Speedex Tractor Forum

Welcome Friends!! Feel free to post your Speedex Tractor related questions and answers here. I will also post site news and information about additions to the site. Use this forum for questions, answers, or modifications you have made to your Speedex, Restoration tips and tricks, anything Speedex..If you have any information or personal knowledge on an asked question , Please volunteer your answer to the asking person...Don't hold back ..you can do it ....thanks Mike Hamper 

Speedex Tractor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
S-23

I have an S-23 that I am in the process of rebuilding and restoring. Anyone able to explain how the front end slides in and out and why? Seems like mine is stuck out now and it will only go straight? Any manual on this baby would be great!

Thanks, Jeff

Re: S-23

Just looking for someone to help me out with the function of the front end operation of this tractor.

I'm not sure that I understand your question. What I always liked about Speedex tractors was that I could probably fix about anything that failed if I took it apart and cleaned it up and or replaced the worn parts. The front axel pivets on a shaft so that the wheels can follow the ground as it is traveling. The king pins have to be loose to be able to turn and the steering shaft has to be loose also. All of these have a zirk fitting to be able to grease them. If they are frozen in place, you will have to get them apart with some penetrating oil or heat. Then check for worn pieces and replace as nessesary. Keep them lubed and they will last a long time.
Let us know what you find.
Good luck
Ron

Thanks Ron I have it figured out! My front end was tending to stay out because the "spring" on it is broken keeping it from returning itself back! So when it is out, they will not steer and only go straight! Great for plowing a straight row though! So, I will be replacing that and thank you for your help! I have completely restored/rebuilt this along with the motor and thatwas a piece that I did not need to replace till now!

Thanks,

Jeff