Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new development

Thanks Jerry,
You have highlighted a lot of things that really click and need to be addressed. You pointed out childhood influences being a big factor and this seems to be pivotal to the entire scenario. I was often discouraged and stopped or scolded out of just about everything that I loved as a child and pushed into a mold that never did or will fit. Even friends and playmates were hard to pursue or keep. Whether it was moving or being under a strict watchful eye, I was mostly on my own among peers. I'm not sure where the racial factor comes in but maybe has something to do with the minority family I've chosen for myself. This would make me unwelcome, although I do go out of my way to avoid conformity as an individual.
I feel like the old buildings are my original childhood dreams. I may be trying to abandon them in pursuit of the political and uninteresting corporate life that I feel is expected of me. The red building I am familiar with and it would seem to be representing art. I wonder if the other (I believe it was a light beige or tan color) is something I have not explored or accepted.
This may also explain the canal, although I am not sure because I often dream of a deep ravine or rushing massive bodies of water that I must cross. It seems very possible the canal and other ravines are highlighting the massive differences and adjustments necessary to realize my own self apart from what was learned from childhood.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Dreamer,
I appreciate your quick response and elaborating on my comments. The unconscious influences for which I spoke, something you probably were consciously aware of, do seem to fit the childhood you experienced. The complex, and we all have complexes of some degree, would be related to these experiences. The childhood town in your dream was you as a child. The discouragement of expressing yourself may be what the canals are about, the complexes of not being able to be your true self. Such discouragement would have left its mark on your psyche and would be an influencing factor of your psyche as an adult. Those would be related to the mountain-like shapes on the horizon. The dream is addressing the early life issues has they have to do with your adult persona and personality.

The 'racial secluded community' also has been explained. The minority family 'you have chosen' does in waking life seclude you from certain peers, friends and possibly family. You are not a minority but do identify with a minority family. You area part of that family. That fits with the dream and although I could not pinpoint this exactly {a good interpretation will identify the perimeters of a dream but can not do much in identifying specifics} it does fit with what I saw.

As for the buildings being your childhood dreams. the buildings would indeed be you metaphorically, if not in the present then at some time in your life. Te buildings that are associated with political and business would likely be addressing your adult life. The way you described these buildings in your response makes it sound as if you are following a path expected of you but not what you really want in life. There is where the Cathedral would have relevance. As I stated in my interpretation the Cathedral would the the spiritual self and in Jungian psyche that would the TRUE SELF. The dream is wanting you to focus on this true aspect. And your statement about the red building being art. That would suggest a creative aspect as I pointed out. If you are having to pursue the political/business route then more likely you are having to sacrifice the creative {I don't believe there were description of the building colors in your original dream post}.

My question is can you identify aspects of your childhood that may have affected who you are today, your personality? Does having been discouraged as a child have relevance in your adult life? That may be the pattern I am looking for that would fill the canal {complex}.

Overall I believe we have a good match between the dream, my interpretation and your response. But the great desire is to determine what to do, which path to take in your choice of career paths. If you are willingly submitting to the pressures of following the political/business path then that would be opposite your natural psyche {every psyche has the greater being within and that being is of the creative/spiritual realm}. I see the dream addressing that aspect. If correct then your would be wrong to follow that path since it would be reverting back to childhood ways of being discouraged to be your true self. That may be the complex, not being able to be your true self because you are expected to follow the rules set forth by someone else.

If you wish to expound on what is happening in your life as to do with the possible paths in more detail then we may be able to better understand how to get past the 'mountains' that stand in your way of making the correct career decision. Or you can use what we have learned and privately work with the issues.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
You have been quite helpful and I know what I have to do. It actually feels like a somewhat near recent decision I made that was very difficult yet very rewarding. It would be a tragedy to sacrifice these magnificent "eternal" structures to make way for a life that I don't want. Childhood discouragement has been and still is very heavy but I have good support now and meditation also helps. As with all big endeavors one step at a time will get me where I want to be and bring joy along the way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present