Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Speedex Need Help

All:

Picked up a 1600 series Speedex yesterday. I have been looking for a larger tractor and originally wanted a Wheel Horse D-series being that I have experience with a 1967 1067 and a 1986 310-8. However, came across this Speedex and since it was made by a Pond brother, I figured I'm not stepping outside into like Cub Cadet or Simplicity territory :)
However, I do ask for assistance as I get into this unit. Seeing that there is a re-paint, can someone tell me where both the B&S model number is and also the tractor serial number is located? I believe it may be a 1632, but it was sold as a 1630. 1970 vintage?

I'm from the Akron area and I was also wondering if there is a local Speedex club. I see many local owners on the picture page, and since one of the reasons I bought this is because it was made in Ravenna Ohio, I'd like to see if folks around here have a local club.

I figure I will have many questions until I get a feel of this tractor (and there are some problems that need fixing right off), and I look forward to participating in the Speedex community.

Thanks!

Tom

Re: New Speedex Need Help

The 1632 model had 12" front wheels and the 1630 had 8" front wheels. That would be a good stsrting point. The tractor serial number i believe is on the left frame rail about midway. The Engine model code and type number is on the top of the air sheild to the left of the spark plug. I'm sure that someone else can give you more info about the differance between the 1631 and the 1632.
There is a lot of information on this web site if you would care to member!!

Re: New Speedex Need Help

Ron:

Thanks for the heads-up on the serial numbers. I found out my 1632 is actually a 1980, not a 1970!

And I have put the check in the mail to Mike Hamper. I look forward to being recognized as a member very soon!

Tom

ps: I have a LOT of questions on this new tractor. Hope the members won't get tired of my inquiries.