Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recent dreams

Sounds good, Jerry. Enjoy your day!! The Unity we go to is an early service with an open format where we discuss our journeys. The later one is like any other church service around...I use the term: too churchy. I hope you have a good experience. Peg

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: dream interpretation

Jerry,

I never said outloud that I am diving into the dream, journey, living intuituvely, but I am. The guidance is there if we look & listen for it. That is what I've discovered. Letting go of the things, being Higher Power guided, is so much simpler, but not always easy. So my journey feels inward & downward. I really appreciate what you said about the feminine aspect. Looking at the myths, women get one of 2 roles, temptist or mother/goddess. But with Jung's anima/animous, I believe I've learned how to transpose many of outer lessons I've been taught.

I had a friend for many years who was a Jungian and wonderful person. Alas, I can no longer call him. He may have made his transition or just changed addresses in San Francisco. I believe I need to share my dreams or I miss the point. There is a local Jungian woman, but she is expensive after completeing her Phd. I found her too remote & unfeeling- kind of a difficult person to talk to. Here's the thing, everyone I respect & feel share my journey with do NOT have degrees! Anyone can get one, it's the person and the ones without who tend to be deeper, more honest and to work harder, all from passion, not external labelling.

We moved to this apt on a big channeling lake after foreclosure on our house. I had a dream over a year before I moved here of this apt, on the water, surrounded by water. I find connecting with nature daily & exercise, also daily, very important.

As D.H.Lawrance said, "Life is the mystery of the unfolding rose, not a problem to be solved." I am learning a lot reading your website. Thanks for your generous spirit!

Peggy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Peggy,
Unity is another church I would attend. I was a member of First Unity in Nashville for several years before they ran the minister away because of some silly differences by just a few people. He was a 'Jungian' like myself and the first black minister of an all white congregation in Nashville. A similar event happened at the first Unitarian Universalist church I attended, the minister and some of the congregation were at odds and fighting. When it was discovered he was having an affair with one of the members, which made the front page of the local newspaper, he was banished to 'minister hell'.

On the topic of leaving churches. It was when I was 17 that i first starting questioning my Christian upbringing. I was attending a Church of Christ in Nashville where the minister was a great young speaker who gave lessons and not sermons. When he and his wife left due to a broken promise by the church to send them to Africa as missionaries a new preacher took over. On a night he was preforming his duties of introducing himself he visited me at my home. We talked and feeling I was important because he took the time to visit me I was open and expressive with the new minister. But when he asked me where I was baptized I replied it was at a Baptist church in Chattanooga when I was six years old {my mother made me go}. His reply was, "Jerry you will have to be baptized again." I asked why. His answer was the Church of Christ did not recognize a baptism by another religion's anointment. That was the beginning if the end of my affection for the church. I began to question and in Christian doctrine you do not question, you live by unbidden faith. I soon left the church and did not return to a congregation until I attended the UU church when I was 44 {that service included wounded birds, an eagle, an owl and a hawk-a truly moving spiritual experience}.

Enough about 'religion'. To your follow up post and your dreams.

Your description of your sister 'removing her mask' and her being a mother figure for you years ago, could there be a 'shadow experience' in those in your own fears of death? She is suffering health wise and her dogmatic views about her tarot/astrology profession may have cast themselves onto your psyche in some form {I have a problem with most all 'psychics', Edgar Cayce being an exception. I do believe in the ability to be 'psyche', the intuitive ability to recognize beyond what is visible to the normal eye}. But that is a general question and may not be relevant.

The first dream.
There is a focus on the relationship with your husband and sister in this dream. One that has possible associations to experiences with both of them. There is an 'unlit' aspect to the relationships and unconsciously there is that realization that something has changed {unlit candelabra in the window}. Candelabras have many sockets to hold candles so there are most likely many aspects to these relationships that may have commonality. Her real life dis-interest in talking about her art objects would be a real change of attitude. She has a disinterest at a time you are trying to revive your own interest in your creative self.

Your husband collapsing in your sister's room and the possible pain. It there something shared here? Your sister has changed, are there problems with changes in your husband? This is something you may have given conscious thought to {going upstairs with him}. There is pain associated with it also.

I do get the impression the dream is addressing associations of experiences with both your husband and sister. Not the same but related in that they are causing you pain. There are changes are involved. Emotional wreckage in your adolescent home {the grounding for your personality and emotions as an adult}. Unhealthy relationships discovered while being creative. Related experiences from the past and the present?

"Just writing this I get more." That is a purpose to examine dreams. They revive memories and emotions. The 'black' woman in your dream may be your spirit guide as well as your shadow. Discussing emotions is in itself therapy. The fact a black woman gave good advice could be a 'synchronicistic' event. Chance occurrence at a time when it gives meaningful experience to your life.
{I had a wonderful conversation with an African American woman at the UU church yesterday. A proud woman with much wisdom}.

The Gospel According to Thomas
From The Gnostic Gospels

115 Parables Spoken by Jesus
Discovered in 1946
About religion. You have got it right about where to look for the spirit self. Inward! The metaphors of religious language have true meaning when applied to the inner life {the death and resurrection of Jesus on the cross is what has to happen to the individual, death to the ego and a resurrection to the spiritual}. I learned a lot about that aspect of the journey from Elaine Pagels. I have created several pages on her works including The Lost Teachings of Jesus, The Book of Revelation {video}, The Origins of Satan {video} and Matthew, Mark, Luke....and Thomas. Very powerful stuff.

Second Dream
Your husband and mother would likely fit 'comfortably' together. Again shared experiences/aspects? I sense this dream is addressing early life experiences since in the dream she is 'waiting for her up to go home'. Those groundings that make you who you are today {dreams often betray such groundings}. Picking food {emotional nourishment} from her teeth {emotional health} with food on her hands {you have the ability to manage your own emotional health} would be a reference to those groundings. A ticket is passage to a new or another place. Handbags are where we store our emotions. Tuesday denotes the relationship between all these different emotions. You are looking for spiritual advice/wholeness {NA meeting} and at the same time going back in time {the numbers 6 and 9/6:30 are numbers denoting wholeness in body, mind and spirit-see my page on the number nine}.

The behavior of your mother in the dream, the dementia late in her life, may be related to how you feel about your sister's behavior as well as a fear of your own demise. Related groundings last a lifetime.

"My old thinking was, I have to get over these things to get to my art and now I see them as the journey to myself/my art."

There seems to be a 'death and resurrection' in this view. Could it be your psyche is suggesting this is an avenue to help remedy your fears of death? You have a lot of emotional baggage to rummage through and the dream is naturally addressing those issues. It may be suggesting a solution to more than one of your problems in life. Rediscover your creative being to find answers. That was Jung's advice as well as Campbell's. I find it to be good advice for us all.
Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

All of these emotions involved in my relationship with my sister are so old. I am tired of them and I'm the one being hooked by the circumstances. I so get that and am so done. My big obstacle is my codependence & caretaking. THis is her resurrection or nonresurrection, not mine. I have not been in touch with her or my other sister for years, by choice. I am reasserting that boundary for myself. My oldest son is always upset by this decision and pushes me back towards them. I ignore it usually, but the "hook" was the cancer.

I believe the answer to my death fear is to get in touch with eternity. To breakfree from these self imposed ties and move towards God, mySelf, awareness. I have done a tremendous amount of work on myself over the years. I just have to accept all the emotions as just emotions- especially all these female drama ones. YUCK. It's hard enough for me to deal with my own female Emotions!I take care of my side of the street, so to speak, per the 12 steps and can walk away knowing I have done all I can. Period.

Your dream interpretation skills are excellent and very right on. I will wait for a BIG dream to share. I'm excited about the oil rig & my art which is part of the same big picture.

All the drama in churches, even Unity, reminds me of the dysfunctional family. We've been part of Unity, gone away for a time, and now are back, BUT with very restricted attendence. The people are great, but I say, wear your church like a loose garment. And, just like NA meetings, some are amazing and some are awful & irritating, but I have to go to all of them. Widening our "we" is a suggestion in NA, meaning go to a lot of different meetings because "Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of our program, ever reminding us to place principles before personality." You practice that here in your dream journal by inviting all to participate. If I get hung up by a personality at a meeting, I can go to different meeting. I won't side step my "issues" for wherever I go, there I am! :o)

Most people in recovery know all about our shadowside in terms of it living us out. We learn how to live the priniciples or die of our disease...pretty motivating! I will take the advice to be creative and let whatever gets worked out to do so! For what it's worth, I feel a lot better and am going to be more diligent at protecting my journey, for I deserve it.

Thank you,Jerry!!!

Peggy,
Thanks for sharing. When you have your next 'big dream' post it and let's see what there is in the dream. Usually such dreams come about in a time of change in life. Or when something important is realized {which itself is a change}. Let's hope your next 'change' is a positive one.

Web Design

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Peggy,
You may want to check out my most recent post about Marion Woodman
Marion Woodman
Canadian mythopoetic, Jungian analyst, author & sage of the feminine psyche

There is no one who understands the feminine psyche better than Marion Woodman. And it is not just women who can benefit from her knowledge but men also. I discovered the power of my intuitive self, my feminine psyche, primarily because of Woodman's artful instructions. My intuitive insighst into dreams comes from her books and works, many of which I have bought and read over the past 10 years. She takes Jungian psyche to a whole different level.

Web Design

Jerry, I've been checking out Marion Woodman & notice several of her publications are on CD/cassette only. Interesting. Will head to Half price books & see what is there for me. I like the 2nd hand stores for I let my intuition do the shopping. ;o) I am currently reading "Dharma Bums" by Keroac. A kind of Basho journey of travelling around, thumbing & boxcars & writing poetry & meditating.

If you haven't read "Cannery Row" by john Steinbeck I recommend that for he fashioned a portion of Doc after Jos. Campbell. Besides that, it is an amazing piece of literature. A fun, human character/nature study.

Marion Woodman seems like my kind of woman!!!! Thanks for pointing her out.

Peggy

Peggy,
I read about Campbell's early friendship with Steinbeck in the Stephen Larsen's biography of Campbell A Fire in the Mind. It seems there was jealousy over a female friend of both men and if I remember correctly Steinbeck ended up marrying her.

As for Cannery Row. I was not aware of this aspect of the relationship. I did not read the book was quite taken by and tremendously enjoyed the movie which starred Nick Nolte and Debra Winger.

Web Design

Cannery Row, the movie, is from 2 of Steinbeck's books. The book is the jewel! Campbell wrote about this in "The Jos.Campbell Companion" I can't find it to quote it for you directly. So many books and a lot of them repeats, but good reminders.

How do I rescue my animous? I dreamt last night that we stopped on the side of the road to help an old man who was injured (lying prone) in front of a store. THere was another reference to the same "rescue" in the dream, a sick younger man. Two nights ago, I dreamt of being way too exposed in the feminine (too graphic to share), but a clear message!!! LOL. But it occurred in a square shaped tidepool. I ended up looking at these sea turtles swimming in such deep water, it was amazing.

I do agree that I need more masculine energy in my waking situation with my 2 sisters & even recognized it conciously. Regression can be so strong. :o(. I was going to just let this be and allow my unconcious to show me more, but then I wrote in my journal: "more will be reveiled" instead of "revealed" Freudian, I think so...lol. So then I wrote the above question and thought: Ask Jerry, the dream man. :o)

Peggy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present