Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few days after my birthday

I am in my house, in the livingroom, when the bell rings. I go to the door and open it. A co-worker is standing there. She is there, still for my birthday, which was (only in the dream) already a few days ago. I let her in and she takes place on the sofa. I am a little surprised by her visit. I remember she's a person who brings everyone a visit for their birthday. But she not really my friend, so i'd rather didn't have her here. We chat a little (out of politeness) and i ask her if she would like a piece of cake. I then open the refrigerator to get her some. At this point my mother is also in the kitchen, standing behind me. I look at the different left-over pieces and then want to offer my co-worker a piece of the cream-pie. But after having done some thinking i decide the cake will probably not that fresh anymore. I tell her i have to go to the bakery to get some fresh cake. While telling her this a friend (real) of mine is sitting next to the co-worker. I see this friend, though she's not really there. The co-worker will really be alone.
While leaving for the bakery i study the houses. I seem to just have moved into this house and have to do this study so i will be able to find my house when i get back. Then i'm in the bakery. I realise it's almost closing-time and there won't be that much difference in pies. A woman appears behind the counter and i start thinking about what i want. At that point my parents are standing behind me. I decide to buy some more so i can have my parents over for coffee and pie. I tell the woman which pies i want and decide to take some other too...these are strawberry-cakes. While at first after i counting i thought i needed 6 pieces, i end up with buying 8 pieces, knowing that i'm doing no different than normal...buying more then i need., wanting to be fully prepared.
Then i head back home. I enter a large warehouse, through which my way home seems to lead. The way leads upwards and i can choose between about 3 different staircases. I stand still before them for a short time to see which one is the quickest for me. I take the one with almost no people on it, but once on it all 3 are full with people and i know there is no difference. At the end of the 3 of the stairs there's a mass of people. I notice that something has changed here recently. Normally people just were free to walk into the warehouse, but now there are checkpoints. I decide to take the one on the right. For a short while i think this could be the wrong one, because since there are 2 checkpoints here this one the right is maybe the one for people wanting to get out of the warehouse. But coming closer i see i can use it. To pass the checkpoint i have to pay 1 euro, so i take out my wallet and search for a euro. I have enough money with me but find only one piece that's 1 euro, so i use this one. I pass the checkpoint and as i watch the direction i have to go i notice more checkpoints. When i am close to the next one, wanting to get my wallet i discover my wallet is gone. I walk back through the mass and find it somewhere on the ground. I try to make my way to next point again, but now i discover i lost my jacket, which i had hanging over my left arm...bag on my right shoulder, wallet in my left hand. I walk back again and find my jacket on the ground. Then again in line for the next checkpoint. It seems like someone else here gave me a one euro piece.
The strange road home just goes on with checkpoints all the way. I seem to have lost my wallet and jacket several times but found them back too.
Then at the last checkpoint i'm going through my wallet again. I see large, golden pieces of 2 and 5 euro. I'm not sure if i can pay with these. I got them back as change in a foreign country while on vacation. Meanwhile i also feel guilty of leaving my co-worker all by herself in my house, realising my way home is not at all at an end yet. Then it's my turn to cross the checkpoint. I tell the person working there that i don't have a one euro piece. I go through my paper money and take out some very colourfull pieces. I ask if i can pay with these, though knowing this is not the official money in this country. The man says i can't pay with it. I tell him that i got it in another country and that people from that country had told me that this was going to be the official money in my country too in the future. (in the dream this was a real remembrance, but only in the dream) I then try it with the large golden coins, but the man also doesn't accept these. Finally i pass the checkpoint...i think he just let me pass, but i am not sure.
I then, though having moved upwards in the large warehouse, am outside on the normal/ground level. I look around to see if i know where my house is, but i am not sure. An unknown woman sees me searching and helps me by pointing me the right way. I thank her. But i still am not home yet. I know it's somewhere after the next corner. Once there my parents are walking with me. I see a building which i know belongs to the building i live in. I enter it, my parents following me. There are a lot of people inside who tell me i am wrong here. Before leaving here i see a bath in the hallway. In the bath there's blankets. While i go outside i hear my father calling and look over my shoulder. As i could have known i see my father standing at the bath, acting as if he wants to use it for a bed. He laughs and makes me laugh about it. I could have known he was going to do this...knowing him for his joking around.
We walk around the building and while walking we hear gunshots not far behind us. It doesn't scare me. I know this is a neighbourhood where this can be expected. In the dream it makes me think of the gunshots i had heard in my vacation (also in real life). But i know it might scare my mother and how she will be thinking that this is not the right neighbourhood for me. But she doesn't say anything, neither do i.
Then i see several pictures of the 'coming weather' behind glass in the wall of the building. It's like a weatherforecast. Seeing these pictures i know that i am close to home now and at the next entrance we enter the building. All the way home i also was thinking about the co-worker...mostly feeling guilty.

I now remember that, before leaving for the bakery, i had looked around in my bedroom to see if everything was tidy enough. I hoped that the co-worker wasn't going to snoop around, but realised this was possible.

And while at the bakery i saw another co-worker. She was working in the bakery. I told her about our co-worker who had visited me for my birthday, though my birthday had been days ago. This co-worker answers: "O yes, that's really her to do that." I ask the co-worker how she's doing, knowing she had been in pain for a while. She answers that she's feeling better and compares her pain-situation with that of yet another co-worker. I understand what she means.

Hmm, long dream...feels like a mess...but maybe this shows how my thinking is almost all the time..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: A few days after my birthday

Mask,
I apologize for not addressing your recent dream posts. I hope others will help in these needed interpretations. If not if you would provide your own assessment of the dreams that would be of great value to others who read your dreams and have a curiosity to what they mean. I am wanting to provide deeper thoughts to individual posts that I see as important at this stage of my journey. And also address dreams of more recent posts from visitors that have not established a path to understanding dreams. I must share myself with others and the dream posts, interpretations and evaluations of each is most important. I am a point of where I need to focus on the deeper aspects of my thoughts, putting into words what I feel I have learned from my experiences with dreams and their interpretations. I do feel the Dream Forum is a good case study in dreams and I wish to focus on that more than anything. Your dreams are important and the interpretations, whether by others or from yourself will be of great value. You possess the ability to understand dreams. That qualifies you to analyze your own dreams properly and successfully, more so than most would be able.

What would be great is if you would participate in teh discussions of the recent posts Dreams of A Younger Person and Dream Dictionaries and Joseph Campbell and George Lucas. I am wanting to have more of these discussions and the more who participate the more we will learn.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hello Jerry,

you don't have to apologize for not having replied to some of my dreams; i can see (read) you are very busy here with all the dreams and information around dreams and their meanings. I'm already very happy with the replies/comments you gave me to all my other dreams! I wish i would/could be a little more devoted and active here, but it comes and goes. After work most of the time i don't have the energy to think properly and there's also my study waiting patiently for me. Although i am not really replying to other peoples dreams, i still try to read some dreams and your information every day...Still glad to have come back to this site after a few years!
I have to smile when i see how dedicated you are to Jung's archetypes etcetera. I still have to get used to the archetypes. When my dreaming started years ago i first searched through different dreamdictionaries and from there i started to give lots of symbols my own explanations. It works but not for very long. I now hope to learn to use the archetyping to have sort of a basis to work from when interpreting..(i can be very stubborn and for most of my life i'm so against theory, wanting to look for my own meanings and answers)

Mask

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Just read about another way to use symbols/objects in a dream. The author wrote this has its base in Gestalt. The goal in this is to put oneself in the place of any object/thing from the dream, so if there's a road in the dream then let yourself be that road and try to look at the dream from the roads' perspective.
I wanted to give it a try so...

Lets say i am a checkpoint:
People came with the idea to place me in a warehouse and after having used/tried me for a while they must have thought i did a good job so they put on several more places in the warehouse. My goal is to first stop people and let them pay to pass me. I don't cost that much...only one euro; you can call me cheap or easy to pass maybe, but on the other hand: in a time where people use their creditcard of pass more and more people can have difficulties when wanting to go through me as lots of times they don't have change/coins on them. It seems i made someone feel irritated. But besides letting people pay to pass me, i think my most important purpose is to check people before letting them in.
(hmm, makes one think)

Lets say i'm the coloured money in my wallet:
I have my place in her wallet. I am not alone, but have several siblings in the form of coins and paper money. This woman has me in her wallet and several times now she has looked at me and asked herself if she could hand me over in order to pass. But the other people didn't want to take me, saying that i'm of no use in this country. I know in another country (state) they i am accepted and i know my owner has been told that there would come a time in the near future where i would count in this state, where i would be accepted. I am very colourfull.

(hmm...)

Lets say i am the several-day-old-cream-pie in the fridge:
She bought me for her birthday so she could give pieces of me to her friends and family. I know she herself doesn't like me that much, but that a few friends of her do like me and i know she likes to make everyone feel content and happy. Though only a few of her friends like me she, like always, bought to much of me and now i'm standing here in the cold fridge, waiting to get thrown away. I know her...sometimes she just puts her tasks forward and forward...and maybe she left me here a little longer for maybe other guests to come. Today she opened the fridge. It's already days after her birthday and she had a guest, whom she didn't expect to come. Friendly as she is she wanted to give this guest a piece of pie and now she's looking at me. I can see her hesitation; is she going to offer this guest me of not. But she decides my cream will be too sour after all those past days. She leaves me in the fridge and leaves for a store to buy some of my fresh family members. I know my hours are counted now...she is going to throw me away. What a waist that she's bought too much of me...giving herself extra work by doing so.

Or maybe in a short way:
I am a pie with cream on top. Unfortunedly i am too old and too sour to eat. I'm ready for the garbagebin.

(ai...in this way it almost hurts)

Short version of the checkpoint:
I am a checkpoint. I only let people pass/in after having checked them and after they've paid me money from their wallet (when i know them better).
I don't take colourfull money from foreign countries.

Short version of wallet:
I am a wallet. I am full of money from two different states, both known and strange. Especially the money from the other state is very colourfull.
I am a wallet and i got lost several times, being dropped on the floor and left behind without being noticed. But i am always found back.

Mask,
"The goal in this is to put oneself in the place of any object/thing from the dream, so if there's a road in the dream then let yourself be that road and try to look at the dream from the roads' perspective.".

That is the whole meaning of Jungian psyche. The road is you {metaphorically it is your path in life}. The car is you, the house is you, those unidentified people are aspects of you. The dream is all about you, the dreamer.

This is exactly how I look at all dreams. The Gestalt method is best used in group therapy and if examined uses methods very similar to what Jung espouses. The problem with Gestalt is its theories of perception are criticized for being descriptive rather than explanatory in nature. If there is to be a healing, something that both Jung and Gestalt suggests, there must be an explanatory reason for it. In dreams the perception may be there but the symbolic nature of the imagery must be explained to be understood. My thoughts are that it is important to understand all forms of dream therapy {even the inclusion of Freudian Oedipus as being very important}. But in my experiences Jung provides the best route to understanding dreams, and thus the self. Instead of hours on a couch with the psychologist trying to pry out what is in the unconscious, Jung's principles provide a direct link to the unconscious, through our dreams.

If Gestalt helps you better understand the symbols in dreams as being a part of you, then I say look at its positive points in doing that. But I dare say you will eventually realize what this method is doing is a lesser path to discovering what is within the unconscious, and in our dreams. But of course I do hold that 'ego' bias, as we all do no matter how sanitized our conscious mind may have evolved.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present