D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Am I MPD?

Hi there anne. Thanks for agreeing with me but please lets be clear here. SOME people with DID do not have any recall, SOME do. What I stated was that you have to lose time sometimes. Its one of the diagnostic criteria that if you are DID you will be forgetful beyond the normal level of forgetfulness. what that means is you will not remember some things from when you dissociated so when you are fully aware you dont remember meeting people who you have met when you were an alter, you wont remember what happened as that alter. BUT with DID there is a term called co consciousness. what that is is when a person with DID can be semi aware while they are an alter. some people discribe it like a feeling of being behind the alter and watching as the alter is talking, and doing things.

like I was saying in the above posts I wasnt saying you cant have the type of alters where you know what is going on but in DID people they lose time. losing time is not knowing what happened during a space of time that you are an alter.

Some people who are DID have no co consciousness where they have dissociative amnesia (dont know what happened)

some people have some co consciousness where they do know some of what happened while being that alter.