Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedex Model 820 info anyone?

I recently bought a Speedex Model 820 without an engine and missing a few parts. It has the 2 speed trans, engine clutch, and has a squared hood and fenders. I was wondering if anyone could give me a year, and any other information available. I contacted the Speedex Info. site a few weeks ago about it but got no answer. Thanks.

Re: Speedex Model 820 info anyone?

Hello Dane, I will give you some general information on the Model 820. This tractor had a 8HP Briggs engine, and was a follow up tractor to the S17 Round Hooded tractor having the same frame, but with the Flat Hood and fenders. The first reference I have to them on a Speedex Price sheet is 1975 at $ 765.00 and came with pull start or eletric. You might find a serial # stamped on the frame rail under the engine output pulley. I you find it please send that to me and we will try to figure out the year for you...Mike

Instant Messenger: Model 820

Re: Speedex Model 820 info anyone?

Just a little more background on the Model 820 I meant to include in the first reply.
This tractor had a 8HP Briggs engine, and was a follow up tractor to the S17 Round Hooded tractor 8HP and the S17 tractor was a follow up to the S14 tractor 5-3/4 hp. The Model 820 has the same frame as the S17, but with the Flat Hood and fenders. The S17 tractor had a 4” longer wheel base then the S14 tractor . With the exception of the frame, front axle, and the tie rod lengths all other parts are interchangeable. The fender bracket weldment and the addition of the hood pivot supports on the frame are the only difference between the new and old style sheet metal covering. The first reference I have to the Model 820 on a Speedex Price sheet is 1975 at $ 765.00 and came with pull start or electric. …Mike

Instant Messenger: Model 820