Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Really Lucid!!!!!!!

Hey jerry sorry I was away for so long!! I have several dreams but let me start with my lucid one. This was absolutely crazy unlike any other one anyway, I have no idea what was taking place just that I realized I was dreaming and I shouted oh my God Im dreaming I threw up my hands to look at them. everything became very clear like I was completely awake. There was a man in front of me and I thought to myself this is my subconscious and I need to ask him what he wants to tell me. I looked at him and tried to speak but found I was completely unable to speak.This scared me some. I told myself to wake up. I thought I woke up and it was morning and I told my husband what happened about the dream that it was incredible and then fell back asleep however I believe that was still the dream anyway it kept going although I do not believe I was lucid at this point. heres what I remember: I was in a house beautiful with streams and animals I know I was following someone I believe it might have been my sub all though I couldnt see anyone and they were showing me everything. There was a point where I remember I was going from a top level to a bottom level but the steps were rocks and they were in a stream that flowed downhill and I had to use the rocks to get the bottom. I remember I was scared a little but I took a deep breath and kept going till I got to the bottom and we entered another part of the house. It was yellow and bright. there was narrow staircase the walls inside were bright yellow there were two cats at the bottom of the stairs sitting on something like a desk purring they were sweet I knew that there was also a beautiful parrot that was sitting above the doorway. I was so happy I felt light as air. I got to the bottom and walked through to what looked like a kitchen. The room was big and clean the walls a light shade of blue very calming. There were several people there standing together talking I am not sure what they were talking about. I had the feeling they were happy I was there and I had the feeling that my dad was there. For some reason as I am remembering all of this I keep seeing the color red like that means something or that it was apart of the dream. :) (I feel I should mention that I have a tattoo of a parrot clutching a key and just like that I know where I was at I think I was inside the true me.)

So I had a very short dream but it was so wonderful.

I was standing in front of my mirror looking at my reflection I was smiling and I looked at my eyes they were so pretty.They were a light brown and olive green mix. They started to get bigger and they looked like two worlds beautiful!!! They just kept getting bigger and bigger and so pretty. I kept smiling till I busted out laughing it was absolutely funny to me. I had this amazing carefree feeling! Well thats it I cant wait to hear back from ya!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Really Lucid!!!!!!!

Rebecca,
First the short dream. Mirrors in dreams are reflections of the whole self and often the inner self. The smiling indicates you are a happy camper with what you see in yourself. The eyes are the way you see actually see things {dreams reflect our true feelings}. The brown and green mix are earth colors with the earth being our natural selves in personal and spiritual growth. The two worlds are the inner and outer {soul and ego, unconscious/conscious}. Being able to laugh at oneself is progression, the ability to let go of the earthly problems and stresses in life. The ending indicates you are at a good place in your life.

A caveat to the reflection and eyes getting bigger and bigger. Don't take yourself too serious. Stay balanced and you will stay pretty in the eyes of your inner soul. That will be reflected in your conscious life.

The First Dream
The first part seems to be focused on your animus, masculine qualities. There is this masculine quality within you that needs to be asked a question. And when you awoke there was your husband. This may indicate an very close and perhaps intimate aspect. It may or may not involve your husband. Look to your masculine qualities to help understand this {discipline, staying the course, etc}.

The house is of course you. What you can't see is your unconscious. All indications from previous dreams is you are following the inner path which when followed with discipline reveals everything {about yourself as well as many things unknown to the ordinary person who has not discovered the inner journey}. To follow the inner path involves personal growth, analyzing your whole life from top to bottom {this may point to the influence of Jungian psyche and working with your dreams as a tool for growth}. Rocks would indicate a solid path, the steps you are taking are strong and firm. There is always an element of fear in this journey since it is one of adventure {the hero/heroine of myth always follows the path of adventure and not what society dictates}.

Going down to the bottom you enter into another part of yourself, the deep unconscious. The yellow color is an enhancement of your true self. The two cats may indicate encountering feminine aspects in both your conscious life as well as unconscious. Again this is a positive experience yellow and bright}. Hallways connect the different aspects of the psyche {rooms in the house}. The parrot would be repeating what it has heard/seen, unconscious to conscious. The kitchen is where nourishment is prepared, especially spiritual nourishment. The people are other aspects of yourself. Your dad may indicate a mature masculine. The color red is the color of blood which symbolizes psyche energy {the energy of life}. The parrot is the key to what is imbedded in your soul {tattoo}.
Note: Associations such as the tattoo, although not an actual part of the dream, are used as symbolic references.

My sense from both dreams they are focusing on your desire for personal growth. You are following the right path. It also may indicate hat things are good in your life at the moment. If you continue to follow this inner path your life will have balance and be harmonious.
Note: Jungian psyche is intertwined with the hero journey of mythology and the symbols in dreams are also the symbols in myth. The ultimate goal of the hero/heroine is to realization and attainment of the spiritual Self. Myths are universal/collective dreams of a society and correspond with the individual lives. Thus both share the same symbolic experiences.

Very positive dreams. But tell me how things are going in your conscious life. This will help me understand where you are in your journey.

As for the application of the dreams to your conscious life {I have addressed primarily the unconscious/personal growth aspects. In some way the dreams are referencing recent conscious experiences. All dreams/dream images have at least two meanings/applications. My abilities are gauged toward the unconscious life {as is anyone who interprets dreams} and limited to the personal experiences. I do believe the primary focus is on the deeper aspects of your journey {personal growth}. The man {animus} in front of you may just be the required discipline needed to continue the journey to wholeness. This may indicate a weak part of your personality. But the dream doesn't dwell on that so I don't see it as a major obstacle. You may want to look at the relationship with your husband to see if there are any associations that may fit {is he strong and disciplined, or the opposite?}. There may be something there you need to tell yourself about {related to the animus qualities}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

amazing insight again jerry!! I feel the same about these dreams. Its so weird lol its like my sub has put into place little clues that make me feel like i am on the right path. lol Truthfully I am so happy!! Life it seems is starting to make sense to me and I have come to realize that most of the obstacles that i have had to work through were ones that I myself put into place therefor by examining the root of the problems I am learning to dissolve them and with each one the picture gets bigger and bigger its absolutely amazing!!
I started back at the beginning and looked at the dreams i had as a child and pieces of me that I hid or rejected because it made me different (ego). I started to put me back together while i threw out what that no longer serves me.
I feel like I am blooming, like life is brighter, clearer, and I see other people for what they are. a reflection of myself and the world.
This has not been easy jerry lol! It seems every time I let go I can feel this uneasiness inside I have come to think of it as my ego the pieces of me that are dying!!

I am not sure where i am going or who I will be in 10 years but damn if I am not excited to find out. lol And even if it kills me I will follow myself down even to the very depths of my soul.

Lesson learned I will never again hide who i am because of fear. So simple yet so difficult.

Enough about me now. You know jerry it sure does seem like you help so many people but do you ever get asked how you are? Do you ever get to let it out too?

with love,
Becca

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 missouri

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Rebecca,
You are on a path of self discovery and the inner journey you describe sounds very much like Jung's Individuation Process, the self analysis that brings together the inner self with the outer conscious life. The process is one of removing the ego as the controlling agent and letting the true self take over. That true being is guided by spirit and creativity. The laws of cause and effect {Karma} are the true guiding forces in life {as you stated, "I have come to realize that most of the obstacles that i have had to work through were ones that I myself put into place." This is a realization of the greatest truth about oneself. It is not what others cause in ones life but what we cause for ourselves. I truly believe there is a tool within nature that provides helping hands when we live a spiritual life {good deeds} and retribution for the bad deeds. I know from experience this to be true in my life, too many times these laws are applicable when there is no other explanation. Jung's Individuation Process leads us to remove the barriers to this higher understanding/consciousness because it persuades the person to look deep within oneself {the unconscious} to see what the controlling agents are that motivate the conscious life. When these motivating factors are understood {especially the foundations for them} they no longer have the energy to control the waking life. But there must always be diligence {through discipline} that the unconscious energies do not seep back into the conscious life because with every foundation that is built the residue of those building blocks remain. The human condition is weak and additions are always there to be awakened. Even the strongest of the strong have their weak moments {except perhaps the Dali Lama or others on that scale}.

As for me 'letting it out'. My dream work is a primary outlet. Another are my websites {The Power of Dreams and Myths-Dreams-Symbols}. A third, a discipline that proceeded my discovery of Jungian psyche by 14 years, is physical fitness. The dream work is my true self which allow me to demonstrate my natural skills {I consider myself an 'intuitive Jungian'}. My websites allow me express myself {self expression is expressing though creativity. And physical fitness is the glue that has held me together when all else failed. Although I am 64 years old you could not tell it by my attitude nor my physical abilities. I have a basketball routine I use in physical fitness where I combine physical and metaphysical abilities.

I am also involved in the rescue of cats. I have four of my own, I am fostering a kitten and feeding his mother and siblings, as well as feeding 9 or 10 other strays and feral cats in the neighborhood. Although I have an affection for all animals, cats are animals I took to because they possess a strong 'feminine' power. Very independent, intuitive, strong and inclined to go it alone. That pretty much describes my personality. I do believe the feminine power is the th true soul with the masculine a by product. I live from the feminine power and no matter how patriarchal a society might be it is still beholden to the feminine power within nature {Mother Earth as an example}.

If you are interested in watch The Power of Myth videos you can see them here The Power of Myth.

And if you wish to see how physical fitness can improve life past the age of 60, here is a video of my basketball routine. Anyone who wishes to be healthy can do so if they will only take the time to find a physical routine that will keep them fit. Physical fitness has been a part of my lifestyle for 35 years and because of that I can live life without the fears most my age have to deal with. No medications to take, no health problems, I feel great every morning when I awake {at least 7 hours of sleep every night}. Add a regimentation of healthy eating and you have the formula for being healthy long after everyone else has started their decline.
I do tend to preach a bit when it comes to life style choices.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present