Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Odd Speedex Model need decals

Hi, new guy here and new to Speedex. Seems I have an odd transistional tractor, between speedex and Strongland models. Supposed to be a 2031, but most say not such a model? Just the way it was labeled when I bought it. Made in Ravenna or close an Ohio town. I have found speedex decals but only ones with Speedex in white and kind of Script like. Mine is in a yellow rectangle, block letters and white line around outside. My model 2031 is just vynil cut-out shape in black, no background. The others with shifting and dash controls all seem to be same as available. Is there a source for my different ones? I'm told Mike Hamper has decals, hope he sees this and can help out. I can send pix of tractor as it was with decals I need. Otherwise, I will be getting the standard ones and just making do.

Re: Odd Speedex Model need decals

Hello G.L.Perry, I just read your posting on my web-site and will give you a quick run down on the tractor model you have.

The Speedex Model 2031 was part of the new series of Speedex tractors produced for a short time by Trans Tech International LLc of Bolivar, Ohio. This was NOT a Strongland transition tractor, but a New Series of Speedex Tractors.

I was privileged to be the person who did the designing and graphics for the new series of tractors. In the decal designs I carried forward the well known color scheme use by the early ( 1960’s ) S-Series tractors. I modified the designs by giving them a more contemporary modern look, while also incorporating some of the looks of the 70’s & 80’s Speedex word designs. We all were pleased with the New Look, sadly, however the tractor production did not last long and ended in late 1999. Enclosed is a Flyer sheet from that time. I did quite a few prototype decals for the initial tractor production. I am able to re-produce them, but I have not had the requirement for them since early 1999. I would have to maybe re-create or find in my archives. The large decal on the hood sides was layered vinyl cut material and was not ever printed. In actuality I did not do any real production decals because of the small number of tractors actually made.

I had followed the early posting for the selling of your tractor for some time wishing I could add it to my collection in the barn but the price was out of my reach at that time. I am pleased that someone has it, and is interested in it’s preservation. I have collected the available photos you posted on the other site and I was waiting my time to request from you for the posting them on my site. New perhaps, better photos would be great for posting, before and after. I always encourage fellows to take lots of before photos as the details of construction always show up better then after fresh new paint is applied which causes details to sort of blend together in photos…. We will talk again , For now Mike Hamper

Instant Messenger: Model 2031 really a Speedex

Re: Odd Speedex Model need decals

try texas hunter decals

Instant Messenger: 7249542314