LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system

Our present day political system is inherited from the Romans. LORD's political system is described in Judges, Old Testament. The present day system cannot dispense justice promptly, and suffers many shortcomings. I hope we will discuss various aspects of LORD's system (Vs. Roman's system) and the feasibility of its implementation. But any topics of interests to Christians are also welcome.

LORD's political system Vs. Roman's system
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
A letter I sent to someone on my view on Book of Mormon

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Say, if someone in an Confucius Organization practised polygamy, and married many wives, would that make Confucius' Analect false ?

Book of Mormon were written by Israelites who emigrated to America. It was NOT written by Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormon Church.

You must have read the Bible several times, so I assume that you know the history of Israel.

The Israelites in the time of Jeremiah did many wrongs, and LORD GOD repeatedly warned them to repent, through the words of prophet Jeremiah, ...., or else they would be destroyed.

Unfortunately, the Israelites would not repent, nor listened to the words of LORD not to resist Nebuchadnezzar, therefore LORD intended to destroy Jerusalem, through Nebuchadnezzar.

However, there was a highly godly man in Jerusalem, Lehi. Lehi was a very godly man, and he attempted repeatedly to plead to the Israelites that they repent, but they listened to him not.

Just a few years before LORD GOD destroyed Jerusalem, LORD GOD told Lehi to flee from Jerusalem. Lehi obeyed, and fled to Arabia Peninsula, with his family and with the family of one of his friends.

When Lehi fled, his sons brought the holy books, their genealogy with them. And the sacred books in that time were written on GOLD PLATES using hieroglyphs of old.

Lehi wandered in Arabia Peninsula for 8 years, and at last, LORD GOD told them to make a ship, and they sailed to America. All these happened around 600 B.C. (600 B.C. is the year they left Jerusalem).

They established the Maya kingdom in America.

The sons of Lehi, as well as other godly men, recorded down their history on gold/brass plates, again using hieroglyph.

However, unfortunately, the sons of Lehi were in enmity with one another, and in around 420 A.D., one branch (the present day American Indians) totally destroyed the other branch, the Mayans.

Therefore the Mayans had a short history 600 B.C. to 420 A.D.

The last Mayan in possession of the holy records, Moroni, buried their records for fear of being destroyed by the American Indians in around 420 A.D.

Through the years, the American Indians became totally wild, and so they were cut down by the Westerners.

I have read the Book of Mormon many times.

I do not refrain from reading other books. I use the Bible as plummet -- if a book agrees with the teachings of LORD and Jesus in the Bible, I accept. If a book does not agree with the teachings of LORD and of Jesus, I reject.

I do not find any devilish teachings in the Book of Mormon.

However, Joseph Smith, the person whom LORD GOD directed to uncover the gold/brass plates, and translated (through the hand of GOD) into the English Book of Mormon, fell at some stage.

He was beguiled by devilish spirits, and he wrote a book, called "Doctrine and Covenants", claiming to be words of GOD through him. That book is devilish. But the Book of Mormon is not.

Therefore it is my sincere wish that you read the Book of Mormon, and FORM YOUR OWN OPINION.

In a previous email, you said that you have not read it. Yet you take it as one of the witchcraft, devilish books, based on conclusions formed by others.

If after reading the Book of Mormon yourself (you should at least read a few pages, or even 1 small book within the Book of Mormon, which has many small books just as the Bible has), and you think it is false, then you write me no more.

Lastly my advice -- even if all the people say something, and WITH YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT, YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY, you should stick to your own. Did not Elijah stand apart from all the Israelites ?

Wu Siu Yan

---------

Book of Nephi (the first small book inside Book of Mormon, which has many small books like that of the Bible)
http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/nephiA.htm

Book of Mormon download from Gutenberg Project
http://www.promo.net/pg