Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Heart Mirror
As I woke in the morning, it was with seeing Peter Scanlon. He told me, “I want you to know you are remembered and thought of very often here (that it does not cost you anything), as we do our embryonic work of birthing a new humanity.” Peter Scan...
Views: 1152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 6:49am
by Kristi
Older Person's Dreams
I need to make a clarification of comments I have made often when addressing the dreams of younger people vs. older people. My statement that an older person's dreams more often are directed at past experiences is true for most of those who post dream{s} at the Dream...
Views: 649   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2009 7:49am
by Jerry {Co-Host &...
I Will Help Kristi Provide Interpretations on Saturday
Sorry for the absence the past several days. I will return and help Kristi provide interpretations Saturday morning. I have had a bit of a crisis involving the health of my long hair cat Missy. At first it looked dire but after further examination the vet found...
Views: 657   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2009 7:03pm
by Jerry {Co-Host &...
Jung's 'Individuation Process' & Why is it Important
We've discussed the 'Individuation Process' often times in trying to better understand how to obtain better psychological health. But here is a approach from schuelers.com that looks at a different aspect to the process, and perhaps will be more interesting for thos...
Views: 693   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2009 4:56pm
by Jerry {Host & We...
Healing Secrets with Deepak Chopra: Intention
Within nature there is a power known as intention. "If you want to know the mechanism of a biological phenomenon then you have to know what the intended outcome is. If you want to know why birds have wings then you have to know the intention. Of course the intention...
Views: 700   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 7:07pm
by Jerry {Host & We...
Interpretations
It may be a couple of days before I will be able to provide interpretations. My computer died and I am using an old lap top that sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Jerry
Views: 649   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 5:47am
by Jerry-MDS Host &...
The Outer World vs the Inner World
I woke up this morning letting the fears and obligations of social duty invade my usual tranquil self. Then I decided to put that aside and concentrate on the 'creative' aspects. I turned to the Dream Forum and my dream interpretation. I soon left behind those fears...
Views: 689   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2009 7:07am
by Jerry
Carl Jung's Trickster Archetype and Trickster Deities-A Short Outline
Carl Jung's Trickster Archetype and Trickster DeitiesA look at Jung's Trickster archetype, the trickster gods upon which he based them, and how we still have the remnants of the trickster gods today.http://www.associatedcontent.comarticle/1074986/carl_jungs_trickster...
Views: 654   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2009 3:29pm
by Jerry {Dream For...
Power of Meditation
Both Jung and Joseph Campbell spoke often of the spiritual energy as an aspect of the psyche. And suggested that energy was within us all and could be harnessed in many 'psyche' functions. It is a prdouct of nature. This video that provides insights of a greater ener...
Views: 695   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 8:48pm
by Jerry {Dream For...
Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious
For the really deep stuff we go to Jung's 'Collective Works'. Below is an transcript from his collective works. If you are truly interested in dreams and/or the study of the psyche and want to really understand how dreams function, to get to the depths of Jung's phil...
Views: 711   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 8:22pm
by Jerry {Dream For...
Face to Face with Carl Jung
For those who have not or who wish to once again listen to Carl Jung in his own words, I have listed below his probing interview {in 4 segments] with John Freeman which first aired in 1959 on the BBC. Enjoy Jerry
Views: 705   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 7:25pm
by Jerry {Dream For...
JUNG LEXICON-A Primer of Terms & Concepts
For a brief description of Jungian terms and applications I suggest bookmarking this page link JUNG LEXICON-A Primer of Terms & Concepts. It provides short but precise explanations of Jungian termnology and "a comprehensive overview of the basic principles of Jungian...
Views: 682   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 6:32pm
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
Myth & Dreams
Myth & Dreams Some exerpts from Joseph Campbell and his The Power of Myth series about the relationship of myth and dreams. Plus some of Jung's quotes I believe most will find insightful. This first quote demonstrates the wisdom of the man, and the wisdom within his...
Views: 698   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 7:40pm
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
The Dream Forum Is Open
The dream Forum is now open in its new format. If you have not registered you can do so easily and for FREE. It requires a password to enter the forum so register asap so you can participate in the New Dream Forum. You can register below.
Views: 627   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 2:13pm
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
New Format Almost Completed-Please Read
As you can see with the new heading the new format is in progress and will be completed soon. Under the new guidelines everyone will be required to register to post dreams and comments. The process will require a password which will be sent to you upon registering. M...
Views: 639   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 7:33am
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
New Format Coming Soon to the Dream Forum
For those who are frequent visitors to the Dream Forum, I want to let you know I am not shutting down the Forum, just revamping it in a new format. This may take a couple of weeks {perhaps less if time allows} but when it is reopened it will be in a format geared to...
Views: 660   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 7:19am
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
Delay in giving interpretations on posted dreams
It will be this weekend before I will be able to provide interpretations on posted dreams. A head cold has brought me down. Instead of trying to give an interpretation that may not be proper I will wait until I have my full 'facilities' before attempting to decipher...
Views: 644   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 6:17am
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
All Dream Requests Will Be Answered This Weekend
I apologize for not giving prompt responses to the dream requests. But I am chin deep in social requirements {work} and have had little time or energy to provide proper interpretations. I rely heavily on my intuitive skills to understand dreams and because so much of...
Views: 582   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2008 5:03am
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
Technical Difficulties-Dream Forum Has Been Down
Technical difficulties with the Bravenet services has caused the Dream Forum to be off-line off and over the past two days. I apologize for not being able to take your dream requests. Hopefully the problems have been solved and we can resume normal activities. ge...
Views: 555   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2008 8:34pm
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
Face to Face with Carl Jung
I just found a new video from YouTube, a 4 part conversation with Carl Jung. If you have never heard the great man speak here is your chance to learn from the source. Below is the first part {10 minutes}. Enjoy Part Two Part Three Part Four
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2008 4:00pm
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
Joseph Campbell in Video
For those Joseph Campbell enthusiasts like myself, I have created a new video page of introduction to Campbell and his works. Below and nowplaying is the opening video with Susan Sarandon. The link is An Introduction to Joseph Campbell Through Video
Views: 582   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2008 10:11am
by Gerard {Dream Fo...
DreamsA2z.com Sister Site to Myths-Dreams-Symbols Is For Sale
I have a dream web site named Dreams A2Z.com that is for sale. This site has been up and running for almost a year and is Googled {submitted and referenced by Google as well as Yahoo}. Anyone who is interested in dreams can begin today to a web master in charge of th...
Views: 607   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2008 6:26am
by Gerard-Host/Web ...
Joseph Campbell.org Web Site
If you are a Joseph Campbell fan like myself then you may want to visit the new rebuilt web site. You will find many resources not only to do with mythology but also dreams. Here is a bit of wisdom about dreams found at the site that provides insights to that wisdom....
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 4:06pm
by Gerard-Host/Web ...
Excerpts from conversation's with Michael Toms and Joseph Campbell
If you have not read or listened to the conversations between Joseph Campbell and Michael Toms I suggest you do so. They provide insight not only to Joseph Campbell as a person but also deeper insights to the psyche. This conversation addresses the subjects of God,...
Views: 584   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2008 6:48am
by Gerard-Host/Web ...
Four Dreams ...Part 2 of 4.....Do You Have Wisdom
In my dream .. I'm in the great hall again. As before i see seven candels and seven windows on both sides of the room..But this time, there a table that goes from end to the other.. And on this table there were Gold ,Silver,Diamonds,Ruby's,Saphire's all the earth ha...
Views: 610   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 7:19pm
by Cloud
Dream Forum URL {Web Addresss}
I know many of you use the old link to access the Dream Forum {www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamforum.html}. I have changed the link on the main page to go directly to Bravenet page {Bravenet hosts the Forum-for a price I pay each month}. The new URL {web address} is...
Views: 595   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2008 6:32am
by Gerard-Host/Web ...
If You Posted a Dream or Response & Did Not Get a Reply
If you posted a dream or a response to an interpretation and did not get a reply please inform me of this. Often the request for interpretations are numerous and I will overlook something. Plus my time is often limited in a particular session and I may intend to addr...
Views: 544   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2008 6:55am
by Gerard-MDS Host ...
Exercise---and Be Happy
Sharon Begley Newsweek Magazine Scientists are sticklers for not really believing what until someone explains how. That is, they’ll see that something happens, but until research reveals how it happens the phenomenon remains a bit dodgy. So it is with...
Views: 643   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2007 7:54am
by Gerard
Jung & Gnosticism
Most of you are familiar with Jung's studies into Gnosticism. Here is a video and page I created about the christian sect who lived during the time of Jesus. It is only 9 minutes long but is an excellent reflection of Spiritual Gnosis. Gnosis: Inner Knowledge...
Views: 596   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2007 8:11pm
by Gerard
En
Cruise Ship (continued)
While writing out the dream that was posted on Sept 17, entitled Cruise Ship, I forgot a part of it that I have remembered since. It is such a crucial part of the dream, that I'm writing again to add it in, hoping that the two will be connected up by those reading it...
Views: 714   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2007 8:47am
by En
En
Cruise Ship
I was living on a huge ship. This ship was so big that I could not see the whole size of it, and I had for a long time been immersed in the daily life onboard. The ship had a heavy and completely metallic sense to it. The floors were huge and heavy iron plates with b...
Views: 576   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2007 7:50am
by En
The Hero's Adventure-Myth and Dream
If you haven't watched Joseph Campbell's Power of Myth as yet, or recently, I invite you to do so. Here is The Hero's Adventure, one hour of the 6 hour series first shown on PBS {and still shown often during fund drives}. There is so much wisdom within Campbell's...
Views: 536   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2007 11:36am
by Gerard
the murder plot
Hi, I was in a prison and my boyfriend was also in the same cell with me. I was looking at him with love and confusion, like someone unsure, he was looking at me and trying to reassure me, he was holding my hands in his. The prison guard came in and it seems she w...
Views: 564   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2007 8:43pm
by Janine
Transformations of Myth Through Time-Joseph Campbell
Ever wonder where Joseph Campbell came up with his idea of 'universal ideas'? I've created a page featuring a chapter from his book 'Transformations of Myth Through Time' that explains his reasoning for these ideas. These are also the basis for Jung's Archetypes. If...
Views: 547   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2007 10:30am
by Gerard
Follow Your Bliss-New Video
Follow Your Bliss Discovering Your Inner Calling Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we w...
Views: 537   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2007 8:06am
by Gerard
he meets another girl
last night I had the following dream: My close woman friend from the shop phoned me and told me that mt boyfriend was sitting inthe street cafe next to her shop and was kissing with a girl.I asked her if she knew her,she didn't.It seemed to be a new girl who just ar...
Views: 559   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2007 1:33am
by margit
The Power of Myth
If you wish to view Joseph Campbell's popular 6 part PBS series 'The Power of Myth', I have all six available at the MDS website. Each video {interviews by Bill Moyers at George Lucas' Skywalker ranch} is almost 1 hour in length but offer invaluable insights into the...
Views: 527   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 6:13pm
by Gerard
The Memory Pill segment on 60 Minutes
Hi All, Yesterday evening 60 Minutes (investigative journalism tv show) ran a segment titled The Memory Pill. "Lesley Stahl reports on the clinical trials of a promising but potentially controversial treatment that can dull the memories of people, especially tho...
Views: 537   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 6:17pm
by Kathy
final in the series
Justin, I thought you would find this last dream interesting after your analysis of the first three i gave you. Saturday night i had another series of dreams. In the the first I was taken to a place by my ex boyfriend #1 because he was going to show me an apt that i...
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 4:15pm
by Janine
Videos at Myths-Dreams-Symbols & Climate Change
I hope many of you have taken the time to view the videos I have added to the Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. There are many good films about dreams and myth {and the environment} that provide new avenues of knowledge on these subjects. That is why I have added them, t...
Views: 484   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 7:04am
by Gerard
Body of Evidence That Jung Got it Right
Some thoughts on a day of celebrating the one millionth visitor to Myths-Dreams-Symbols When I first began interpreting dreams for others, I often frequented Dream Central's dream forum where there was much discussion among those who participated as to which metho...
Views: 522   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 8:01am
by Gerard
Harry Potter-The Order of the Phoenix
I have a new lead in at the Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. The new Harry Potter movie and book are due for release in July and keeping on the theme of the the Hero's Journey in Myth I am using this promo. Take a look below. This is the promo I have on the front page....
Views: 549   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2007 6:25am
by Gerard
My reply to Kathy
Kathy - please see my reply of 23 May on my original post. thanks!
Views: 504   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2007 9:48pm
by claire
Videos Now at Myths-Dreams-Symbols
Fellow Jungians, and aspiring heroes and heroines. A note to let you know I've added videos to my Myths-Dreams-Symbols front page. The subject matter is about dreams and myth, Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung. But there is 'An Inconvenient Truth', which is about the fem...
Views: 532   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2007 1:05pm
by Gerard
A Dictionary of Dream Symbols-April's Winner Please Come Forward
This past month's winner {yohan from the UK}of a copy of A Dictionary of Dream Symbols has not claimed his/her prize. If the prize is not claimed by the end of the month it will be awarded to someone else {two winners for May}. Yohan, if you read this message please...
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2007 6:50am
by Gerard
Simplifying Jung
As with most people who possess an ordinary mind {intellectual}, my adventure in trying to comprehend the complexity of Jungian thought was in the beginning a daunting task. But with the tutelage of the equally great mind of Joseph Campbell I was able to discover com...
Views: 611   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2007 5:43am
by Gerard
New Forum at Myths-Dreams-Symbols
Often I have been asked to create another Forum to discuss other important subjects having to do with the psyche. I want to announce that I have done just that with the new Myths-Dreams-Symbols Discussion Forum. This Forum is open to discuss Mid-life Issues, th...
Views: 541   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2007 7:35am
by Gerard
April's Winner of 'A Dictionary of Dream Symbols'
A Dictionary of Dream Symbols - April's Winner Congratulations to yohan, from the UK, as the winner of the this month's drawing of Eric Ackroyd's 'A Dictionary of Dream Symbols'. To register to win a copy in this month's drawing click on the book cover above....
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2007 5:42pm
by Gerard
Truth What Do You Really Know?
Read Heathers message and both responses and see if what you know is there. If you know something else please post.
Views: 492   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 11:56pm
by REILLY
Dream
the parts that I remember blurry I will leave behind In my dream I was on a different plane Dream starts as I look at the sky, it was twilight and ancient spaceships were moving through our atmosphere, going away on movement in space or to some other world. Eve...
Views: 503   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2007 4:46am
by Obscura
Message From Gerard
Because of the many demands of my job I will not have a lot of time to give to interpretations. The next few months are our busy season {my son and I have a fence construction business} and the mental and physical requirements are very demanding. I hope the contribut...
Views: 498   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2007 6:19am
by Gerard
Study Uncovers Memory Aid: A Scent During Sleep
An interesting article in the NY Times that 'you' may wish to read. Study Uncovers Memory Aid: A Scent During Sleep Gerard
Views: 504   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2007 6:35am
by Gerard
Myth & Dream-The Hero With A Thousand Faces
To get a sense of Joseph Campbell's poetic creativity I want to direct you to a page I had created some years ago but had forgotten. The Hero With A Thousand FacesThe Cosmogonic Cycle This was Campbell's early claim to, written in 1949, and which be...
Views: 555   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2007 6:54pm
by Gerard
Creative Spirit
The primitive mind had a creative aspect. Simple tools that say so much, and possess such beauty These spear points, displayed by the Center for the Study of the First Americans, have been attributed to the ancient Clovis culture, {culture dated to about 13,...
Views: 540   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 5:54pm
by Gerard
Understanding Dreams
An excellent article from Wikipedia on the subject of Dreams. What aroused my attention was the part on 'The expectation fulfilment theory of dreams'. And although brief but accurate, the description of Jung's contribution to dreams. Here is the most on that top...
Views: 548   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 5:21pm
by Gerard
foalting or drowning or flying
well,as you guys have surely seen the way im used to talk,now i`d like to talk abt the most important dream of my life......the first time i saw it,i wasnt asleep, or awaken.......maybe sth between......i was in a bus,going to my home that suddenly the whole scene ap...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 3:13am
by mohammad reza
Dreams of Sex and the Sex of Dreams
Sexual dreams. Most people have experienced them. Some people welcome them for their intensity and excitement; some people fear them as they induce guilt and shame. But, perhaps more so than any other type of dream, they always intrigue. August J. Cwik, Psy. D.,...
Views: 586   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 6:21am
by Gerard
Archetypes and the collective unconscious
Author Anthony Stevens explores Jung’s hypothesis of the collective unconscious, which asserts that human beings are born with certain inherited, rather than learned, modes of functioning. Archetypes and the collective unconscious In 1909 Jung and Freud...
Views: 519   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 6:02am
by Gerard
Happy Holidays
I want to wish everyone a joyful Christmas and happy holidays. I hope everyone's intended goals from this past year are reflected in the joy of the season. May the coming new year be an eventful and fulfilling time for all. Jerry {Gerard}
Views: 569   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2006 7:50am
by Gerard
Freud & Sex
An interesting article in the NY Times this morning about Sigmund Freud and an illicit affair with his sister-in-law. Carl Jung is mentioned prominently, having talked about the long covered up affair and how Freud's wife's younger sister had confided in him of the r...
Views: 607   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2006 6:37am
by Gerard
Evolutionary Instincts-Archetypes
I am constantly amazed at the many scientific verifications of Jung's concept of the archetypes. Here is an article from psychological science.org that may help some understand Jung's theories. It discusses an experiment {scientific study} about the connections betw...
Views: 597   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 6:13pm
by Gerard
Day Residue
If you haven't visited my new dream website and read the main front page article, 'Understanding Dreams: Perspectives From the Ancients Through Modern Times', you might want to take a minute to do so. Interesting info about dreams. Why the new dream web site? Myt...
Views: 534   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2006 7:45pm
by Gerard
The Dreaming Mind-Brain: A Jungian Perspective
I found an article from the 'Journal of Analytical Society' that I know everyone will find interesting. A neuroscience study paper {the scientific study of the nervous system} confirms Jung's view that emotional health, not censorship or disguise {Freud}, underpins t...
Views: 514   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2006 7:58pm
by Gerard
Man and His Symbols
If you haven't read Man & His Symbols of recent or have yet to do so for the first, below are exerpts from from the book. There is true wisdom in his words and philosophies and the folowing will provide insights to that wisdom. A story told by the conscious min...
Views: 660   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2006 5:43pm
by Gerard
Article on Dreams in Washington Post
I came a cross an article on the subject of dreams in today's on-line issue of the Washingtom Post that may be of interest. Dream Seekers Note the related articles in the right hand column that may be of interest also. Gerard
Views: 538   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2006 7:00am
by Gerard
Carl Jung 1955
As for Carl Jung. Jung graced the cover of Time magazines feb 14, 1955 cover I haven't read the whole article as yet but wanted to pass along the info. I will definitely comment after I do. The Old Wise Man Gerard
Views: 505   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2006 7:23pm
by Gerard
Joseph Campbell 1972
For all students of Joseph Campbell. Here is an article from Time magazine, Jan. 17, 1972. I am always interested to learn more on how Campbell and Jung's philosophies evolved. These age old articles give insights to the process to their thinking. Comparing this arti...
Views: 539   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2006 7:11pm
by Gerard
re :dream interpretation
please help me out in one more dream interpretation.....your first interpretation is very correct .....in this dream i had seen that i am my middle age and i see myself as financially self sufficient and i have enough mango in my home than i donate some of them to so...
Views: 486   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 1:06am
by prashita
appreciating beauty
What part of the subconscious is it that relates to and appreciates beauty? I read somewhere that we find beauty in things that are missing from us? Or do we need a certain growth and beauty inside us already to appreciate ' the little things'.
Views: 592   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2006 3:05am
by Claire
Jung & Astrology
LETTER FROM C.G. JUNG The following is a letter from the psychologist, C.G. Jung. It was written to B.V. Raman, a world-renowned Hindu astrologer and the late editor of THE ASTROLOGICAL MAGAZINE -- the original and leading Vedic astrology magazine in India....
Views: 601   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2006 8:16am
by Gerard
Dream of snakes
I had one dream where I was in a van that stopped in front of this white hotel or apartment building i've never seen before. while geeting out of the van i looked in the back and the floor was covered with about 50 different kinds of snakes all different sizes and co...
Views: 643   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2006 1:28pm
by Racquel
Creative Endeavor
Hello Dear Dream Forum Members, From this day forward I shall post my name as Psyche. To remind myself that it is from She that the dream images arise, and that it is She who is the guide from whom the dream symbols become imbued with meaning, She who is the g...
Views: 557   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2006 3:42pm
by Psyche
swords and guns
It was very vivid, but I'm losing the details. I had to fight a giant and his three (normal sized) sons with a katana. I won easily, but the son's followed me into a toystore and we continued to fight. My sword slowly turning into a toy, as did there's and I disc...
Views: 599   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2006 1:59pm
by Bronwen
May
Mom, Mechanics class, bony old lady, cold husband, ancestral home, cancer survivor autobiography
Hi, am sooo sorry for posting so many dreams but if I don't do something about them I feel they will take up so much energy and become even more long and complex. I'm riding in a taxi with a female friend. Both of us are in the back seat. We get out. I was sitti...
Views: 528   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2006 11:42pm
by May
May
Long dream
It is daytime. A lot is going on here. There is a place, its a living room with a long narrow curvy hallway leading to a very small narrow bathroom. Its my most recent exboyfriend's apartment/town. (Not the ex I wrote about before, that was a long time ago.) I'm...
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2006 5:21am
by May
The Little Hidden Door
"The dream is a little hidden door in the innermost and most secret recesses of the soul, opening into that cosmic night which was psyche long before there was any ego consciousness, and which will remain psyche no...
Views: 597   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2006 7:17pm
by Gerard
Off Forum until Saturday
I'll be off Forum due to work starting now and will return Saturday evening. I will not be responding to posts until then. Many thanks! Kathy
Views: 655   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2006 5:06pm
by Kathy
Male roomie - Cooking ingredients - God graffiti - A home run?
Hello! I am moving to some apt, with a new male roommate staying in a room downstairs. My current boyfriend leaves. I go downstairs and he is getting up. I talk to him and ask him how things are going. There appeared to be some obstruction of furniture in his way....
Views: 653   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 4:13am
by Debreah
Gay show - Muddy Waters with Ex - Journal Expose
Hi, I'm really getting these dreams out of my system from the past week. So glad to have found this site! ;-) I'm at a club, wearing colorful argyle socks and a long oxford striped shirt. Some people are being insulted on stage where there appears to be a vaude...
Views: 606   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 2:56am
by Debreah
Dream Interpretations
Apologies to everyone on the delays in receiving interpretations. Many of the Forum contributors are involved with work, the paycheck type, right now. We'll get caught up here soon. Your patience is greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Kathy ASASE YE DURU
Views: 651   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2006 9:44pm
by Kathy
Joseph Campbell & Star Wars
Link: Star Wars: A Myth for Our Time I've come across an excellent on-line article summarizing Campbell's Hero Journey as presented by George Lucas in his Star Wars movie. The article by Andrew Gordon compares the phases of the journey to the actions in the movie...
Views: 583   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 5:49pm
by Gerard
Accessing Dream Forum When MDS Site Is Down
All may want to copy this web address in those cases when the MDS website is down {as it is as I write this post}. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. It is a problem with my host, not much I can do. With the direct URL to the Dream Forum hosted by Bravenet y...
Views: 594   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 6:53pm
by Gerard
May
Japan/Husband Cheating and Abandoning me AGAIN!!
My husband and I go to Japan for a day. It is well ordered and beautiful. There are lots of work opportunities, inside nice buildings, with English speakers. After my husband finishes what we came to Japan for, on the way out of the building I see a rack of bound-...
Views: 628   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2006 11:12pm
by May
highschool
Hello, In my dream I was visiting a good high school in the city I currently live in and I was talking to the people who were from that school. I was asking them questions and feeling a bit uncomfortable around these rich people. We were outside, on a winding asph...
Views: 583   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2006 1:57pm
by Fish
May
Hi, that was supposed to be an exclamation mark!!!
Hi, I meant to put an exclamation mark and NOT a thumbs up sign next to my post. Sorry about that, I couldn't figure out where to click next to the Icon. I did not mean for a thumbs up sign. Thanks, May
Last Post: Mar 14, 2006 1:04am
by May
A Transition
Dana Reeve 1961-2006 Link:Christopher ReeveFoundation
Views: 604   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2006 5:02pm
by Gerard
The Nines Are Lining Up
I have an impression, an intuitive one, that there are changes on the horizon of major proportions. I believe it has to do with corrections that have to take place to create a balance that was broken after 9/11. I have definite thoughts as to what part of the solutio...
Views: 629   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2006 6:18pm
by Gerard
Big Decision Time- Best to Sleep on It
Unconscious deliberation may lead to a more satisfying choice, study finds The unconscious is capable of many things that most have yet to understand. Those of us who have studied Jungian dream psychology are not surprised to read of these 'new' reports....
Views: 510   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 8:06pm
by Gerard
Follow Up To Dream Interpretations
I see a lot of ones {1s} beside many posts. This indicates that there are interpretations being given but following up to the interpretations are not being provided. Forum contributors generously give of their time to provide insights to posted dreams. I would hope t...
Views: 503   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 6:41am
by Gerard
Jean Erdman Campbell-The Dance
I know most of you are familiar with Joseph Campbell. But how many know of his wife, Jean Erdman Campbell? Knowing Campbell you know his dictates to follow your bliss, the creative Self. While Joe followed his bliss through mythology, his wife Jean followed the dance...
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2006 6:38am
by Gerard
may
six dreams
hi this is my first time posting; i posted some dreams a few days ago, really really need some insight. hope people will reply to my posts. thanks,May
Views: 540   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2006 3:54am
by may
May
A sixth dream but not one I meant
Sixth Dream (Crucifix or Cross) I dreamt my husband gave me a crucifix as a gift. It had the body of Jesus on it, but it was somehow deformed, it was lying sideways, instead of hanging as usual. In the dream I was thinking, I've moved beyond Christianity as a my pe...
Views: 617   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2006 3:00pm
by May
May
Six dreams
First dream-"Knife Dream" I'm in a silver/grey car. its a very grey day. A masked man(i think he was masked) is approaching my side of the window. I'm in the back seat sitting next to my sister and brother. My parents are in the front seat. He is approaching my...
Views: 585   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2006 9:49am
by May
innate geometrical senses-We’re all hard-wired for geometry
Here is a great article at MSNBC. We’re hard-wired for geometry. I find it interesting that the study used primitive people for the experiment, providing the data that can be scientifically documented. Jung's archetypes are first traced to the primitive mind of...
Views: 627   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2006 6:49pm
by Gerard
Myth & Dreams
Hey gang. Thanks for all the help while I took my hiatus for the holidays. I want to say how proud I am to be associated with so many great people at the Dream Forum, those of you who are contributors, willing to share your thoughts, knowledge, time and insights with...
Views: 622   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2006 7:11am
by Gerard
JC
Car accident
Ok, so this dream starts off with me being in Wal-Mart with my mom and my younger sister, looking for gifts for people, which is interesting since this dream happened right after Christmas. It was like 4 in the morning so there was almost no one in the store. I had s...
Views: 493   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 27, 2005 4:51am
by JC
Site link - Internet Sacred Text Archive
Hi All, Another web site that may be of interest is the Internet Sacred Text Archive site. Free access to a large number of complete original texts of mythology, religion, spirituality, folklore, etc. From the About page: “This site is a freely available...
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 7:57pm
by Kathy
Questionnair for Posted Dreams
I have given much thought to the questionnair for those who post their dreams. I believe to protect privacy and not to turn people off I will provide a detailed questionnair but the answers will be private information. Besides keeping the information private the form...
Views: 534   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 5:41pm
by Gerard
foreseeing
This dream still creeps me out till this day. What happend in my dream is not at all exaggerated. It started out as a view of a spinning globe, sort of like a background for a news report. The Globe kept spinning back and forth. It was looking for an area of the...
Views: 573   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2005 9:21pm
by John
A Wonderful Group of People at the Dream Forum
I again want to thank all of you who contribute to the Dream Forum by helping others understand their dreams. As many of you know I am self employed and it often requires a lot of my time and energy. Because of this I often can not give the time I wish to give to ans...
Views: 545   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2005 7:11am
by Gerard
An Outline of Analytical Psychology link
Hi All, Found this article to be helpful in placing each aspect in context to the whole. For those of us just starting out it may offer a bit more clarity of the overall Jungian model. This is an outline so the more experienced here will probably find it elementa...
Views: 578   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 5:41pm
by Kathy
The Fish Pre-Dating the Cross
Often dreams have fish as symbolic metaphors within them. And often this symbol is seen as the true self, the spiritual self. A new archeological find in Israel provides insights to early Christianity that pre-dates the cross. And the mosiac of the fish is the primar...
Views: 505   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2005 5:14am
by Gerard
Marion Woodman, Jungian Analyst
For those who have yet to discover Marion Woodman, here is a link to her page listing several of her excellent audio books. Ms Woodman uses dream psychology when working with addictions and has broken new ground with her insights to the dream and psyche. Her audio bo...
Views: 501   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2005 6:59pm
by Gerard
A Message From Gerard
The next few weeks I will be very busy with my work {my day job} and will not be able to respond to dream requests as quickly as I would like. Please be patient. I will get to all dreams asap. And follow-up posts. Follow-up reponses are very important for me because...
Views: 500   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 8:00am
by Gerard
For Those Using Thread Style-Chronology of Hurricanes Katrina, Rita & Wilma
You may not be aware of the two ways to view the Dream Forum. One is the Thread Style and the other is the Board Style. Both have different advantages. If you will look to the top of the page you will see either 'Switch to Board Style' or Switch to Thread Style', dep...
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2005 10:36am
by Gerard
Change Text Color/Add a Link/Add an Image/Cut & Paste
You may be wandering how I add a different color to the words in my posts, add an image or add a link to another page or site. I have created a page to show you just how to do all three. Plus how to easily cut and paste the codes. This page link is also available at...
Views: 490   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2005 11:52am
by Gerard
Metaphysics and the Mother
Tamed the social dragon the first of the week, finished my project and will take at look at the posted dreams and comments Thursday morning. An article I came across today I think may be of interest. Doorways of Support and Inspiration:: Healing Mind, Body and S...
Last Post: Sep 21, 2005 6:54pm
by Gerard
Joseph Campbell-The Inspiration for Star Wars
I found a new webpage on Joseph Campbell I felt worthy to note. Notice Campbell's philosophy on the consciousness as a form of energy, underlined at end of post. You can see his influence on my thinking. Just as with George Lucas, Campbell is my personal guru. Her...
Views: 506   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2005 6:02pm
by Gerard
Myth and Dreams
I just reread {for the hundred time} the link I provided in my previous post My Dream and I want to encourage everyone to read it. Joseph Campbell was a master of articulation, able to put into words those things that inform the senses and not only the ear. This ex...
Views: 563   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 7:13pm
by Gerard
Hurricane Risk to New Orleans - Sept. 2002
Do you believe in prophecy? Read/listen to this radio program aired in Sept. 2002 about Hurricane Risk to New Orleans - Sept. 2002. This is fascinating stuff. You can listen to FREE. Here is the printable version Print Version Also the reference to his dream, l...
Views: 805   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2005 6:48pm
by Gerard
Green field & two circles
Hi All, Notes: 1. In the dream the boy is like my dog Hannah- happy and unruly! 2. Back on the 9 to 5. Feels good to have a job helping people & to be out and about. 3. I feel this dream describes need to continue working toward personal growth. 4. Confused...
Views: 663   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2005 7:08pm
by Kathy
The Ninth House in Astrology
Something that should be of interest to those interested in the hero/heroine path. And the number nine. NINTH HOUSE: This is the House of THE PHILOSOPHICAL & THE FOREIGN... how you seek the meaning & purpose of Life through: philosophy, religion, higher learnin...
Views: 551   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 8:08pm
by Gerard
Besides Interpreting Dreams I Also Am A Carpenter {but not Jewish}
I have stated previously my profession in the real world. For most of the past 27 years I have been self employed, a fence and deck contractor. Although it provides me with a good living {monetary} and gives me a chance to use my creative skills for the enjoyment of...
Views: 592   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2005 7:28am
by Gerard
Follow Up To Dream Interpretations
When a dream is posted at the Forum and an interpretation is provided by myself or another Forum contributor, we request a follow up to the interpretation{s}. Because it does take time and effort to interpret a dream I think it is only fair that there is a response b...
Views: 615   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2005 7:18am
by Gerard
Paramahansa Yogananda's - 'The Resurrection of the Christ Within You'
I came across this webpage and want to share it with all. Jospeh Campbell met Paramahansa Yogananda when both were young men and they became friends. The similiar psychologies of Gnosticism and Buddhism strongly suggests a historical connection. Campbell spoke of...
Views: 594   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2005 7:56pm
by Gerard
My Social Dragon
To the Contributors, I again want to thank all the contributors to the Forum for helping with the dream requests. I am in the heart of my busy season with my fence contracting and as I have said previously my thinking self is requires much of my energies. I hope all...
Views: 533   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2005 5:13pm
by Gerard
Contributors to the Dream Forum
I want to thank all the contributors at the Forum for their great work while I am busy with other things {the social dragon}. For many it is the next step in investigating the dream world. The many posts supports my theory that within us all, for those who choose to...
Views: 568   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2005 7:03am
by Gerard
Proper Posting of a Dream
When I think of a dream I see it as an on-stage play, with characters and scripts that readily define what is trying to be communicated. Each character {aspect} has a role to play and in its presentation on stage one character can not tread on the lines of another {u...
Views: 581   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2005 7:55am
by Gerard
Help Needed
Hey gang. I currently I have a full plate with my personal life {this is my busy season workwise}. I would appreciate any and all contributions to interpreting posted dreams. I will do my best to interpret all dreams but if any of the contributors to the forum can ad...
Views: 561   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2005 3:54pm
by Gerard
Classic Interpretation of Two Dreams Posted by Kim
When you become adapt at using Jung's method of interpreting dreams, and have consciously expanded upon your intuitive skills, the dream opens up and the symbolism becomes understandable. Not that you can say, 'this is the meaning of your dream', but instead 'this is...
Views: 569   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2005 7:29am
by Gerard
crowd of archetypes
last night i had a vision,i say a vision because i was awakened from sleep,and sat up with a start at 3am,what i saw was amazing,before my eyes in the room ,there was a huge crowd of archetypal figures ,king ,queen,trickster,shadow,wise old man various demonic figure...
Views: 561   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 24, 2005 5:27am
by steve
heroes journey motifs in dreams
hi jerry and all,just thought i would share an insight,i was recently looking through various interpretations of ,archetypes of the heroes path,especially the sections on, the approach to the innermost cave ,and the ordeal. under one of the innermost cave interpreta...
Views: 559   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2005 5:44am
by steve
Mid-Life and Dreams
When you look at the posts at the Forum you may notice the number that are being posted by those who are at that mid-life stage. Having been in that transitional stage myself for what seems an eternity {I turn 55 in March} I am very familiar with the many changes tha...
Views: 593   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2005 10:47am
by Gerard
1 2

stats from 7-14-10 to the present