Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interpretations for Those Who have Posted Recent Dreams

Kaze
However I am very weary of where, what, and whom, I should study to find out more because while there is a lot out there, I don't must of it to be credible.

Is there anyone, any place, you can think of that would be helpful? As trite as it sounds, I'm dealing with a lot right now and I could use of some of this wisdom ASAP. THank you.

Hi Kaze

You are right to be wary and there is nothing wrong with that.

There is an old saying from the East that I have found to be true over and over again. It is "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." You have to be ready and although you need to keep your wariness, which really means keeping a critical mind, you also need to keep your mind wide open because teachers can appear in very surprising shapes and forms! It is hard to be both skeptical and open.

If you want to talk to me, I am willing to listen. I can't promise wisdom, but I've kicked around this world for seventy years. If you want to do that we can do it off list if you want, but not for dream interpretation, that's Jerry's skill and not mine!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 - Aotearoa/New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Kaze,
I suggest you take David's offer. His experience translates into great wisdom and there is no substitute for experience. You can determine his wisdom from his posts. I have no doubt he will be of great assistance.

David,
I am finally feeling much better this morning. But that may be the least of my worries. I must admit I am weary of the weather, all the rain and storms. Saturday a week ago lightening struck and fried my computer. Yesterday {Saturday} it struck again and fried my cable box, if not my television {won't know until I get a new cable box}. Have I made the gods angry. Or is it my son's house {I am renting it while he basks in sunny Florida} a lightening magnet? Since I don't believe in a 'literal' god it must be the later. Curse the gods and unplug the appliances.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry.
I read about the floods in Tennessee it certainly does sound as if your weather has been appalling, but I wouldn't take it personally!

Glad you're feeling better, I am recovering a little more slowly, my older bones don't bounce back like they used.

I don't know about making the gods angry. I have wondered on several occasions whether the collective unconscious actually materialises in our "real" world sometimes. I am fairly sure (looking back) my anima materialised once in my life many years ago. It was, as you can imagine, difficult

Also, I have occasionally made a sacrifice to appease the gods. They seem to like oranges and chocolate! I just put them out with some wild flowers, a small candle for light maybe. Whatever feels right to me. The intention is everything it seems.

The world is waking up, I can feel it. We have foolishly and unknowingly started to worship the old dark gods (greed, war, narcissism, etc) and if we worship them, they will awaken, I believe. We mess with the old gods at our peril. They are beautiful and powerful beyond imagining.

ROTFL ... "Curse the gods and unplug the appliances." I feel a t-shirt coming on Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 - Aotearoa/New Zealand

David,
I agree with your thoughts about the unconscious materializing in the waking world. There have been many instances recently when unconscious thoughts seem to have manifest themselves into real waking life experiences. Not so much in line with Jung's synchronicity but seemingly related events that were mere thoughts prior to their occurring. I guess the message is 'be careful of what you think' or they may actually become reality. Especially for someone like you and me who dare delve deep into the unconscious psyche. I do remember Campbell giving a warning about such 'psyche' adventures and the danger involved. But that is the cost of journeying into the dark world of the unconscious.
Neither-the-less I am convinced the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. Experience has proven that.

Jerry

That's interesting Jerry. Can you remember where Joseph Campbell talked about that?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70, Aotearoa/New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

David,
Exactly when I heard Campbell make that statement I can't remember. I believe it was in his interviews with Bill Moyers in The Power of Myth but don't hold me to that. It could have been in one of the numerous interviews of Campbell I have on audio cassette, including those with Michael Toms of New Dimensions radio {The Wisdom of Joseph Campbell}. During the mid to late 1990s the first recordings of these interviews were on the shelves of most major bookstores and I bought all that were available. I must have listened to those interviews many, many times trying to get to the depths of Campbell's soul. Toms did a great service in his interviews, exposing the real man that Campbell was.
{one small detail I remember from the conversations was Campbell opposed to trade unions. His reason had to with his wife's profession in dance and the union's position on some related event that Campbell opposed. I believe Campbell was non-political but when it came to personal experiences he did tend to take sides}

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.

I'll check it out.

-------------------

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70, Aotearoa/New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present