D.I.D. a Legitimate Diagnosis
[Message Forum]

Guestbook

I Candy Little being the only operator of this web site and Message Forum comply with C.O.P.P.A. [Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998] with the new requirements for protecting children's privacy online and understand the FTC's enforcement authority; Therefore I do not collect any type of information from children under the age of 13.

Candy Little

Copyright Statement / Privacy Statement  / Disclaimer Statement

D.I.D. A Legitimate Diagnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Totally New to this idea

I am not sure if I have DID or not but am sure I have a lot of parts inside me.
I am just looking around a bit and trying to get a handle on this.
Sometimes it seems like arguments in my head.

Re: Totally New to this idea

Today in prayer I think I am aware of at least 3 different parts.
It feels very funny talking about it.
After trying to diferentiate or try to understand each one I am so so tired.

Is anyine here?

Hi, Glad to have you here on the board! I know how confusing it can be, esspicailly when you don't even know the questions to ask. I have found that journaling was the most efective for me, as I found out alot about my life that I didn't know, just by what I was reading that others inside had written.
Good luck and if you have any questions or even want to just talk you can email me at eycn1@aol.com I'd be more than happy to help you!
Candy Little
Webmaster of MPD/DID a legitimate Diagnosis

Hello Candy,
I am glad to get a response.
I am an avid journal-er. But as I read I don't see different parts. hmmm...now that I wrote that maybe i should go re-read some? Who knows??

Anyway it is nice to "meet" you

Hi, it's good to meet you too! It does take a long time to figure out what's happening (whether you are suffering with a legitimate diagnosis or not).
The important thing is to be causious about diagnosing yourself and taking too much information (from one catagory or diagnosis) and putting you own face on it.
If you would like some help with questions that you have or just want to talk, please know that I am here to help.
Best wishes to you!
Candy

Candy,
I worry about that too. am I self-diagnosing. The mental health counselor I have been seeing thinks no DID. The prayer counselor I am going to seems to lean in the direction of DID

I kinda think Some kind of Dissacociative something but don't think to the far end of the spectrum of a separate personality. But who knows?

My memory is swiss cheese and I have no memory of severe abuse.

There is a part of me that seems to hold some memory of something that made me feel like I was going to suffocate and felt pinned down, unable to escape.

I have had recurrent nighmares as a child of being paralyzed, unable to move in the face of some terrifying thing. Also unable to scream, mouth open but no sound coming out.

Right now I am having great difficulty sleeping and having headaches.

The season has been hard. Family members visiting from out of town including one who was the "perp" of some some sexual abuse. I did get a chance to have a talk with this person and she was able to shed a little light on some of the areas of my swis cheese memory.

She also apologized for her involvement with me.

okay got to go to sleep or try to go back to sleep.

Thanks for listening.

ive been reading some of what u have all wrote above.. i am mpd/DID... ive been diagonsed so many things that i cant remember them all. my last diagnoses before i was found to be mpd. was bi polar.. lost time, switching, migraines, all this stuff, voices in my head, the arguments,... yes i felt crazy for years.. i was scared to tell anyone. when my thearpist said i was mpd.. i told her falt out "NO I AM NOT". i too have studied pyschology for years on my own.. and i had feared this.. cuz i knew it was so misunderstood and so little known about it. i feared for my own safety. but after awhile.. i broke down and told her the truth. and it felt the relief.
yes there are many diagonsis that mimic mpd. mpd is rare.. but not as rare as it once thought. think how many traumatic events u hear about children? in my case.. it was one truamtic event after another.. and even to this year... i have delt with truamtic events.
but what ever they diagonis u with.. remember.. ur not crazy.. i read what u wrote. i see a very highly intelegent person. if u was crazy.. your writting would be off the wall and just plain weird. so relax:) ur gonna be ok.. its gonna be scary till u figure out what it is.. but till u do.. just work on what needs to be work and let the diagnosis come at its own time.. take ur time.. be in no rush to find that answer.. work on what ur mind and heart and gut tells u to work on.. and u will be ok:)
loves to you and all..
stephanie

Stephanie,
Thank you for that very compasionate response. I will do my best to heed your wise advice.

D

I totally agree with stephanie! To add to that, I had been telling a good friend of mine for years and years before I was diagnosed that I felt like there was something wrong with me but I didn't think it was anything major. I had heard that I had a twin that died at birth (I really don't think so though) but that is what I zeoroed in on and thought that it was that, that was making me feel so crazy and different from other people.
I never in a million years thought that it was MPD/DID! My friend and I would watch TV shows about multiples and we often had the conversation "do you believe in it"; I actually did believe in it but at the same time never did make the connection with that and myself.
The only time it ever did cross my mind (and convinced me that I was multiple) was the day that two of my alters showed themselves to me. And then my life started making so much more sense to me.
Even though I didn't understand anything of my past or much of anything about MPD/DID, atleast I knew that it had a name and that I could get help without feeling like I would be institutionalized (if you know what I mean).
I had much more worries in my mind because of what I didn't know about myself than I ever really needed to.
I like to look at MPD/DID this way, this is the most healthiest mental condition that a person could have!
The reason for it is because with treatment, mpd/did is totally reversable (depending on how far you want to go with the healing).
Another thing that I learned is that "healing" does not necessarily mean integration! To heal is to learn how to live your life without pain and fear and without having to dissociate for every situation that you face in life.
But I think it is very important at this time to remind you what stephanie said, there are many other mental conditions that mimic MPD/DID and the most important thing is to get the correct diagnosis.
I'm sure that your mind is totally confused right now, esspicially if you've been doing a lot of research (which by the way is the best way to educate yourself and very important), but remember to take care of yourself too. Take time out to get the rest that you need because if your mind is tired, then your body will not remain in good health and if your body is tired then your mind will not reain in good health as well.
A good rule of thumb to go by is that if you "wonder whether you're crazy" then chances are that you are not! Only people who who have mental conditions that cause them to litterally be and act "crazy (for lack of a better word)" cannot comprehend the difference in "normal and abnormal".
Hope to hear from you more!
Candy

wow! im so glad that i have helped u guys out. candy. im so glad u think postive on ur mpd. so many do have negative ideas about it.. and unfortantly as do the supportive services of society and families. thank god there are web sites like this that offer supportive and encouragment to those who are unsure or are known of mpd individuals. i am going to try to post my email in this. i hope that it goes thru. if anyone has questions or like support, please feel free to contact me:) from_your_angel4@yahoo.com
stay postive!!! its a hard long road to recover such a hellious beginning. BUT!!! with all that hard work. the ending can be a happy ever after:)
stephanie

Thank you both for such encouragement.
Candy you are right about the being over tired. I do need to get more rest. My problem now is dreams and waking up so much.

When your alters first showed themselves to you how did it happen? And did you find it all consumming for a while after that?

Stephanie,
I added your screenname to my msn messenger. My screenname is HisDaughterDeb@____
So good to have people to talk to.
Debra

when "we" first realize what was going on... for "us" it was like everything we new was new again... like our apartment was new.. couldnt remember how to get home... cuz when she (my thearpist) finally broke the news... it was like a door being unlocked and all the confusion and strangness was broken... cuz normally when u dont know whats going on.. the comminication between alters is limited to the one that is mainly out... but when u find out.. that barrier is broken... and the openess of switching is more allowed... i hope that made sense...
anyways... sorry for my spelling... lack of sleep.
anyways.. differnt people have differnt things that happen to them when they first realize whats going.. people have differnt reactions when the switching takes place... i get this weird feeling.. like chills over my face... and then i just feel differnt... and then i just know who and what i am... thats basickly what it is like for me when i switch...
hope that helps you out....
stephanie

Stephanie, (and anyone else reading too)
Would you say that just "knowing" made the awareness inside more easy?
Tell me if this sounds familiar?
Since becoming aware that there are at least 2 other distinct part to me I feel like I keep hearing this one talk to me. The thing is it feel like a young girl trying to get me to let her do things.

Debra

debra:
yes its easier... what ur hearing is proably a child. dont be frighten!!! its ok.. alot of mpd people have children inside.. they are also known as littles... if she is talking to u.. let her know u hear her.. talk to her.. see what u can find out... be gentle just like u would a kid... but also be prepared for the answers cuz they will be sounding like a kid.. but sometimes those kids are smarter than most adults!!!!
if u like and you have yahoo messanger.. please add me.. from_your_angel4@yahoo.com
i hope this helps ya out!
stephanie

I did add you. I have Windows Live messenger which is supposed to allow me to talk to folks on Yahoo messenger too.
Maybe we will be able to talk some time.

Stephanie you hit the nail right on the head when you said "normally when u dont know whats going on.. the comminication between alters is limited to the one that is mainly out... but when u find out.. that barrier is broken... and the openess of switching is more allowed"!
That's brilliant, I've been trying to figure out why our alters began to switch more readily after our diagnosis and I never thought of it that way. Thanks!!!
Debra, that's why it's so important to listen to more than one survivors story because each one of us have a different story and we all have so many different levels of knowledge of our "systems".
The first time I saw our alters is when I knew that I needed desparately to get to a doctor.
I had been going through this mental breakdown for two weeks and couldn't sleep or eat and I was so exhusted. I was in the livingroom by myself and just couldn't take it anymore and I litteraly leaned on the back of the reclyner and just said outloud "oh God please help me" and at that very moment it was like a window opened in my mind and saw two of my alters right there in my sight.
It was our ballarena and she poped up in the middled of my head right in my vision and above my left eyebrow (inside of course) was a little man and was sitting at a desk and shuffling papers. The faster she spun around, the faster he would shuffle the papers and my mind and body reacted in the same speed. It was very nausiating becuase she was right in my vision and she made me extremely dizzy and then the next day they both moved in slow slow motion and my mind and body could not move any faster than they were. I have no idea how I got to church that morning but I know that I was there. I called our primary care physician on Monday morning and they let me come right in. She referred me to the psychiatrist (who is able to write out our perscriptions) and he referred me to our therapist.
When she told us the diagnosis, I wasn't surprised at all and that's only because of our ballerena and little man a week ahead of that day. In fact it was quite refreshing to finally put a name to a life of caos and confusion. I'm not saying that I was glad, just extatic to know that I was not alone.
Also another factor was that finally I had someone (our therapist) on our side who believed me and everyone "inside" and was right there for us even after hours a few times.
We finally had a name and a plan and here we are eleven years later feeling so much happier and physically healthier. We've learned how to cope with life's little ups and downs without dissociating so much and we remember most everything that we say and do now. We started therapy with over fifty alters and have had some alters integrate into clusters automatically. We've never tried to integrate, we just let it happen if it's going to.
Well I guess that's a little more info. than you asked for but when I get started it's hard for me to stop LOL
It helps me to listen to other multiples because it reminds me of where I've come from and I believe that remembering keeps me grounded so that I can help the survivors who write to me for support.
Keep writing and asking questions because there are so many questions to be asked in the field of MPD/DID and we have to learn from each other.
The most important thing is to STAY SAFE!
Have a wonderful day!
Later!
Candy

im so glad!!! way to go CANDY!

i started a website sorta like this one that has a forum on it.. and it also has a chat room.. so that way u can talk to mpd's more at once.. its really new and im trying to get it out as much as possible...
the site is www.igotmpd.com plz check it out..
i want to put mpd poetry on it and mpd art work on it..
anyways... to be honest about my mpd.. i still have tons of problems still. mainly it deals with sexual issues, and how my bf deals with it.. he really has a tough time dealing with one minute i can be so loving and caring.. and the next im not so loving.. and then back to it then.. i switch again and im totally not loving at all.. and he's handling the fact that i have men in my head pretty well.. he trys to bring out my steven when we play ps2 golf. infact. he himself has mpd. so it gets pretty "crowded" in this house !
anyways... i hope all have a good year! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! hugs always...
stephanie

Tjank you so much for your responses
At the moment I amoverwhelmed with all the issues in my life and I can't stop crying right now.

I will be back when I am able to focus or maybe when whoever it is that can deal with tthis tuff is here i don't know I jsut know I am am ess right now.....

u poor thing...
that website does have a chat room in there... ill try to be in the chat room betwen 8 pm to 10 pm...
the website...
www.igotmpd.com
hang in there sweety... it will get better!!!
love always...

That's perfectly understandable Debra! Tears are good when we can't rid our emotions in any other way. I hope that you rest well and remember, baby steps! We'll be here waiting for you, no matter how long it takes.
Have a restful nights sleep!
Candy

It has been a long very hard day.

New Years eve the manager for my department at work was in a horrible motercycle accident and she died yesterday.
She had been on life support until they were able to retrieve her organs as per her wishes.
Working today was kinda like walking in a fog. As long as we were working steady it seemed okay but each time any of us sat down at a desk we would think of her and ....well it was a tough day.
We have no idea when the funeral will be since her husb who was driving the bike when the wheel blew out or malfunctioned or whatever was re-hospitalized today for his injuries.

The whole department is in shock. Keep us in your prayers.

I have a prayer session tomorrow and have an appt with my counselor Tuesday. I have had so much coming up in me lately that I really need help sorting it out.

Thanks guys for being here for me.
Debra

oh debra.. im so sorry!!!
many prayers for u and ur co workers and to the family!! if this brings up any sort of inner issues!! please feel free to contact me!!!!
tons of hugs ur ways!
stephanie

I am sad. I am so so sad for her family. She brings her granddaughter to work all the time. But internally I don't think it will bring up toomuch. The only thing is I am usually able to stay focused at work. This is making it hard.

if this grandbaby does interfer with ur work u have the right to ask her to keep the young one out of the office.. but for at least a couple of days let her have her there... she might not be able to find a baby sitter at this time...or is using the little child for comfort. but if its becomming a problem where u can not preform ur job. write a letter, do it annoymous one. and state kindly that having a child in the office or at ur work place tho u know she i having a hard time... is making ur job harder to do. use kindness! so she wont feel more hurt by it!! but will have more understanding...
anyways... sorry ur going thru such a rough time!!!
HUGS

Stephanie,
I am sorry I was not clear. The lady who died used to bring her grnad daughter to work with her. I am feeling sad thinking about the little girl losing her grandmother.

What I meant was that my own internal conflicts are really stirred up right now having really only concretely accepted that there are distinct other "parts" or "alters" (whatever I will call them) inside.

So since everyone is kinda in shock at work it is making work kind of hard and harder still for me since I was already having trouble dealing with the "noise" in my head.

Since really accepting this little girl who I know holds some secret (Hope) and the young girl/guard/protector (Beth) I am hearing so much more noise in my head.

does that explain things better?

Thanks so much for caring though and taking time to respond to me.

Did I ask you if you are a Christian or not?

Debra

Hi Debra! I'm so sorry to hear about the manager at your place of employement! I can really relate to the numb feeling throught the workplace as we lost several of our co-workers at different times. I can still remember how quiet everyone was for the first few days. My prayers go out to you, your co-workers, and the managers family.
I wonder if maybe it might help if you all were to maybe plant a tree on the property in her name or something else to give you all a chance to memorialize her. Just a suggestion!
When the noise in your head gets to be too much, you might try to ground yourself by tugging on your earlobe or rubbing your hands together or shuffling your feet on the floor. This should bring you more into your "real" surroundings.
I hope you have a good nights sleep and much better tomorrow! Let us know when the funeral is and we'll be glad to take a moment of silence at that time!
I'm so glad that you're here on the board, it is really a pleasure talking to you and Steph!
Thank you for making the new year a happy one for me!
Sending you lots of thoughts, prayers and pretty sparkles.
CAndy

im sorry debra that i misunderstood.. i hope i didnt offend u in anyway...
when i get a bunch of noise going on in my head... i do the white paper thing... u picture a white piece of paper.. and focus on it.. trying to make it bigger and bigger in my head... till i no longer see images and my brain can only think white... it usualy works...
candy's idea works.. my thearpist always ask.. are u in ur shoes? kinda a funny thing to ask.. but it was her way of making sure i was ok before i left her office...
anyways.. once again im sorry i misunderstood...
HUGS

u asked me if i was a christian.. i do my best not to judge and to accept everyone... im not perfect... but i do my best... so i hope that in god's eyes im doing my best to be a christian.

Ya'll have been so great to talk to as I am learning about me---all of me.

Thanks for the love and sparkles too Candi.
The funeral is Sat at 2 pm est

Stephanie,
No I wasn't offended at all I just saw i had not been clear.
About the Christianity thing I just couldn't remember.
I am in the midst of prayer ministry and this is when the alters are coming so clear to me. That is when i really see/hear/sense them.
I am wondering if any of you have had this experience of letting your inner selves trust Jesus and not even sure ya'll believe in Jesus.

I really hope I am not triggering you also even by asking.

Deb

k... im going to open up and tell u something... i dont care what anyone thinks of this... i know its true.. this is how i KNOW that god exists.. and has a sense of humor!!!
when i was 18 or 19 proably 19.. my bf at the time was extremely abusive... i finally told god... look u dont exist.. u can go f@#k urself.. u are nothing to me.. etc. well i truley ment it. i truley thought there was no god. i was hurt ****** off cuz i couldnt believe that if god DID exist that this crap would stop.
well... i guess god wanted to show me up.. cuz one day i was walking back to the store, and i went to just simply jump off the side walk on the street.. and all of sudden... everything disapeared... all i could feel.. sense were angels lifting me up and carrying me!!!!! just like jesus arms where stretched out on the cross .. mine were like that and they carried me!!! then i started to feel myself being lowered gently.. and when i opened my eyes back to the "real" world.. i was accross the street and on the 3rd sidewalk block!!! and as my feet finally gently touched the ground.. i stopped.. looked up.. and all i could say was "thank you!" then i started to laugh... and said to god..."ok!!! u win!!! i know ur real.. but it still dont mean im gonna like what ur doing up there!"
guess good ol' god told me off
so yes deb... GOD HAS helped me in many ways.. ive learned to shut up and just trust him... not too worry so much cuz HE WILL take care of me... yes i will still experience horrible things in my life and at times... i scream at him... and tell him ive had enough.. i keep doing this.. im too exhuasted... but i know in me truley .. even at those bad times just barely... he hears me.. and trust in him.. i listen to him when he says "go". for everytime he has said "go" ive helped my friend out of a abusive relationship.. met the guy i am with now.. who is the only one ive been with who is truley been there for me.. good things come to me when i hear the word "go".
so yeah... god has helped me out termendously.. and no sweety.. u didnt trigger anything yes i was hurt in one foster home by "cult abuse"... but even they couldnt stop me at that age of loving god.. ( i call him daddy blushes)
i know what i wrote above, alot of people think im nuts... or in their in opinion that was the devil at play.. i just look at them say.. think what u want... it was the biggest gift i ever got from god.. bigger than my children... and i hardly believe it was the devils play.. if it was.. well the jokes on him cuz it made me closer to god... (that usualy shuts them up )
tons of hugs!!!

I was just telling my cousin tonight that you can not argue with experience. We can argue theology or religion but not experience.

I am so glad to know you believe in God.

Debra

ty deb!!!!!! for not judging me on that:) ment alot!!! tons of hugs!!!!
stephanie

Thanks Debra for the date and time, I'll be sure to take a moment and be silent at 2:00 tomorrow!
Stephanie, I know what a miracle you must have experienced. I believe very much that God sends his angels to help us, in fact I had a very awesome one of my own.
My dad was so wonderful to me and when I was with him was the only times that I felt safe and could let my guard down. I was a little girl, maybe 3 or 4 and I was so exhausted because of the stress that I was under and my dad took me to church every Sunday but this special Sunday I was even more exhausted than usual.
I was leaned up against him in the back pew and all of a sudden I came out of my body and went to the ceiling of the sanctuary and hoovered there for "I don't know how long".
I remember looking over into the balcony (where the bigger kids would sit with the preachers wife) and one boy was twiddling his thumbs and another boy was leaned over looking at the floor and swinging his feet back and forth.
It felt so good to be up there, I felt so light and didn't feel the heavyness of the weight of my body or the sorrow and depressions and all the other negative emotions and I truely felt like I had a choise to go or stay there and keep strugling. The urge to give up and embrase the peace and light of God was almost overwhelming and I do believe that I would have gone on but the lady playing the organ started it up and it startled me and I went plumyting back down to my body so my chance to die was gone. I wasn't really sure if I had dreamed it or it really happened so after church was over and we were leaving the sanctuary I stood by the stairs to see if those two boys really were up there and sure enough they both came down the stairs, wearing exactly what I saw them wearing.
I guess because of my dear sweet dad introducing me to God and showing me the joys of life was all I had to hang onto when I was alone with my mom. And when she'd go into her rages and crazy acting I would pray to God to "help me" and it would be right after I would say that prayer that I would have the energy to run and hide.
The way I think of it is, I believe that I'm a much stonger person today because of what I went through and depended on God for my emotional nurturing.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Candy

that sounded awesome!!!!! wow!
hope u all have a good weekend!!!!!
HUGS
stephanie

You too stephanie!

What a day!
I am so tired. I feel emotionally exhausted. I just came fome a support group I go to for something other than this issue but I spilled my guts and told them all that is going on.
Nobody got up and ran out of the room and they did not call the men in white coats to take me away.

So how are ya'll doing?

Deb

LOL ... im going to the men in whites coats tomorrow morning... going to get help... been too sick from all the stress... and the hell of memories that are flooding back... and relationship issues .. etc etc... so i wont be around for awhile... im so tired....
im proud of u... u stood up and faced ur fears... so proud!!!! that is not easy... and i have much respect for u... way to go sweety!!!!
anyways... ill see u all when i get back.. hopefully in about 2 weeks... wish me luck.. and that this place is just as good as the one i went to in PA or better!!!!
love yas!
stephanie

Stephanie,
I hope I did not offend. I will miss you. Take care of yourself. I will be praying for you.

Debra

LOL oh no!!! it was joke!!! no offense taking:P... but ty for thoughts!!!! tons of hugs!!!! ill be back soon.. just waiting for my kid to wake up so we can get goin... love u alls.. and best wishes!!! hang in there guys!!! tons of hugs!!
stephanie

See ya soon steph!

Oh, it looks like I missed the chance to tell Stephanie bye! I sure hope everything goes well with her!
Debra, that was awesomely brave of you! You never know who you are reaching out to by telling your story and it might even bring you closer to the ones in the group too.
I told my Sunday School class about our alters and everything and come to find out one of the ladies in the class had found out just weeks before that, that her mom was diagnosed with MPD/DID.
It helped both of us to have someone to share our stories with!
I'm so happy for you!
CAndy

I am feeling very little and almost in a panic at the moment. I am trying to stay grounded here and not flip out I know what part of me wants to come out but she is not good for me and goes against my beliefs.

I have a prayer session in a little over an hour so gonna try to hold on.

Hello!!!
Just dropped by to say HI!

Anybody here?

Hi Debra! I haven't been online in a few days, I'm getting all caught up from the holidays. I'm so sorry that you were having such a bad time the other day, are things any better now?
Just hang in there, there will be moments like this and it was so good that you had the prayer session to go to so you could get away from "the moment".
Do you suffer with these attacks often? I remember when I used to have panic, anxiety attacks so bad that I would have to run out of the house and get a breath of fresh air.
I can't remember, have I talked to you about how to relax? The technique is basically self hynosis and you've probably been doing it all your life. It's a good technique but when I was first in therapy it was so hard to "remember" to go in when I needed to get control.
My therapist would remind me that I could go in and fix it but when you're all alone, it's hard to get enough mental stamina to be able to think what to do.
Anyway I hope you're doing much better now!
I'll talk to you later!
Stay Safe!
Candy

HIDE ALL THE CHOCOLATE!!! IM BACCKKKK!! lol... went to the pysch ward.. and it has helped me out termeoundously.. im sorry u guys had such a hard time... i wish i was there to help u! anyways... love to u all..HUGS

I am doing okay. No I don't have panic happen too much. I want to medicate though in ways that are not good for me.
What do you mean about go in and fix it?

:::See me scooping upp all my chocolate bars and hiding them under my bed...no in the closet...no garage....ah I give up Help your self Steph!::::

I am glad you are home. How did it go? what happens there anyway? If you are okay talking about it.

Deb

thanks......hmmmm chocolate
if u go the pysch ward on the east coast.. i know for a fact.. u will get the best pysch care!! that place was awesome!!!!! great support... a great team to help you find the resources that u need, yes i got on meds.. im on zyprexa cuz i had problems eating... amd sleeping... they have groups there... arts and crafts.. which the kids inside... loved dearly!!!
but to be honest.. most of the people there didnt belive i had mpd... but!!! even tho they said they didnt believe it... they still supported me, NOW thats some great pysch care!!!
but man it feels good to be home.. but i walked into flu hell.. everyone here is sick... looks like doctor mom needs to come out and take care of her family..
by the way... i finally feel like i have family now.. it feels good to say that
anyways... i hope i answered ur questions...
how are medicating urself sweety?
stephanie HUGS!!!

Stephanie, it's good to have you back on board, sounds like you have a wonderful support system.
Debra you asked what I meant when I said "go inside"; well by that I mean to realax (close your eyes and concentrate on what is inside your mind, whether it be voices that hear, issues that you need to think about and fix or anything else inside your mind that needs a little TLC).
I'm sure that you've already been doing it all your life (self-hypnosis) but just didn't know what it was called. I can tell you from my own experience that it's when we take those moments in the day and our mind just wonders off, kind of like your mind is so tired and it's retreating to it's own "lounge" if you know what I mean. Everybody "relaxes/shelf-hypnoses", it's just that we survivors have trained our minds to do it on a regular schedule without even knowing when we're doing it.
Does that make sense?
Let me know!
Have a wonderful day!
Candy

yeah i get it.. its like lightswitch inside and when things get too much.. it turns off... its been a big issue between my bf and i. yes it does make sense.
ty by the way... im glad it went better than i expected.
HUGS
stephanie

I am sorry I seem to be mixed up sometimes.
I am not sure what you mean about going inside still. I am sure it will come to me.

Hmmmm ok let me see if I can explain it in a different way!
Have you ever had a situation where you weren't sure what to do? And then maybe you go sit down or take a walk and begin to think to yourself about the issue at hand and the more you think about it and how to resolve the issue, it all of a sudden begins to make sense and you can come up with a solution to the problem?
Well that's kind of what I mean by going in and fixing it; only with multiples there are other alters in the mind who have opinions and ideas that are not readily available to every alter or even the original person of the body. It's basically the same thing as "thinking about the issue and figureing out what to do about something" but in our case we have to go inside (relax) and find the alter who is in charge of the particular issue at hand.
Oh boy have I just confused you even more??? I sure hope not!!!
Let me know if this makes any sense to you at all, if not I'll try to come up with something else that will make sense. Maybe Stephanie could help me explain it too.
Have a wonderful day!
Candy

1 2