Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dreamed I was Jesus

Andy,
You won't get any 'salvation by faith through Christ' here. More the opposite. The faith one needs is in them-self. Those things in life that occur happen mostly because of the actions of the individual, or in earlier life {as in your case} from lack of good parental care. Carl Jung was a scientist who found there is a spiritual aspect within all of us. But that aspect is tied to nature, the natural laws of the universe {what some call karma}. God is your own Higher Self and instead of bringing him in, you have to bring him out of your own nature. Jesus, as is the Buddha, are examples of how to live a spiritual life and the 'myths' of their lives are metaphors of how one should approach life. The death and resurrection is what must happen to you. Death to the ego centered self and a resurrection to the spiritual 'Self'.

The 'inner journey' to spiritual awakening is psychological. Looking at your whole life to determine what it is that binds you to the body's desires. Most often the underlying causes are from childhood. An abused child, physically and/or psychologically, carries that 'baggage' with them throughout life, or until it is confronted and resolved. The many stories of abused children at the hands of Catholic priests demonstrate the destructive nature of child abuse. Destructive behavior is the norm for these children as adults, drugs, divorce, suicide are common. This is not made up, facts speak for the way it really is.

As for your dreams. They are a part of the natural aspects of the human psyche. Just as with the immune system of the body which helps regulate and control against disease and infections, dreams are a regulator of the emotions. Those conflicts in life must be regulated or the life becomes a 'wasteland' of destructive behavior. By providing insights to the 'real' person within dreams offer assistance to understanding why a person is who they are and the actions they take in life.

The only problem is dreams speak in a language of symbol and metaphor. The house as a symbol is a metaphor for the dreamer, the house is you. In your dream Jesus is a metaphor for your true self {that true self possessing a spiritual aspect as described previously} and the persecution is both of yourself and the experiences from your past {those abusive experiences that still control much of your life}. Escaping down the stairwells is going down into the deep unconscious, the dream's attempt to inform you of those controlling aspects of past experiences. Meeting Satan is confronting those abusive experiences if not literally confronting those actual people who abused you. The stalled nature of the dream is not knowing how you are controlled by the experiences.

Jung's theories and principles of dream psychology provide a road map of how to interpret dreams. I just happen to have a natural attraction to that psychology {I am self taught in Jungian psyche18 years of study and 12+ years of practical application of dream interpretation} is part of my spiritual Self. My Myths-Dreams-Symbols is part that spiritual aspect also {I am self educated in web design also}, the creative aspect that let's me share what I have learned from the sages {Jung, Campbell, etc}. We all possess this creative aspect, we need only discover what it is that provides the 'bliss' in life.

If you are interested in discovering more about the true spiritual nature within you I suggest you watch The Power of Myth videos by Joseph Campbell. It was this very video that started me on my inward journey to self discovery back in 1992. There are 6 one hour videos that if watched will enlighten the mind and spirit. I believe you, a someone who rejects organized religion, will find a great interest in what Campbell has to offer. It just may be the beginning of that long journey to healing, just as it was for me.

And if you have other dreams you need guidance with you are always welcomed to post them here for inspection. Just thinking about your dreams will probably promote you to remember future dreams. They never cease to end, they are a part of who you really are.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present