Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream about me with my mother in Africa-(any Jungian/Cambell ideas anyone?)

Susan,
Woodman's books may help. She is a wonderful Jungian analyst who has set new trends in investigating the psyche. Her feminine perspective is partly from experience, partly from psyche understanding. I believe she may have answers for you in some of the problems you are experiencing.

I took another look at your dream and it really does seem to fit the person you describe yourself to be. A lot of darkness {Africa being an appropriate metaphor}. In the dream you feel useless and lost. I see potential {'Ooh and Ahh" about the psyche, about mysterious places, and psychis detectives etc- all the exciting stuff} but something is lacking that would let you carry through with these positive aspects {the darkness prevails}. A good bet the darkness is a result of childhood experiences and shared inherent traits, both involving your mother {your mother issues}.

The unexplained thing about your condition is you are fully aware of it yet have not been able to resolve the issues. Could it be that the 50 years of life you have spent with this emotional baggage caused a neurological mutation in your genes? Or/and an inheritance from your mother? As much as I believe in psychology as the way forward to a balanced and harmonious life {the discovery and understanding of your condition is because you have taken the time to make these psychological investigations} there are some maladies that drugs can make a difference. Imbalances can be stabilized with the proper drugs. I don't recall from any of your posts that you have had psychological treatment but I assume you have. If so have were any drugs prescribed and did they help? Of course even treatment for a chemical imbalance the continued proper psychological treatment can also benefit genetic deficiencies. But that probably required a trained Jungian psychologist. There has to be a solution.

In the meantime continue your search inward. A continued spiritual search should be beneficial {I believe you are wise enough to stay away from religion as a possible solution in your spiritual search}. Woodman may have provide some helpful insights. I have benefited from true Ah! Ha! moments in my life and believe in such things, to the extent should experiences can be life changing. A continuation of investigating your dreams will help you not only reveal any unknowns but will also help in guiding you forward {dreams do not lie}. If you have any dreams you wish help with please post them. As i stated previously 'sharing' is in itself therapy.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
Thank you. I am not planning a trip to Africa, or anywhere. Im stuck in the most awful paralysi of my life. Also- regarding the CAPITAL letters I used for the words: MOTHER and AFRICA, I do this in my journal of dreams, the reason being to mark anything I suspect could be the symbols- personal or collective. Thats so, to go and look at those dreams again,I have not just pages of words- but I could find the symbols of a certain type-therefore a thread developing, etc, over time. Thing is I dont know if thats gonna prove right to do, but I do it. Seems a good idea.been recording dreams on and off last few years, but alone, no psychanalyst.Im scared of many of the contents-perhaps a little knowledge is a bad thing. I have read a few of Jungs works, & jOSEPH cAMPBELL A BIT. Got the ideas thru my head I believe on collective,personal unconscious and other things, and major symbols.Some dreams appear to speak of death,.Shouldnt reveal much of my situation here I believe, nor take your time with it. Things arent great physically or mentally anyhow. QUESTION -would you say I must get myself a proper Jungian therapist. I watched Marie-Louise Von Franz in interview on youtube recently, and stopped writing dreams somewhat-not as vigorously anyway- as she thought one must get out of ones own self- cant see oneself properly.Also one needs a person with experience & myth knowledge. Makes sense. If you believe I must do so to do things properly re individuation- well also HOW would a person choose a therapist. Theyre expensive,but also I have little resilience as a person at present to go throught he stress of (, reckon) of telling personal stuff to someone, then if they arent right for me, trying that over & over. Did that once with counsellers & I aint the type to reveal 7 share easily- it was traumatic- as the vulnerability required & that they may judge me etc, or whatever proved as traumatic as what I went there for. Group therapy-out of the question.Dont understand the humans who are not as traumatised by THAt process, as they are by thier origianl problems, Thus I wonder- there may be no answer possible- but what do YOu think. i appreciate you reading my dream. Ive written to you before saying this- I really respect & am grateful for you solid('depth & weight'- to quote the Big Book of alcoholics Anonymous)- website. PS- I couldnt understand the last short paragraph orf your reply. Apologies for the long email- hope not to cumbersome. yours sincerely, Susan

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 years. Melbourne, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Got In Focus Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 years. Melbourne, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Jerry'
Wooo. Very interesting
Got a lot to say. You've tapped into a couple very interesting things re whats gone on over here with me. Im gonna compose a careful reply -but this is just thanks

Susan,
I look forward to your response. We are participating in a dialog with the unconscious as well as with each other.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present