Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jimmy's Post 'The Hot Tub Turtles'

Jimmy,
Thanks for the detailed response. I'll give a brief response of my own and then take a look at your latest dream.

It is not often I get to have a conversation with someone who has god knowledge of Jungian psyche. I stopped trying to converse with academic types because they are so intent on the strict application of Jungian concepts. Plus few have real life experiences or intuitive mind to compliment the depth knowledge Jung provides. I feel my life experiences are largely responsible for my ability to intuitively understand dreams since many of those experiences involved emotional energies most people experience in life. I also believe my learned/developed people skills provides great insights that are helpful {I worked as a health codes inspector/enforcement for 12 years before starting a fence construction business for which I retired after 34 years}. The one thing I have learned from working with dreams that fits with life in general is good common sense goes a long way in understanding what is and what isn't.

As to the question about the phrases describing actions. When you read my analysis/interpretations you will notice how I mention my interpretation of images and actions. An image alone doesn't always provide a right direction or true description or intent of what the dream is attempting to communicate. Although I interpret an image itself I take into context the actions involved when the image appears as well as how it applies to what has been stated already in the dream. I look at a dream as a production, a script of the dreamer's emotional life. Just as a with a play or movie production there has to be a plot that comes together. Just like a good play/movie production dreams have complex twists and turns. Being a big fan of the old Sherlock Holmes movies I see myself as a sleuth of dreams, taking the available evidence as well what is not available {common sense plays well with this} and finding patterns that fit together. Dreams are like a picture puzzle with a proper place for each piece. When the pieces {images/actions} begin to fit together to form a picture then I intuitive sense a direction as well as an emotional pattern take form. An image a lone says a lot but the actions that go with the image says a lot more. As with all patterns {I'm thinking of neurons as an example} there are related actions to the central energy {the image} that allows us to understand not only the direction it is headed but from what direction it came. In dreams/psychology the foundations begin in childhood with those experiences/influences being imprinted on the psyche. Going back to the source of anything will reveal its underlying foundations, even if it does change into a butterfly from a caterpillar later in life. The image of a butterfly doesn't properly describe the intricate journey it took to reach its maturity.

As for active imagination. That is one aspect of the individuation process I have not actively investigated as a tool to wholeness. Of course just by working with dreams we are bridging conscious and the unconscious. By translating the images in dreams we are participating in active imaging but not as a meditation used in the various methods offered by different techniques. Plus I used my imagination in my web design, my creative outlet of self expression. While I was self analyzing my own life and discovering who I really am I used my websites {Myths-Dreams-Symbols in particular} as a way to express what was within. This was my path to self imaging as well as a way to be creative. Unfortunately I have had too little time in the past several months to work with my creative self and because of the demands of my dream work, caring for my cat population and maintaining a home I have lost touch with that creative self. It is there, incubating but utilizing it at this time is on the back burner.

I'll take a look at your latest dream. It will take a little time to analyze because of its length so it will be tomorrow at the earliest before I will be able to interpret the images/actions and the dream {I have begun to provide a breakdown of how I interpret the images/actions for most dreams}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present