Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
S24 diffy oil????

I need a lil info on the weight of rear end oil and the amount to refill please for an S24, Thank you.

Re: S24 diffy oil????

Use some 90 weight and make sure that the fill hole is open. Fill until it runs out of the hole.

In my experience there is a fill plug at the top of the differential case. But also look for a sight plug about 4 inches from the bottom of the differential case. I use SAE 50 weight engine oil. I fill until the lube runs out the lower sight plug, otherwise, by overfilling, your asking for lube to run out past the axle rubber o-ring seals. And I also wonder if the sulfer base SAE 90 gear oil is compatible with the bronze oil-lite axle bearings in the axle tube.

What did you find out? I just tore done my s23 and am machining delrin to replace the worn out bearings for the left rear hub. Mine had a great deal of grease in there but smelled of gear oil as well.