard. My decal is 15" long. I'll post a picture of it later. Anyone ever come across a decal like that? Anyone know who might sell one?

Thanks.

Re: Speedex S17 questions

Hello, and thank you for using thie post section of the site.
1.) Expanded metal for the grill is correct, I will send a ref photo to your email
2.) I mostly like the TSC Massie Ferguson Red my self ( I think it matches the original very closely) with either John Deer yellow or the Cub Cadet yellow.
3.) I expect the choke cable will be on the hood photo .
4.) there is an operator manual that also includes the s18 and s24 check the manuals on the site.Ocassionally one showes oup on e-bay which has been phot0 copied, usely around $15 $20 dollars
5.)I also had the 15" decal on my S24 and I have reproduced it with vinyl cut mat'l for that size. cost is approx. $ 25.50
5.)

Instant Messenger: S17 some answers