Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Chat With Jordan Peterson

TBH,
It will be later in the week before I will be able to provide a full analysis of your dream. In the meanwhile if the type of book in your dream was mentioned that would be helpful. Also, is there anything you have in common with Jordan Peterson {besides reading his books}? He has health issues including severe depression. In your dream it is getting dark and starting to rain which can point to the similar issues. Bumping into Jordan Peterson {a clinical psychologist who is very familiar with Jungian psyche} may be relevant to your own psychology.

As for the meaning of the quote. Peterson said, "if you want to win, you'd really want to win it". 'Win it' may be something to ponder. What could 'it' be? "you don't get it" could point to something in your unconscious {dreams are about unconscious energies} you don't understand. Psychology attempts to get to things you don't understand.

As for the quote, "if you sort of give in (the vibe I'm getting here is 'to fate / outcomes / circumstances'), you will still win but on the losing end". What is it in your life you could or need to give in to? You may be on the losing end of something in the short term but in the long run you will win. Psychologically speaking how would that fit in your life?

A full analysis will help in understanding the dream. If the questions I present have relevance knowing how they fit will be most helpful.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Gerald M Gifford
TBH,
It will be later in the week before I will be able to provide a full analysis of your dream. In the meanwhile if the type of book in your dream was mentioned that would be helpful. Also, is there anything you have in common with Jordan Peterson {besides reading his books}? He has health issues including severe depression. In your dream it is getting dark and starting to rain which can point to the similar issues. Bumping into Jordan Peterson {a clinical psychologist who is very familiar with Jungian psyche} may be relevant to your own psychology.

As for the meaning of the quote. Peterson said, "if you want to win, you'd really want to win it". 'Win it' may be something to ponder. What could 'it' be? "you don't get it" could point to something in your unconscious {dreams are about unconscious energies} you don't understand. Psychology attempts to get to things you don't understand.

As for the quote, "if you sort of give in (the vibe I'm getting here is 'to fate / outcomes / circumstances'), you will still win but on the losing end". What is it in your life you could or need to give in to? You may be on the losing end of something in the short term but in the long run you will win. Psychologically speaking how would that fit in your life?

A full analysis will help in understanding the dream. If the questions I present have relevance knowing how they fit will be most helpful.

Jerry
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the response. I'll try my best to address the things you've pointed out.

"In the meanwhile if the type of book in your dream was mentioned that would be helpful."
The book that I saw in my dream was a (maybe a cloth over) hardcover type of book in black/dark brown colour. Not awfully big, just a regular sized book. I remember flipping through the pages when I was asked to see what's in the book. It was full of words, and I saw the page number that it was over 230 something pages. Strange to see such small detail. Jordan had the same copy of book too.

"Also, is there anything you have in common with Jordan Peterson {besides reading his books}? He has health issues including severe depression. In your dream it is getting dark and starting to rain which can point to the similar issues."
Now, this is a bit tough. Obviously I do not know the man personally, and if there's anything, I think he's a man in his own league. So it never occur to me to attempt to compare myself with him. Haha. I wouldn't say that I have any serious health issues, but I do have allergic issues that causes sensative skin, itchiness, scars of that sort. Something that I just have to live with it. As for depression, I wouldn't want to throw around with that term lightly but I've been dealing with a couple of things in the past years (incidents and mistakes) that has made me unhappy, feeling useless like a piece of s***, aimless, maybe even mood killer or sometimes in a state of limbo and I would just want to disappear. These feelings do occur every now and then when those thoughts of what happened in the past comes up in my mind. Whether if that is depression or not, is something I wouldn't want to come to a quick conclusion. If there is anything in common with Jordan Peterson that would be our high regard of the bible.

"Bumping into Jordan Peterson {a clinical psychologist who is very familiar with Jungian psyche} may be relevant to your own psychology"
Perhaps you mind expanding on that, like in what sense?

"Peterson said, "if you want to win, you'd really want to win it". 'Win it' may be something to ponder. What could 'it' be? "you don't get it" could point to something in your unconscious {dreams are about unconscious energies} you don't understand. Psychology attempts to get to things you don't understand."
That is something that I would have to ponder.. There are things that I don't understand. Those things that has happened in the past that I've mentioned in the previous point.

"What is it in your life you could or need to give in to? You may be on the losing end of something in the short term but in the long run you will win. Psychologically speaking how would that fit in your life?"
Interesting that you see it in that way. I thought "if you sort of give in" would imply that I've been letting things slip out (to give in) to chance or outcomes with inaction. And if I were to follow that train of thought, then the second part of the quote becomes sort of a mystery to me. Almost like an unknown warning.

"You may be on the losing end of something in the short term but in the long run you will win."
The difficult part to grasp that sentence is that both elements of winning and losing happen at the same time in the outcome, "you will still win but on the losing end". Instead it's not losing something now and winning later in the long run. And the question is how does the second part of the quote connects with the first part of the quote and how does the second quote presents itself as an explanation to the first quote to form a coherent sense.

Other additional info that might be of help is I'm an infp person. Maybe that could influence my perception or attitude towards how I view things of things.

Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, male, Malaysia

TBH,
I appreciate the added info. The more I know about your personal life {you feel comfortable in sharing} helps with my analysis. It will be tomorrow before I am able to analyze the dream {I do so in detail, interpreting by sentence and the individual images, actions and symbols}. It can take several hours to do this.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Hi Jerry,

Sure, do take your time.

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, male, Malaysia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present