Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Baby Dream

Dustin,
In this post you answered my question about a spiritual search, one that was not revealed in previous responses. I sensed a strong spiritual connection but because there were not any responses addressing that, I did not continue with the question. Undoubtedly your religious associations are an important aspect of discovering and becoming your true self.

One very important aspect to being your true self is the religious experiences you were brought up with where you have no voice. Strict hierarchy is usually related to sects where a few people have control over many other people. Being led blindly goes against the natural fabric of our being. Psychologically so many people are damaged and only look outside themselves for answers instead of examining their own psychology {going inward}. I had an awaking and began to question my Church of Christ/Southern Baptist roots when I was 17. I was 42 when I began to discover the true spiritual self {when I discovered Jungian psyche and studied all the world religions}. I no longer am led, I am led by my inner self/natural instincts and my true self is a part of nature and natural law {Karma, cause and effect}. Jesus is the example to live by but the stories preached by the church are myths {exaggerated truths}. Its not what you believe/your faith that matters but your actions that dictate how life evolves. When you discover and become your true self you do not need a religion to follow, you naturally follow your soul {and do as Jesus/Buddha would do}. Place trust in your higher Self and life reveals new horizons not available to those who seek answers {and meaning} from the outer world. What you need to do is take those aspects of your religious beliefs you feel fit with your core being and reconcile them with the natural truths that govern all life. religion and nature are not separate, the true spiritual self is a part of nature. Your core being, your true self is what you witness in your dreams every night.

Note: As a science {psychology} Jung was often criticized for his concept that we all do have a natural spiritual aspect. It is a part of the true self we are born with, just as is the shadow and masculine/feminine aspects. The creative aspect {also a concept Jung believes we all possess} is a part of the spiritual because in expressing our creative self we are sharing from the soul.

Then of course there are the issues with your wife. I assume the two of you are of the same religious beliefs. That could have a bearing on the relationship since you are struggling with the faith and discovering your true spiritual identity. Beyond that the issue of having children could be apart of the message in the dream Baby dream {again that being a personal issue and one that would be difficult to discern without having more knowledge of your personal life}. All dreams have at least two applications and while I can define the general outline of a dream the personal experiences are not usually readily evident. The deeper aspects is what I normally sense and although those fit in your life {your response verifying my analysis to the Baby dream}. The personal concerns about having children due to the problems with your marriage {a legitimate one} would be another aspect the dream is addressing. The position of the baby, the position related to the issues with your marriage, would reflect your concerns of having children {dreams reflect your true self, your true emotions}. If we take the last paragraph of the dream {to do with your wife having the baby} and break it down symbolically we would find literal associations to your concerns about having children}. The yellow color of your wife's pants {pants representing you are questioning your role in some situation} would suggest something not clear {white} and the red color would represent emotional energies. The baby falling out feet first may suggest your desire for a firm grounding you wish for your children to be born with {which is not the case with the issues in your marriage}. I could break all the images down and find associations to do with having children and possibly to do with your marriage. The dream is addressing both the personal issues to do with having children and your marriage as well as the deeper issues I outlined in my analysis. This is the norm for all dreams {one Jung specified and one I see and apply in my dream work}.

In my analysis of the Baby dream, in the first part of the analysis I sensed a personal aspect of 'keeping your true feelings locked away'. That could fit with your most recent response where you state, "I am fiercely loyal and apparently willing to suffer extreme degrees of emotional suffering before abandoning a relationship that is often toxic to me". Just as with the religious aspects you tend to hold things in instead of voicing your true feelings. This goes against the grain in many ways and is opposite what you should do in many of the experiences in your current life. I can emphasis with the feeling of having ideas but with no one who is like minded to share them with {I am in that position in my belief all dreams can be successfully analyzed/interpreted where in general the world believes dreams are still unknown and a mystery}. You can not abandoned your true self because if you do life will never reach the higher plateau you seek and should reach. There will always be an imbalance, something hiding in the dark that shadows you and seeks expression. A quote from Jung: "Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." You have to discover your true self and be that person if you are to live a balanced and harmonious life. In the end everything is psychological.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present