Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream of cheating and mice.

Alyssa,
I think your statement, "I am realizing it is OK to be attracted to women without that having to mean anything" is what the dream is addressing. You are learning {through therapy} to be your true self, accept who you really are {your sexuality}. In one aspect that seems to be the primary theme of the dream and it would fit with your current conscious situation of being in therapy. You are not there yet but you are progressing.

That being said that is but one issue {sexaulity}. The other is your programming and those who programmed you. I am a firm believer that all dreams have at least two meanings/applications {as did Jung}. The dream is dealing with the sexual aspects but also the foundations of your psychological makeup. It is more difficult to accept your true self because of your foundations and those people, parents and grandparents in particular, who programmed you. Resolving that aspect is as much the task as is the sexual aspects. The last part of the dream is dealing with that, the need to confront the emotional energies/people who have not provided the emotional nourishment you require. You are literally avoiding your mother but metaphorically you have yet to find resolution to that relationship {as well with others}.

Here is my analysis of the images and actions from the dream.

Title: Dream of cheating and mice
-self guilt, sexual passion, feelings of inadequacy

In my dream last night, I was sitting in a room on the couch with another woman
-spending much time examining your emotions/attitudes related to feminine aspects

I remember feeling a little bit of anxiety around my attraction to her
-anxieties related to inner feminine/emotional aspects

It was all mental… Questioning my attraction
-psychological doubts of attraction to inner and outer feminine aspects

I was holding a mouse, it must have been her pet mouse, because when it started to squirm away she told me to pick it up or It would go hide
-I was holding a mouse, it must have been her pet mouse-controlling emotions of feeling flawed/inadequate/a need for acceptance of self
-because when it started to squirm away she told me to pick it up or It would go hide-agonizing emotions that are unconsciously elevated

We then got up and walked to another room in the house, when her boyfriend and another woman walked out of the bedroom
-We then got up and walked to another room in the house-progressing and making conscious unknown aspects
-when her boyfriend and another woman walked out of the bedroom-trusted masculine aspects in relationship to who you really are

One of them was holding a basket and I noticed there was *** inside
-difficulty in controlling your emotions

I said why is there *** inside that basket
-self doubts of how you really feel

The woman I was sitting with Immediately stormed away and sadness and frustration to another room, and the other woman, who was a friend of the couples went after her
-The woman I was sitting with Immediately stormed away-aspect of conscious self causing emotional disturbance
-sadness and frustration to another room-inner aspects that dwell on the negative that cause difficulties with coping in you conscious life
-the other woman, who was a friend of the couples went after her-true self admonishing other self {not who you really are}

The man walked into the kitchen and I remember feeling relieved that he was happy that it was out in the open
-The man walked into the kitchen-being strong in your progression in search for emotional nourishment {nourishment you have not received}
- I remember feeling relieved that he was happy that it was out in the open-compensating your conscious self by being open to your true feelings/self

He said he didn’t want any secrets and he wanted it to be known
-acknowledging unconscious feelings to conscious life

I we immediately stormed away and sadness and frustration to another room, and the other woman, who was a friend of the couples went after her
-I we immediately stormed away and sadness and frustration to another room-discarding true feelings/self putting them away in conscious life
-and the other woman, who was a friend of the couples went after her-positive confrontation with true self

I then remember hearing footsteps, and I assumed it was the other woman, I remember being afraid that she would be really upset that I called her out so I left the room only to realize no one was coming and walked back into the kitchen.
-I then remember hearing footsteps-conscious stress
-I assumed it was the other woman-conscious dependence on waking self {being not who you really are}
-I remember being afraid that she would be really upset that I called her out-stressed from questioning who you really are
-so I left the room only to realize no one was coming and walked back into the kitchen-a need to confront emotional energies/people that are not providing proper emotional nourishment

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present