Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: eating my foot

Sorry I took so long with this, I really appreciated your feedback and I hope I didn't annoy you by not responding for so long. I was wrong to say that Kris Felt is a shadow figure, especially in the context of this dream. You assumed very correctly and helped me realize what I was so close to realizing but couldn't. Of course, Kris is an adventure figure, his real house is a thousand miles away.

He would represent my expectation of an adventure, or possibly an escape from my emotions. This spot is only across the highway from my parents' house, it is my uncle's land, it's all part of a big farm. This spot seems to be a spot of much difficulty, where I dreamed a couple years ago of a giant woman grabbing me up. As a kid there was an old broken bridge right here which might help explain it as a place where my emotions are powerful.

The family man could be the reality of my situation, the sedantary reality. Or it could be a parental imago that I feel contrition to for trying to be the iconoclast that Kris is.

The dad may be enjoying seeing me afraid of the emotions. It could represent some theme from my past. I thought it meant that there is a part of me suggesting not to be overwhelmed by these emotions. The young girl is trying to bring these emotions out into the light, yet possibly there is an imago that is learned interfering with it. I will have to consider that idea where it might be active in my other dreams. I have alot of new material that has been in upheaval, so I will consider this seriously. Thanks so much for the great insight.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: eating my foot

Hi Sam,

No, you did not annoy. I am glad you found what I shared as helpful.

I think that's good guidance: to not be overwhelmed by these emotions. I would just be careful that "do not be overwhelmed by your emotions," does not also mean 'not allowing them.'

When we've been disconnected from our emotions/ repressed them for some time (and we all learn to do this as children), they can sometimes, at first (when we are "repairing the bridge" to our emotional body), "seem" to be a bit overwhelming to us...to the part of us that has spent so much time and energy/force on "controlling" them.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present