Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Dream: Washing My Hair {Perfect Example of How A Dream Functions}

This is a dream I was having this morning when I awoke to go to the bathroom at 3:36 AM. For me it was an important dream for several reasons {which I will discuss after I give the dream and its interpretation}. I don't remember all the details of the dream but I was able to get the last part which was the important part. I felt the dream to be important right off and stayed up to write it down {as I am doing} so not to forget it.

Note: I am brewing a pot of coffee as I post this dream. Also I will not post this dream until later so there is a greater audience that sees it when I do post it on Facebook, Twitter and a couple of other social networks. Posting at these places enhances search engine placement for my websites, as does the 'advertisements' you see at the end of every post I make at the Dream Forum.

The Dream
I was at this gathering at a house that felt like the house of an aunt of mine who passed away in the 1980s at the age of 62-63 {I am 62 and will be 63 next month}. It was not one 'gathering' but ended up being three with the last one being the important one. In attendance were a lot of people I did not know as well as members of my family {my sisters and mother}. It wasn't a happy gathering per say but what I remembered most was leaving after each one of the meetings. The first two times we left {we left together as a family} I felt everything was in disarray. There was some bickering between family members and with the others in the group as well. We all piled into this small car and there was barely enough room to fit everyone in.

Then we were at the same house in the same type gathering when it was decided it was time to leave, again. We all hurriedly headed toward the door and I was the last in line. Everyone exited the house except me. I decided I wanted to go to the bathroom {I had awoken to this dream having to go to the bathroom}. I wanted to wash my hair which I felt was messed up. {Note: now I'm drinking my coffee my cats sitting around me expecting an early breakfast}. I knew I needed to hurry before the others left me behind so I rushed to get it done. I did wash my hair and looking for a towel to dry it {when suddenly one appeared} I hurried out of the bathroom and then out of the house. I looked toward the street and saw the last of my family getting into the car. They noticed I was coming so I wasn't in a hurry any longer. As I approached the car my hair felt clean and comfortable. When I got to the car to get in {on the front passenger's side} there wasn't the usual feel of being crowded. In fact I sat down in my seat and everyone seemed happy and ready to go.
End of the dream.

Intermission

I'm going to take a quick break here, get another cup of coffee {I am wide awake from the first} and feed my four hungry cats who are surrounding me wanting their breakfast {a normal morning routine}.

Click on image to enlarge

Intermission over. The cats are fed, the mice are dead and I have the interpretation all prepared in my head.

Interpretation

First a little context to why I had this dream and how it fits into my waking life. I will post it at the end which can be accessed by clicking HERE

House
The house is a standard, 'universal' {not archetypal} symbol for the dreamer or aspects of the dreamer's psyche. I find there is very little deviation to this house symbol in dreams. It being my deceased aunt's house signifies two things. One is the age she died which the age I am currently {62, almost 63}. I believe she died when she was 62 but it could have been 63, I am not sure. The numbers have other connotations to them involving 6s & 9s but I won't go into that now.

The other aspect of it being my dead aunt's house {she was my favorite aunt, a dear woman who was there for my family in a great time of need} is the 'death' aspect. This signifies something has ended. And when something ends something new begins. The new beginning is taking a new direction in the process of changes since moving to Florida {see context to dream} s well as the new direction I have decided to take, from giving classes/presentations on dreams to working on my websites where I can reach a much larger audience..

My family
This is really interesting. In the dream I was with my family, my three sisters and mother. My siblings are all female. My mother is female. What I am concentrating on in my life, and the primary force within my psyche is the feminine aspect. More specifically it is my creative and spiritual aspects. Also there were originally 4 classes scheduled for which I did 3. Three sisters and my mother. In context my mother is 81 years old and I am concerned about the time I have left with her. I don't worry about the 'eliminating class' as representing a prediction, I see it as compensating a 'fear' of what will happen one day.

In Jungian psyche the number 4 is the number for wholeness and completion. The number 3 is the Christian symbol of the trinity. My mother is very religious and I am very spiritual {I have little use for organized religion. UU churches, Unitarian/Universlist are a liberal that 'religion that embraces theological diversity}. Another fit with my life experiences.

Three gatherings
The three 'gatherings' represent the three dream classes I have given since I have moved to Florida, all within a 4 week period. Originally there were four classes scheduled but one was cancelled due to circumstances I won't go into detail. But I will say it once again 'dampened' my 'spirit' when it comes to organized religion and men who are supposed to be spiritual but fall far short. This is the 'fourth' time such an experienced has occurred, the number four having true meaning in my life if not the universe.

Context of the three classes
The first two classes were a bit unorganized, they being at different locations in different circumstances {the first being at a UU church, the second at a metaphysical bookstore}. The unorganized atmosphere is understandable since I really didn't know what to expect, the number of people who would attend, the exact format, etc. Plus it has been many years since I had spoken to any size group of people so there was a bit of apprehension on my part {see photo at left}. The first class had a total of nine people in attendance and the second a total of six {both including myself}. Again the numbers 9 and 6 being a part of the equation.

Dream application
This unorganized atmosphere is the 'disarray' feeling in the dream. The various unknown people who represent both those real people attending the classes as well as unknown/unrecognized aspects of myself at the time I gave the classes. The bickering was the uncertainty of what to expect in each of the classes as well as a reference to the cancelled class. The 'rushed' impressions upon leaving the first two classes were related to my 'rushing' to attain locations and form dream classes {something I now realize is not the most important thing I want to do in my desire to 'pass along the message' relating to dreams}.

The third time
The third gathering in the dream is my third class, actually a presentation, which was at another UU church in Vero Beach, at their monthly pot luck diner. There were about 30 people in attendance all older than myself {you must remember Florida is a haven for retirees, such as myself}. We had diner and I gave a presentation about dreams and how I interpret dreams. The presentation went really well and on my drive home I was very satisfied with how things went and with the fact this would be the last class/presentation I would be obligated to {instead I have realized that the best way to reach people is through my already established websites, including the Dream Forum}.

Washing of my hair
The washing of my hair represents the desire to share the knowledge I have obtained in my journey and studies of Jungian psyche {and Joseph Campbell, he being my spiritual mentor and this being a spiritual place}. Hair is a common symbol for knowledge, it being on 'top' of the head. The 'messed up' feeling would have to do with not wanting to 'mess up' my presentations as well as how everything seemed to be with my priorities.

Bathroom
The bathroom is a place for elimination and in my case it is eliminating the demands/obligations I had put on myself {the thing I had left behind when I retired} since moving to Florida. Plus this third class had eliminated any apprehensions I may have had in speaking before an audience {something I had never really gotten comfortable with the last time I had done so in 1968}. The towel represents having successfully dealt with the whole situation, both the dream presentation at the pot luck diner as well as the rushing to do the classes to begin with and rightfully deciding to abandoned that to work on my websites. I had 'dried my hair' giving it a neat, comfortable feel and appearance which symbolizes the success I felt/feel with the whole episode.

The fact I awoke because of the need to go to the bathroom has a lot to do with remembering the dream so clearly. As I sat in the bathroom {I sat fearing my 'aim' would be bad if I stood} I went over the dream to insure I remembered it. Afterwards I went back to bed but after a few minutes decided to get up to write it down so not to forget the dream. I knew right off what the dream was about, something that comes to me with most of my dreams now that I am retired and have the needed tome to focus on my dreams and dream work.

The comfortable car
The car is another common dream symbol representing the dreamer in some aspect. This car in the first two gatherings was cramped and hard to fit into. After the third gathering, the third dream presentation at the UU church, it was comfortable and my three sisters, my other and myself all fitting in with a comfortable atmosphere. This represents my current attitude, having completed the tasks of the three classes and having decided to end those and instead concentrate on my websites. I also want to do more personal dream interpretation {As I am doing with Raymonde's dreams}, a one on one approach where I have greater information about the dreamer.

The comfortable atmosphere of the car reflects my waking life. The whole dream is a replay of what has transpired over the past several weeks, reflecting my emotional self. The symbols as well as the whole motif/theme fits perfectly with how things have taken place.
End of interpretation.

This a dream that perfectly demonstrates how dreams function. The symbology if clear and reflects the actions and emotions to do with the aspects I have experienced in dealing with the issue of the dream classes as well as my true priorities now that I have been relocated in my new home in Florida. I could not have asked for a better dream as an example of how dreams do function.

Context to the dream
For those who have visited the Dream Forum and know my situation this is repeated information. My goal in life, my bliss, was to take early retirement, move to Florida from Middle Tennessee and work full time with dreams, dream work and websites. Plus I have always wanted to live in a part of the country that isn't cold, drab and dwrery in the winter months. And I love large bodies of water, an unconscious attachment perhaps since seas and oceans are symbolic of the deep unconscious, that thing I am most interested in discovering all I can.

The dream is addressing the 'rapid' forming of dream classes and the emotional aspects with that. Forming such classes required making contacts and the first was at the two UU churches I was looking at to be my spiritual home {One being a small congregation in Melbourne which is a 15 minute drive from my house and the other a much larger congregation in Vero Beach, a 45 minute drive}. I also had set up a class a the Raymonde'sSpark of Divine metaphysical store in Vero Beach. This happened pretty quickly since I have the experience from managing my contracting business of arranging such things, plus my people skills that I have developed from direct contact with people in my lifetime. But after this was done, along with a 'bad' experience with a supposedly 'spiritual' person I became aware that this was not what I really wanted to do, at least now at this time, so soon after arriving in my new location. I realized that what I really wanted to do, what I desired most, was to work on my websites and use them as my source of 'spreading' my message about dreams and Jungian psyche. Myths-Dreams-Symbols has been the tool for which I have been able to express my true self for 15 years. It is also my creative source as well as a tool to reach a wide audience. I had not been able to give the attention needed to the site prior to my retirement because of the great demands of managing our fence construction business in Tennessee {I bestowed the business to my son who moved to Orlando and expanded there while I managed the Tennessee branch}. Myths-Dreams-Symbols is the catalyst for much of our recent success in our business because of how Google rankings work. MDS has all the configurations to help promote other websites we choose by linking to it. Google internet rankings involve a complex set of rules but rules my son and I have used successfully in getting high rankings for our fence business both in Orlando and Middle Tennessee.

The bottom line is I rushed into forming these dream classes thinking it was the best way to get my message out to the world. Along the way I encountered an event that turned out to 'fate' in that it helped me realize this was not the best route to follow nor was it the one I really wanted to. Instead I realized working with my dream websites {I have three} was the best way to follow and what I love best doing {along with actually interpreting dreams}. This dream verified the whole experience of the above plus it unconsciously confirms what I now consciously believe to be the path I should and will follow. A perfect dream in the context of the dream symbols and metaphors as well as a confirmation of my true self and emotions. This is what dreams can do when there is a confidence in their therapeutic application.

THE END

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My Dream: Washing My Hair {Perfect Example of How A Dream Functions}

The interpretation to this dream was primarily addressing recent experiences. But beyond that it is an overall view of my true desires and how to best to follow the 'bliss' factor. A couple of additional thoughts I have to the dream {not that I haven't already written a book about it}.

One is the numbers in the dream. The number nine is my spiritual number because for me it does represent the feminine aspect of the psyche. The ancients associated the number Nine with the goddess or female aspects of divinity. The nine muses, the creative self that is divinity as full express of one's soul. I interpret this number in dreams as described above. Other than the number 4 it is the number that best fits with a 'individuated' condition. Here are some associations of the number nine.

According to the research of Joseph Campbell, the number 9 is traditionally associated with the Goddess Mother Of The World. In India there are a total of 108 names associated with this Goddess

To do with the human physical body:
Nine month gestation period in human birth process

Human mean normal respiration rate is 18 times per minute

Human mean normal heartbeat is 72 times a minute

Average number of heartbeats per hour is 4,320

Average number of respirations per hour is 1,080

Average number of respirations per 24 hour period is 25,920
Note: when you add all the numbers together in the list they all equal the number NINE

Other associations
25,920 is also the length of a sidereal year (

There are 360 degrees in a circle
The circle in myth and dreams symbolizes completeness/wholeness

Some cultures measure time in terms of very long cycles. In the Hindu tradition the present cycle of time consists of 432,000 years. This is called the "Kali Yuga". The great cycle in which the Kali Yuga falls consists of 4,320,000 years (Campbell, The Inner Reaches Of Outer Space, 1986)
Add the number 432 and you get nine. Nine is the number of the universe.

The Icelandic tradition tells of the great warrior hall in which there were 540 doors. Through each door there would come 800 divine warriors (ibid.). Okay, so 800 doesn't reduce to 9. But check it out: 800 warriors are coming through each of 540 doors. 800 x 540 = 432,000 warriors!

A Greek version of the history of Babalonia says that between the time of the building of the first city, Kish, and the time of the Great Flood (as recounted in the Bible) there elapsed a total of 432,000 years

The Number Six
Six is an inverted nine which I see as representative in dreams a the whole physical self

Revelation 13:18, "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and the number is Six hundred threescore and six (666)". However, according to Lawrence William Lyons (The Language Crystal), the word for "a man" in the original Greek is anthropos, also meaning "mankind". And no article "a" appears in the Greek text. Further, the word for "his" in "his number is" can be read as "its" implying no gender. So the Bible may say that 666 is the number of "humanity" or "mankind"

Mankind as symbolic of the number six in dreams.

The numbers 3 and 4
Another aspect that these two numbers fit into my life is I have achieved all but one goal in my move to Florida. To say the least everything that needed to fall into place for me to be able to make my move has done so. The one last thing that needs to happen is for me to find a source of additional income to sustain my 'simple' lifestyle. My 'Survivor's benefits' from social security {this is a story in itself} is just short of what I need to be fully financial independent. But everything else I am doing what I need to do to fulfill those needs but with everything to do with the journey I know that too will come to fruition.

As 3 of 4. I will have to think about this and post it later. I know it fits somewhere, my confidence in such applications being they always do. Numbers always have meaning in dreams, as does every other symbol, action and pattern in dreams.

Jerry The God Within You A Prayer For You

Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum
Sponsored & Supported by:

Gifford Fence Co/Middle Tennessee

Gifford Fence Orlando/Melbourne Fence Pro

Daniel Gifford's 2Stain Fence Staining

Web Design

MyDrSy.com - The Power of Dreams
Melbourne Dreams & Metaphysics - Dream Interpretation Space Coast, Florida

Space Coast/Treasure Coast Dreams & Dream Interpretation Meet Up Group

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 62 Space Coast, Fla.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: My Dream: Washing My Hair {Perfect Example of How A Dream Functions}

Jerry,
You continue to amaze me with your self-understanding and how clearly you see your goals and how to achieve them to follow your bliss.

This is pure inspiration for me, I must say. I will re-read your dream and your deciphering and post my impressions later, if that's ok.

I couldn't sleep last night for all the new "knowledge" that I've gleaned from listening to the Marion Woodman interview and from this forum as a whole. My spiritual library is certainly evolving and growing because I too have had dreams last night, actually early this morning, that are bringing in new energy. I will post them as soon as I finish this reply.

till next
Raymonde

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60, Atlantic Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present