Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Party where each person represented a different country

My username is actually "Underwater Ruin," not "Rain," but I think your interpretation is interesting and applicable. :) My fascination with the ocean as a child proceeding my actual visiting the ocean when I was 12. The ocean is simultaneously heavenly and hellish. It's heavenly with it's beauty. For example, the background image on this page. It's hellish with its dark depths, but also with its great expanses with unknowns lurking beneath.

Looking at the ocean is like looking at the stars. One feels infinity.

I would like to talk with a Jungian therapist. I will investigate your Power of Dreams website.

In this video, Dr. Peterson discusses integrating the shadow: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jung/comments/5sxzq2/jordan_peterson_integrating_your_shadow_self/. It is helping motivate me to do so.

He also discusses how people should burn off their deadwood on a regular basis, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44f3mxcsI50&t=1788s If you wait for your deadwood to accumulate, when it does burn, it will take a large amount, perhaps all, with you. It's better to take medicine on a regular basis than neglect oneself and become hospitalized.

This is a truly great idea: "Then hero in mythology is the story of the inward journey. When you go inward you become the hero in your own life."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 Male USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} 2017-06-27

Re: Party where each person represented a different country

Ruin,
Sometimes my eyesight decides me. Ruin could be as good as rain since the unconscious motivators can lead to 'ruin' in the conscious life. Underwater would then be the unconscious energies that ruin/govern the conscious actions. We all have some type of unconscious motivators and usually they begin/come from earliest childhood. Reconciling the -ruins- is what the dream is attempting to do.

To get a full understanding of the hero read Joseph Campbell. It was his The Power of Myth series of videos {with Bill Moyers} that began my journey inward and led me to discover I was an 'intuitive Jungian'. That led to years of study of Jung and all the various philosophers and thinkers associated with the psyche {Greek for soul}. The heroes of myth are the basic patterns of human behavior seeking wholeness. Luke Skywalker seeking his father {love and acceptance} is my basic pattern. Resolving the energies related to that search is how one becomes the hero in their own life. It is a journey, psychological in nature, a search of the inner world to resolve the emotional issues experienced daily in the outer world.

Note: Much of the Campbell's interview with Moyers was filmed at George Lucas' Skywalker ranch. The Star Wars trilogy is based on Campbell's Monomyth. Lucas was a student of Campbell.

As for the Peterson video. I am not big on anything religious oriented when it comes to psychology. I have not watched to the video and it may be a good source. I tend to stay strictly with bonafide Jungian authors like Robert Johnson, James Hillman and my favorite Marion Woodman. Woodman's Dreams: Language of the Soul is a must when understanding dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present