Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sinisa's Dream-Gerard

Here is a dream that is full of archeypal symbolism. I encourage other Forum contributors to take a look at the dream and offer their insights. I sense a true 'heroic' adventure being played out in this dream, and in the life of the dreamer. My original posted dream and interpretation can be found in the post May's Winners of 'A Dictionary of Dream Symbols'....Gerard

The Dream

In my dream I was on a different plane

Dream starts as I look at the sky, it was twilight and ancient spaceships were moving through our atmosphere, going away on movement in space or to some other world. Everything around me was in black, blue, red and white color. There was me as 25 or maby older, as sharp and dark demon or angel, I was standing in front of the water, the tree was above me giving me shadow from moonlight. I looked at spaceships and said 'One day my time will come.'. ..now dream made a jump.. And I was commanding my own ancient spaceship. It was huge, ancient flying palace, runned by source magick. I was only one abord and looked little older. My ship was one of the convoy of ships. We moved silently and compassionately through space to our destination. ..this is little blurry.. last thing I remember from that part was that we entered into crack between dimensions in space. ..again I remember blurry... next thing I remember was that I fall from some structure, structure that occupies all space above. It looked I fall on 1 level down from some megastructure complex. I was black and blue devil or angel, I had black wings. Every were around me were piles of bones, corpses and skeletons of creatures same as me. Nothing else, and they were every were. I started to walk in one direction through that open mass tomb. ..next I remember.. I was moving, I was pulled through space between two parallel plane structures, I entered an opening in the structure, then another opening in structure plate, then another, every one of the structure plates was different... then I fight to one structure plate with enormous number of small 10cm2 plates, the whole plate was made of it... so I was floating in vacuum in front of that structure, there was no end or begining of it, and all structure was made of that little plates. Then I looked little closer and I comed to ideal that those plates were signatures of people who came his way before me. Instantly structure made a plate for me. With my finger I wrought simbols on in, and structure pulled me in. ...after that I remember this... I was running upwards on some kind of mountain made just of rock or steel, running like hell upwards... then I remember this... I was sitting at the top of the mountain and I was protecting big white egg with my body, giving it warmth and protection. I was saying to it, 'Come on, come on, come on, ...' I looked around and the top of the mountain was just entrance to new level of structure. It looked like Im sitting on a island and the abyss around me was lake, more like I was on a island in water filled meteor crater, not big I could fly over the abyss in few sec. If I was on the island then on the shore were creatures same like me, quite a bunch of them. The only difference between us was that they were on the shore and I was on the island protecting egg. They were jelling at me, and then egg started to hatch. In that egg was I and I flew over the abyss into that crowd.... next I remember... I was in that crowd of same creatures like me... I was looking at the sky. There was no way out, so I flew up to the sky, lightnings crashed in me, but I still went up. Then I was on the cloud, gray clouds, and black above me. On the clouds was woman same species like me , looking at me. I dont remember anything else.
thanks
take care
Sinisa

Gerard's Interpretation

Sinisa,

I get the impression your dream is addressing your current life and what you want to make of your future. But there are unconscious obstacles, or at least impediments {barriers} to those desires for your future. It may be your current situation is not as 'alive' as it could be {possibility the conditions in which you are living your life in the present}. The skeletons may be unconscious, or they could be real {could it have to do with the turmoil in your country of Croatia?}.

There may be feelings or actual experiences of having to constantly endure barriers and obstacles that prevent you from achieving your desired goals in life. You are having to climb 'mountains' to get to that desired place {plate, which is a circle, a symbol for wholeness}.

I get the sense you are aware of the 'hero path' and you are consciously aware of your journey. You may have already crossed over many barriers but protecting your position. But as with the hero journey, once you have reached one level of consciousness {and perhaps personal achievements} you find there are new levels to transcend. The abyss is one level of the hero journey, a level of attainment that comes after conquering many of the challenges of your life's journey {and personal journey}.

When we reach the Abyss, we face the greatest challenge of the journey. The challenge is so great at this point that we must surrender ourselves completely to the adventure and become one with it. In the Abyss we usually face our greatest fear, and we must face it alone. Here is where he must "slay the dragon", which often takes the shape of confrontation we dread, a great fear we have repressed or deep need we must resolve

Perhaps you are at that stage of final transformation. That comes after you overcome your fears and the abyss {it often takes more than one attempt}. It may be your life situation {your actual living conditions} are preventing you from that final attainment. Or it could be your own personal barriers {psychological}. You can sense the ultimate goal, your greatest achievement, but have yet to reach it. It stands above you, an unconscious sense of knowledge that is not yet obtainable due to some reasons in your life {personal or cultural}. And it is in the form of the feminine, the highest attainable aspect of the psyche.

There is a lot of archetypal symbolism in your dream. I sense you are aware of the hero journey {have you studied Jung, or Campbell, or some other teacher with similar knowledge?}. At 25 you have begun your journey early in life and are aware of it. But it remains elusive, as it does for most. My sense is that is because of situations beyond your control that is mostly to blame. I believe it is not so much the ability to recognize the stages but something material that prevents your final transformation. Perhaps if you would provide more about your personal life we will be able to better understand what those may be. Anyone familiar with world affairs knows of Croatia's struggle over the past decade. Does that have anything to do with your final transformation?

Input on this dream from other Forum contributors is encouarged. This dream is full of archetypal symbolism and I sense a real conscious awareness on the part of the dreamer {Sinisa}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Sinisa's Dream-Gerard

A correction. Instead of archetypal symbolism, a better term would be archetypal patterns or universal themes.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

sorry for not responding earlier, I dont use comp at home, and there was 4 days of country holly days

First I have to say, thank you for your explanation of my dream, although you didnt say much about my dream, or what parts of it means

I will say that my 'situation' have nothing with war in Croatia, as for myself and my experiences, if my father didnt gone for 6 months or year or more and I didnt watched television, and I eat only fish for an year, I couldnt say that stupid people of Serbia invaded Croatia
...and now I think it never happened

as for my dream...
I was pulled through all dream, I didnt do anything, I thought that only thing I did was left my simbols on that wall, nothing else, but it not seams to me that all that was an movie

the only thing that I was interested in in that dream was that girl
she waited me on a gray cloud, and her face wasnt happy at all

Before I had all memory loss and now after grasp of amnesia leted me go a little I have some dreams about her again

her unhappy face was the only thing what Im interested in, why it is unhappy? like she is saying it isnt time jet

I read on this forum that grey is not so good colour

first I have to say I would go forever without thinking or knowing about here if she dont she manifest from time to time in my dreams with an unhappy face

I will be specific and exact... her face looks like I miscalculated her numbers

So I will say what I think

1. all my dreams are fake - someone other that me is projecting these dreams in my head

- prof... there was an period of my life an year, two or eternity where I did not have dreams at all... and after several encounters with that girl (wich exist here and not part of the dreams) I got them back... first totaly blurred and I couldnt use my brain, then little better, then more better

- the level of my clarity, usage and vision of my brain is controled

- as in dreams, so in everyday life

2. all life around me is fake

so why is she unhappy, you mentioned before 25

well peace
Sinisa

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Croatia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

sorry I corrected errors

Hi Gerard,

sorry for not responding earlier, I dont use comp at home, and there was 4 days of country hollydays

First I have to say, thank you for your explanation of my dream, although you didnt say much about my dream, or what parts of it means what

I will say that my 'situation' have nothing with war in Croatia, as for myself and my experiences, if my father didnt gone for 6 months or year or more and I didnt watched television, and I eat only fish for an year, I couldnt say that stupid people of Serbia invaded Croatia
...and now I think it never happened

as for my dream...
I was pulled through all dream, I didnt do anything, I thought that only thing I did was left my simbols on that wall, nothing else, but it now seams to me that all that was an movie

the only thing that I was interested in that dream was that girl
she waited me on a gray cloud, and her face wasnt happy at all

Before I had all memory loss and now after grasp of amnesia leted me go a little I have some dreams about her again

her unhappy face was the only thing what Im interested in, why it is unhappy? like she is saying it isnt time jet

I read on this forum that grey is not so good colour

first I have to say I would go forever without thinking or knowing about her

I will be specific and exact... her face looks like I miscalculated her numbers

So I will say what I think

1. all my dreams are fake - someone other that me is projecting these dreams in my head

- prof... there was an period of my life an year, two or eternity where I did not have dreams at all... and after several encounters with that girl (wich exist here and not part of the dreams) I got them back... first totaly blurred and I couldnt use my brain, then little better, then more better

- the level of my clarity, usage and vision of my brain is controled

- as in dreams, so in everyday life

2. all life around me is fake

so why is she unhappy, you mentioned before 25

I think that various lences or matrix-es are covered infornt of my mind, holding me in prison, I will say like one cell wich I will call me is in egg shell, and that egg shell can be or will do whatever somone who can controll it want

well peace
Sinisa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Gerard and sinisa,

Just reading through this dream there are some very archtypal symbols at play, and though not having looked at it fully, when reading the one thing that struck me about the dream was the dropping down through the levels, and planes into a level of a more earthly existence.

My first impression was is this dream describing the incarnation or birthing process in some way. 'We moved silently and compassionately through space to our destination'

"last thing I remember from that part was that we entered into crack between dimensions in space. ..again I remember blurry.."

Is this the veil of amnesia?

"Then I looked little closer and I comed to ideal that those plates were signatures of people who came his way before me. Instantly structure made a plate for me. With my finger I wrought simbols on in, and structure pulled me in."

The mark of the souls signature on the book of life or the akashic records before incarnation

"I was sitting at the top of the mountain and I was protecting big white egg with my body, giving it warmth and protection. I was saying to it, 'Come on, come on, come on, ...' I looked around and the top of the mountain was just entrance to new level of structure. It looked like Im sitting on a island and the abyss around me was lake, more like I was on a island in water filled meteor crater, not big I could fly over the abyss in few sec. If I was on the island then on the shore were creatures same like me, quite a bunch of them. The only difference between us was that they were on the shore and I was on the island protecting egg. They were jelling at me, and then egg started to hatch. In that egg was I and I flew over the abyss into that crowd.... next I remember... I was in that crowd of same creatures like me... I was looking at the sky. There was no way out, so I flew up to the sky, lightnings crashed in me, but I still went up. Then I was on the cloud, gray clouds, and black above me. On the clouds was woman same species like me , looking at me."

"They were Yelling at me, and then egg started to hatch. In that egg was I and I flew over the abyss into that crowd"

Birthing process either of this incarnation or previous incarnation detailing also the life lessons currently at play. When reading this there seems a certain stress and need or hurry rather to birth,

"next I remember... I was in that crowd of same creatures like me... I was looking at the sky. There was no way out, so I flew up to the sky, lightnings crashed in me, but I still went up. Then I was on the cloud, gray clouds, and black above me. On the clouds was woman same species like me , looking at me. I dont remember anything else."

The souls conflict between wanting to return to the source 'There was no way out' and the current archtypal life lesson one is playing out in relflected by energy of the climatical conditions which suggest Sinisa, that possibly your emotional life has been fraught with ups and downs the stormy climate relfects more on your own emotional climate, remember the dream is all about the dreamer this is your energy that you are giving birth to in the dream 'Hatching' you have set these conditions, or rather these conditions that you find yourself in go right back to the conditions around your own birth. how was your birth?, do you know much about it, was there any trauma at all during this time? did both your parents attend? was there any immediate trauma after the birth?

These are just some avenue that I would explore if the dream was mine, Taking the premise that the dream is about the dreamer then the girl sitting on the clouds is representing some part of your essential emotional self, the storm and colours of dark and grey signify or allude more to the state of your emotions, or emotional tendencies that my guess would be you have had for a very long time, to the point you may not even know them personally. Using a meatphor to explain this you could say a fish does not know its in water until taken out of the water, like wise one does not allways have a sense of their deepest emotional life until one experiences another way of being.

Asking yourself or viewing yourself in the past how do find your life, are you emotionally fullfilled?, or do you feel fraught with fear and other debilitating emotions? May give you a more objective sense on your emotional life and you may even see how in some ways the girl is like you, or you are like the girl in your dream, remeber she is a reflection of you, after all you attributed her characteristics to her in YOUR dream.

With the sense of urgency that prevailed in the birthing process you may also find as a result that you have a sense of constant urgency in your life to do things to get things done out of the way?. how long was your mum in labour for? Did they try to speed it up, was you a premature baby or have to be born through cesarian due to some complication?

Our birth deeply affects us in the patterns and tendencys that we develop as we mature through childhood into adulthood, we carry all the unconscious memorys of these conditions in our being, and our births again are again a reflection of our willingness to incarnate. Just some food for thought and only my views. Take from it only what feels right to you.

Best of everything Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Sinisa,
In addtion to wonderful insights from Marce and Gerard...

Do you enjoy science fiction and/or anime comic books, books, movies, etc?

The dream may describe a need or desire to master a subject and perhaps conscious or unconscious doubt of ability to do so. Is there something you've been working to achieve on a master level that requires deeply intense involvment, committment and perhaps more than you consciously believe you can accomplish? Perhaps a perception or actually is an infinite series without limit?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Sinisa,
You think your dreams are fake? Also, the memory loss and amnesia. That is entering into areas of something totally different from normal waking dreams {reminds me of some of Jung's patients who had mental disorders yet had very well formed dreams with archetypal symbolism}. Your statement 'someone other that me is projecting these dreams in my head' may be pointing to the memory loss/amnesia {characterized as a 'mental' disorder}. And the facts are you dream every night, everyone does {this has been proven in the laboratory}. You just don't remember your dream, a common occurrence. Or it could have to do with your memory loss. Or you were in an unconscious state of being where you did not dream {different from the unconscious world of sleep}.

The fakeness you point to would be appropriate if you feel everything around you in your life is fake. Your dreams reflect how you truly feel, your true emotions.

You may very well be in a prison of sorts. Within your own mind. It could have to do with the memory loss {how did that come about}. The 'someone' who controls your mind is not about someone else but about yourself. This again is probably addressing the memory loss answer, the cause for it.

I believe you are expecting too much from a dream interpretation, especially with all that is unknown about your personal life. I suggest you read more about Jungian dream psychology { that is what MDS is all about} and then re-assess your opinions about dreams. And clarification about the memory loss would help. The more known about the dreamer the more we look for in the dream.

Your response did answer questions about the archetypal patterns, at least in my mind. My statement earlier about Jung's patients who had clear
archetypal symbolism in their dreams seem to fit you. It reaches deep down into the abyss, the deepest unconscious that the dream has no awareness of consciously. Your traumatic experiences may have put you in a 'place' where the symbolism was addressing your life, but in terms other than what you realize your life to be. These are archetypal in nature because they bring up the most primitive parts of the psyche, parts that address your life conditions but in the deepest sense. I see it as being on a cliff, hanging on to life but with the possibilities of great discoveries if you can survive. I don't expect you to understand where I am coming from since you do not have a lot of knowledge of Jungian dream psychology. Hopefully you will read more about thees things and it will become clearer.

As for Marce's response. Knowing there was memory loss/an traumatic experience in life would have been helpful in the original dream post. I haven't dissected the whole response but did notice the mention of memory loss. Marce's response most likely and correctly addresses this dream in a Jungian view. But the traumatic injuries {and not knowing of them from the original dream post} must be addressed to accurately understand the dream. At least that is how I view the dream and the waking conditions of Sinisa's life. What we don't know seems to be more important than what we do know about Sinista.

Gerard

Hi Sinisa

what a trip your dream was - I note that you are interested in the woman in the clouds ,,,, wait a bit. (Look at some older paintings - there are often people in the clouds).

Dreams being put into you + everything being fake ::::::::::> well that is so. In a sense this world is not real.
In a sense - dreams are put into us ,,, and yet everyone has them (so are we all crazy) and yet MOST people now do not listen to their dreams or even know they dream. So from this perspective your dream of the open burial ground is accurate of life today, life as it is for most people> However in the dream you were alive. Do you get it ??? You ARE living in a different reality to most people -OR - you have at least been exposed to how things are in another reality ,,,

And so to the women in the clouds - 'you have mis-calculated her' > there are always many levels of meaning to dream symbols - at least i) the personal meaning and ii) the more global meanings ,,

So - on the personal - who is this lady in the clouds for you ,,, your mother ?? or your perception of your mother - have you miscalculated her? or is it your own inner feminine that you have gotten wrong?
- on the global - she reminds me of the 'dark feminine' : the one who must be obeyed and served; she who rules the Earth - and is now needing to correct the problems of the world. In Europe she was known as the Dark Madonna ,,,

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

well my story is too long, and you all know the basic

Marce,

Amnesia - artificial program implanted in your head, wich basic is forgetting after t < 1s, t > 1s... Im now on about 4-5s

for birth you talking about - they say Im not alive, and my birth is like you say 25 (and I heard V number to much times in my life)

Kathy,

to say a thing like that
I have no comment (cause Im cutting my bad word vocabulary)

Gerard,

of course Im in a prison, I was just in number 8 for so long that I forgot that I even walked

and also Im asking You not Joung

Justin,

Im not interested in woman on grey cloud, she is interested for me

waiting - and a prisoner do what?

Sinisa,
You need to be less antagonistic in your response. We want to help you but adversarial comments do not help. Your posts are not always clear, your written English is hard to understand. If you wish to continue the dialog please do so with respect to those offering their advice.

Gerard

Sinisa,
There was nothing in my post, either overt or implied, that would illicit such a response from a rational person. I take great care to be understanding and accepting of everyone on the forum, and in life in general. I do thank you for not responding as you felt compelled as this is a public forum open to people of all ages.

Romanticization glorifying your self as ideal is irrational. If you choose not to apply thorough examination and rational thought to your life and insights offered by those that both support and encourage others to seek their own path that is of course your choice.

Perhaps now is the time to seek professional psychological help.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

just wanted to thank you, I got your book yesterday
and Im very excited to read it when I get home

peace
Sinisa

Sinisa,
Thanks Sinista for letting us know you did receive your copy of 'A Dictionary of Dream Symbols' by Eric Ackroyd. It took almost two months before Justin received his copy {he lives in Australia}. I had stopped offering the monthly prize because I was not sure the winner would receive the book. And it is an excellent book.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present