Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steel wheeled Speedex?

Found at show a speedex rusty rig that had steel wheels. Real crude early model, with sliding engine, that was stuckwith rust, wrong BS engine on it, had that simple gear box, just forward and reverse? Rear wheels almost looked homemade but had 5 spokes, so maybe not. Fronts kinda small, could have been from old cart? Thought I heard of a steel wheel offered, so just asking. They wan't $200 for it. Should I buy it? Has that same early curved top hood with grill on front, but kinda rusty on bottom. Gear box and rear seems to be oiled and rolling, rest froze up. Had rear lift with the big leveer on left. Have pix, not sure how/where to put here. I'll look and see if I can post them. Be under GLGrumpys finds.

Re: Steel wheeled Speedex?

Sounds like a round hood S-23 or S-24 with home made rears.
I don't think that Speedex ever made those. Could be a good parts tractor if the motor will run. I probably would not buy it.
Just my thoughts!!
Ron