Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: running over a person with a car

Thanks for you reply Jerry. Very insightful. My earlier teen years were not happy and very confusing. My mother was the undoubted boss in our house when I was growing up and ran roughshod over my father. He did not and has not played a significant role in my life. He is still alive. I remember demanding that he stand up for himself by asking "how can you let her (my mother) talk to us and you like that?" and he answered "thats just the way she is." I think my early teens was when I recognised that my family was very dysfunctional. I did not have any friends to confide in and counselling just did not exist in country Australia back then so I withdrew into my fantasy books. As you say the mid to late 40s are when you want to balance things up. This dream reflects that I still miss my father desperately. I agree with you that this dream reflects some very deep issues involved with me trying to grow up but I haven't finished the work yet. Sigh. Lesley

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: running over a person with a car

Lesley,
I do appreciate for your response. It does reveal there is in fact an existing emotional conflict having to do with your father. Childhood and early life experiences have a huge determination how the adult life turns out. To reconcile this is important. Looking deeper into the past and the path you have taken in your journey will help in that resolve. It is time consuming and can be emotionally hard. But to put it all into proper perspective, that is the healing agent that finally let's you 'grow up'. The lack of a good relationship with your father stunted your personal growth. Mid-life is a time when you can retrieve the initiative to resume that growth. It takes discipline. But it is well worth the effort since in the end it will help you discover how to live a balanced and harmonious life. That is the path of the hero/heroine, to achieve that balance and find that harmony. And it comes from within.

As life unfolds we find it is a psychological journey

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present