Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Magician

I had many dreams with him.

One I remember very good. That it was a tornado. I, my husband, my son and Joe were at small house. I saw big whirlwind and suddently my husband and Joe dissappeared. Then I went with my son to some hill and saw them coming off doors. They were standing around the place for bonfire made from stones. There were 4 people around fire place: my husband, Joe, some American Indian and myself. My husband was singing some song in Elvish like Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. I didn't remember the words.

I think that sth big is realationship with Joe. It is very important to me and I don't want to lose him. Also I'm coming back to work after maternity leave - to work when the only person who I can trust is Joe.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Cracow

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

And also there was a problem with relationship with men in general for me. I had some situation when men treated me only in sexual categories while I thought that we were friends or sth. It was not Joe but when I was in Ireland I was more afraid about myself getting involved in sexual relationship with him while I knew that my husband was in Poland and I loved him very much. Nothing "bad" happened and we ended as good friends. Since that time I tried to figure out what's the difference of love between my husband and him. Cause my love for my husband started from the stage of friends. Then I thought that it is not bad to love more people as long as we are honest to each other and don't break rules of sleeping with someone else.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Katarzyna,
Thanks so much for your response{s}. I think I see where the dream is paralleling your waking life. The confusion I had in reading the dream may have had something to do with your relationship with Joe. The closeness to him while being married to someone else could have had an input although it would have been a 'psychic' reading instead of a psyche sense {psychics are mostly frauds whereas psyche refers intuitively sensing the psychological mind}. I don't claim any 'psychic' abilities but do have a good sense of reading the psyche, in dreams as well as with people in general.

My sense of the dream in my original assessment seems to be correct. Both in the relationship with Joe as well as men in general. And there could be the third element coming through involving the spiritual. I'll address that later.

The friendship factor came through very strong in the dream and you confirmed that in your response. I think the magician symbol is related to him as a 'man' who can show friendship and not expect more. It is indeed a magical moment when a woman can have such a friendship without 'benefits' {quoting a scene from Seinfeld}. You do hold Joe to a higher position. The fact he is in another country would explain my sense of 'missed opportunities'.

Then there is the issue of men in general I mentioned and you confirmed. The coins in the dream would represent 'values' you possess {at least in one context}. My sense of 'being played the fool' may fit here. Men wanting to be friends purely for sexual reasons, playing you for a fool. The magician symbol takes on multiply meanings {which is the norm in dreams}.

The two rooms may have multiply meanings also. One would be the special relationship with Joe who is a friend and does not require benefits. The other room is where the magician is the 'trickster' where the playing the fool and trying to trick you would fit {dreams often use a play on words to illustrate an emotional issue}. The later would be the issue with men in general, their tricks to deceive you {remember these are emotional issues you have or have experienced}.

The experiment would be your general relationships with men, rotating and seeking relationships that are genuine and not simply for sexual purposes. Joe is one of those relationships albeit genuine and different than the rest. But there is an element that remains a mystery. The dream statement, " he tried to do this many times. Then finally he succeeded." is not clear in its intent. Who was it that tried many times and then succeeded? Could that be your husband? I do sense an unresolved issue and that would be the primary intent of the dream in its therapeutic attempt to help you solve an unresolved issue {one of three issues i sense in the dream}. There could be the issue of the 'rotating' emotions you have between the relationship with your husband and that with Joe.

There are three issues. One would be the relationship with men in general. Another would be the issue of love for your husband and reconciling that with your 'general' but non-sexual love for Joe. The third issue, and perhaps the 'big happening' would be your true emotions involving Joe. The last part of the dream points to that. The dream language reads, "then I went to the room where Joe was sitting. There he was far from me as sleeping and in front of me was large snake which was cut into two pieces."

The room in which Joe was sitting is a significant room. He is in real life 'far away from you' which may suggest a desire to be closer to him {which you admit is a wish}. The snake may represent 'hidden fears' you have yet to confront. It is cut into which could suggest there are two elements to do with relationships that are cut up addressing emotional conflicts. I used the plural term conflicts because I sense the dream is addressing relationships in general as well as being specific {two rooms, two pieces}. the specific issue would be Joe sleeping far away from you with the other piece of the snake being your husband {the snake as a phallus could play here since you are 'sleeping' with your husband}.

Could there be hidden desires {snake} for Joe that you have not confronted as yet? That would play with the spiritual aspect i mentioned. We have addressed your strong spiritual aspects in your Pentecost dream. Could there be an issue in the relationship with Joe that is causing emotional conflicts? From experience, and i have had many as relationships go, 'rotating' more than one relationship at a time is not easy, or desirable {looking back and seeing it always caused real conflicts}. Could that be an issue? You could have the right mindset in your relationship with Joe {as a very good and reliable friend} but there may be 'natural' deeper issues because you are married. Has that come up in your mind, or even perhaps as an issue with your husband?

A lot to think about. I'll let you ponder what I have offered. Keep in mind your dreams are 'truth' without any bias or agenda. They show what is real and true, your true emotions that may not be allowed to be consciously recognized by the ego. The therapeutic device of dreams is to bring the truth out so the conscious self can examine what is there and help resolve emotional issues.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co-Middle Tennessee
/Gifford Fence Orlando

Creative Thinking Wed Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Dream Interpretation Orlando/Space Coast, Florida

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you very much.

I'm not quite sure what do you mean by saying ""natural" deeper issues because you are married". I think that having him as a friend doesn't ruin relationship with my husband. We are quite happy now but as I said I do miss Joe. I will have to think about it more.

Smiles and virtual good coffee for you:)

Katarzyna,
I am exploring any other possible issues. If there is not problem with the relationships as they are then look at the rest of the interpretation and determines if it fits. Sorting through the possibilities is how we can finally resolve any outstanding issues. Look at the circumstances involving the military and possible conflicts related to patriarchy.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co-Middle Tennessee
/Gifford Fence Orlando

Creative Thinking Wed Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Dream Interpretation Orlando/Space Coast, Florida

Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present